Page 144 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1805
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tanak with flower = Champion of truth

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Neuville tomorrow should be the pilot that is presumed to be ,,, see if it's true ...

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Impressed with Meeke's driving and pace considering his little time in the car. Tanak has had the upper hand, but some of the times have been really close and we know how superb Tanak is in that car. Plus Tanak has something to fight for still. Meeke's pace vs Latvala is pretty telling though - a driver on his debut rally with nothing to fight for, whereas Latvala is in a fierce battle for a podium in his 3rd season in the car, and has lost 40s to Kris today.

Jari just doesn't seem to have that outright raw speed he used to have years ago. He used to be able to beat anyone on a stage/rally if he was happy and driving to his best. Or it felt like that when he wasn't struggling mentally. Nowadays he just doesn't have that speed after years of being crushed by Ogier, and again last year with Tanak.

At least he's learned to be a bit more solid and get the car home though. Which proved valuable in the second half of last season to help Toyota win the manufacturers title
    Latvala isn't consistently quick like he used to be, true, and what he's lost in outright pace he's made up well in consistency (never thought I'd say that) but, credit where credit is due, he still does have the speed. 2018 was a terrible year to benchmark him against, but he showed good speed in the second half of the season (ie Spain) and was especially level headed and calm tempered at his win in Australia. He's clearly no longer the team leader but instead of taking that pressure and putting it on top of him, like how he started 2018, he's now turned into a Sordo figure, who knows his limitations, and doesn't do the stupid shit he'd have done before.

When he is comfortable and in the zone, he's still a proper monster. He was quick today in Monte on stages 10 and 12 and had good speed at times yesterday too. All he needs to do is widen his operating window.

4. Likes: Rally Power (26th January 2019)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    I know it is just one rally, and still a lot can happen etc, etc,..
    But so far Loeb is ideall wingman for Neuville and Hyundai.
    Ok pure speed, Tanak is faster, he is behind Loeb because of bad luck, but you can count on Loeb to keep him behind.
    And more important keep the car on the road!

Also, in my opinion we see a Neuville in "happy" mode this weekend. Perhaps this is more because of the Nandan out, Adamo in effect.
    Mikkelsen is his friend, knowing Loeb is there to "help",.. all Hyundai drivers seem to get along pretty good. Mindset is very important!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I think Neuville is simply happy because now he knows the speed of the Hyundai is good. Always a question at the start of every season, you don't know how much the other teams have progressed.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Not so sure about Loeb keeping Tänak behind at this rate. When the conditions are more ideal tomorrow, then probably yes...
    Last edited by Tarmop; 26th January 2019 at 15:55.

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    I want to see how fast toyotas are after they get those new differentials .

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Neuville tonight: "Honestly, we also have to think about the championship, in this position it's not too bad. Not being first on the road in Sweden could be an advantage. " #WRC
    Just as I said earlier.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 808 Times in 424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Desborough said snow is forecast !?
    No snow before sundays night

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    And that's it, the day is done before 3pm
    Crazy. Just have to have a go myself !

#M-SPORTER