Page 28 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    Calm down. In rally sweden just the bigger spectator places like Colins Crest Arena, Torsby Arena or the finish of Hagfors stage at the old ski slope etc. are called Arena.

For sure they want to keep this places. No one is talking about full arena stages - dont make anything up from nothing.

After some years with nearly identical itinerary, some change for 2020 is very positive.
    Been in those places and never going back there. Absolutely horrific places to spectate a rally. It's more for people who goes there to have a drink and enjoy the athmosphere. And by enjoying the atmosphere I mean have a lot of drinks. But it is not for spectating a rally. More like an open air festival.
    Last edited by cali; 7th February 2019 at 10:37.

2. Likes: AnttiL (7th February 2019),BleAivano (8th February 2019),ELPE (8th February 2019),tommeke_B (8th February 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Like tc10a says, it's not a whole stage, in an arena. It's what they call a stage with an arena.
    Here you can see the stages with and arena https://rallysweden.com/en/the-race/
    So they would have to swap all Norwegian stages on Friday (so keep Torsby, that's it), swap Rämmen on Saturday and Likenäs on Sunday.

Though I do agree with tommeke the end of Svullrya can be considered an arena (and the spot I've been at for the last years are getting fuller and fuller!)
    Myrvold, I have been many times in Rally Sweden and visited those arena stages. Maybe it is just me and my friends but we're never going back to those "Arena places". Just horrible.
    Last edited by cali; 7th February 2019 at 06:03.

4. Likes: tommeke_B (8th February 2019)
    WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts
    Did you receive the rally magazine? It was to be sent on the fifth week?!?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Like tc10a says, it's not a whole stage, in an arena. It's what they call a stage with an arena.
    Here you can see the stages with and arena https://rallysweden.com/en/the-race/
    So they would have to swap all Norwegian stages on Friday (so keep Torsby, that's it), swap Rämmen on Saturday and Likenäs on Sunday.

Though I do agree with tommeke the end of Svullrya can be considered an arena (and the spot I've been at for the last years are getting fuller and fuller!)
    Likenäs has also the rallycross part in the beginning, that counts as an arena, right?

In Finland we also have these large official spectator areas which an be considered as arenas, the most famous of them the Kakaristo junction. For sure it's nice for the casual fan or a tourist, but for the hardcore fans it's better to pick a quieter place in the forest. Like cali said, it's more of a festival, lots of drunk people who don't even care so much for the competition...

7. Likes: cali (7th February 2019),pantealex (7th February 2019)
    The long term forecasts are still to be changed, but let's speculate. Right now it looks like there won't be snowfall during the whole rally week, especially not during Friday. If we assume we get some plus degrees and rain on the weekend, then some -8°C days before the rally and no fresh snow, that would mean a good ice base for the roads. This would favour the first car on the road, right? The studs would have a direct contact to the ice, whereas all the next cars would have to deal with various amounts of loose snow/slush on top of the ice?

Liked 92 Times in 47 Posts
    I remember very clearly 2017 Rally Sweden, when yrno forecast promised some + degrees throughout the whole rally, but in fact it hit the very first night -17 C and stayed well below the zero during the event.

2017 was still a year with quite little snow and small snowbanks, but a good ice layer on the roads.

11. Likes: Entertainer (7th February 2019)
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I do hope there will be new fresh stages, maybe run ten-twenty years ago.

But really no more show is needed.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 41 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp View Post
    Did you receive the rally magazine? It was to be sent on the fifth week?!?
    I have not received mine. I sent query about that today, but no reply yet.

14. Likes: ruesluporp (7th February 2019)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    If you are waiting for the spectator maps with parking areas you can find them here also
    https://rallysweden.com/en/the-race/
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net