Page 36 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    I hope that we have good conditions so we can enjoy ourselves, although I’m aware that running first is very often a significant disadvantage, due to the layer of snow covering the ice,” said Ogier, a three-time Sweden winner

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/febr...1--12-12-.html

Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Those shots looks great ! Here in Finland it has been raining for four days now and there is so much slush. I was fearing something similar

Still time to go though. Btw, to rally sweden veterans, is there some booths etc on the stages that sell food like "rallykorv" etc Just so that I know how to prepare.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    so rallying week finally.

Since we still dont know the exact weather, then at the moment its hard to predict who is gonna be at the top but looking the previous years, the guys should be the usual ones, Ogier, Neuville, Tänak, Latvala. Loeb, Lappi and Mikkelsen too i guess.

Neuville will be interesting to watch, two years in a row he has had excellent starting position but this time he is starting at the front, but he is always fast, whatever position he is starting at.

Meeke showed great speed in Monte but Sweden has been a nightmare for him. Every result i checked from the past, he has never finished this rally without trouble.

Lets hope we will have a nice weather and conditions, which is the main thing.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (11th February 2019),er88 (11th February 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Yep Meeke has had a nightmare in Sweden every time he's tackled the event. I can't see him either matching the pace of Tanak and Latvala, or finishing solidly. Can't see Latvala or Tanak not being among the leaders, unless Latvala caves in mentally for some reason.

Anyone of the 3 Hyundai's could/ should fight for the win depending on conditions. The car is superb in Sweden - pressure on Mikkelsen following a poor start to the season and it being his home rally.

Citroen will be interesting - the car was awful here in 2017 but Ostberg and particularly Breen were fast last year (helped by road position initially, but then Breen outpaced Mikkelsen and finished 2nd). Not sure what to expect with Lappi, but favourable road position and he could be near the front after the first day at least.

Msport - hoping to see some pace at least from Tidemand after a cautious Monte. And especially want to see more from Suninen - this rally and Finland are events he should've been targeting at the start of the year. As for Evans, he's in the same boat as Mikkelsen - pressure on him from a bad season and then a poor start in Monte this year. Unfortunately I can't see him doing anything in Sweden, whereas Mikkelsen I can see doing well. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Evans gets dropped before the end of the season for Breen or Paddon...

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Rally Sweden predicting is now opened on WRC Fan as well. More details https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...rm-By-WRC-fans

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Msport - hoping to see some pace at least from Tidemand after a cautious Monte. And especially want to see more from Suninen - this rally and Finland are events he should've been targeting at the start of the year. As for Evans, he's in the same boat as Mikkelsen - pressure on him from a bad season and then a poor start in Monte this year. Unfortunately I can't see him doing anything in Sweden, whereas Mikkelsen I can see doing well. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Evans gets dropped before the end of the season for Breen or Paddon...
    Well Evans had good rally in Sweden last 2 years (of course Ogier and Tanak had nightmare last year, but still very good results for Evans). Agree about Tidemand and Suninen. Hopefully it'll be a good rally for M-Sport.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Those shots looks great ! Here in Finland it has been raining for four days now and there is so much slush. I was fearing something similar

Still time to go though. Btw, to rally sweden veterans, is there some booths etc on the stages that sell food like "rallykorv" etc Just so that I know how to prepare.
    There is food on every stage, but not at all marked spots...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

9. Likes: pantealex (11th February 2019)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    NOTE! Only cash on stages for parking and tickets. Organizer is very clear on that, saying no cards or swish possible.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: janvanvurpa (12th February 2019),pantealex (11th February 2019),tomhlord (11th February 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    wrc2 testing for Sweden
    https://youtu.be/wWKGJjSkHjM

13. Likes: Got Mail (12th February 2019),pantealex (11th February 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Any pictures (cars) from WRC2 testday ?

Interested to see liveries before leaving to SWEDEN. Easier to spectate if I know which car belongs to which driver.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"