Page 20 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    ...how to stay warm...
    Alcohol. And bonfire. And more alcohol.

2. Likes: tomhlord (11th February 2019)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    For a first time Rally Sweden visitor, does anyone have any advice about how to stay warm, please?

It may sound daft, but standing for many hours in a frozen forest seems a bit challenging!
    Proper boots (Muckboots from Canada) is the first thing...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: Luijbregts (28th January 2019),tomhlord (11th February 2019)
    WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts
    For a first time Rally Sweden visitor, does anyone have any advice about how to stay warm, please?

It may sound daft, but standing for many hours in a frozen forest seems a bit challenging!
    Put some fir branches under your feet, it isolates you from the frozen ground.
    Bring a disposable grill with you, and some swedish sausages with the proper breads.
    Do not forget a small camping seat, your buttocks will not be wet!
    In case of extreme cold, take some logs with you and make a fire.

6. Likes: Luijbregts (28th January 2019),tomhlord (11th February 2019)
    Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Proper boots (Muckboots from Canada) is the first thing...
    @Tomhlord: Ski wear, Woolen underwear both top and legs under your ski wear, water proof boots (I use the SOREL winterboots), Bring wood, knife and axe for fire, Jagermeister/beer and remember water, Coffee/tea you can cook over the fire, Find places in the sun if it is sunny, Use grane tree leaves/sticks to stand on. Have a great time :-)
    Have a great day, Rob

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    You can't stay warm, simple as that. No matter what you're wearing, first your feet will start to freeze and there's no coming back from that. But hey, it's all part of the experience.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Are you all going on a Northpole expedition?

I have been until now 14 times in Rally Sweden and NEVER had any problems with the cold wearing standard ski outfit (underwear and ski wear) and good winter trekking boots suitable for -30 degrees and more. Maybe cap and gloves to change if they get wet. If it is a really cold year just put one or two tshirts more on and thats it.

No need for fires, coffee, soups, alcohol, knives or axes or whatever. How do you bring all this stuff to the stage?
    I prefer to stay flexible and change my location during the day on the stage - then there is absolutely no need to build half a campsite.

10. Likes: cali (28th January 2019),dimviii (28th January 2019),Entertainer (29th January 2019),Lead (29th January 2019),Micke_VOC (29th January 2019),N.O.T (29th January 2019),Rallyper (28th January 2019),satnav (28th January 2019)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    No recce video for Rämmen stage yet. Why?
    Hi Per on WRC+ you can see onboards from the 2016 version , I know its the opposite direction and not exactly the same but at the minute its better than nothing and gives a bit of an idea of the road, if anyone gets the password for the stage videos I would appreciate a pm as well.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    Hi Per on WRC+ you can see onboards from the 2016 version , I know its the opposite direction and not exactly the same but at the minute its better than nothing and gives a bit of an idea of the road, if anyone gets the password for the stage videos I would appreciate a pm as well.
    Thanks Satnav. I already done that, with Mads, Seb and Historic Volvo of Mats Thorszelius...

And yes, you get to know places where there´s open Crests and some stuff like that. But more could have happened since 2016 so I´m curious.
    I have my thoughts of where to stay, but the more I get it confirmed the better… and from correct direction.

But thanks anyway, mate.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: satnav (29th January 2019)
    Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts

I have been in Rally Sweden four times and those have helped me a lot: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hands-Singl.../dp/B00GUH39YQ

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit12 View Post
    Alcohol. And bonfire. And more alcohol.

Stay away from alcohol. It makes you feel warm momenteraly, but otherwise will cool you down even more and the only way to avoid that is to drink more...and more...and even more.

16. Likes: Allez Andruet (29th January 2019),AnttiL (29th January 2019),Micke_VOC (30th January 2019),Myrvold (29th January 2019),pantealex (29th January 2019),satnav (29th January 2019),skarderud (29th January 2019),TWRC (29th January 2019),WRC1 (29th January 2019)