Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    SEA JETS sponsoring for Luky at this rally

Already since Acropolis :P

2. Likes: dimviii (24th July 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    You are forgetting Magalhães. This season he seems too focused on consistency and point scoring but we should believe he can be faster than guys like Grzyb or Kreim, with due respect. Surely it was disappointing not see him fighting for the podium in Canarias or Rome (he was P3 on both last year and he usually performs greatly on that kind of stages) and next rounds won’t probably be the best ones for him to shine but he’ll still have plenty of chances to show that he’s more than just a reliable driver.
    I would say his results are consistent but not his speed. On some stages he is at the front but others he is way off. I don't know what the problem is, clearly he and the car are capable of it.

I still think he is a valuable addition to the ERC but I would like to see him fight for the championship on speed and not just reliability.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (24th July 2018),Rally Power (24th July 2018)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Lukyanuk says that he didn't expect this win. I guess he thought that the Italians would be faster:
    https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-qa-alexey-lukyanuk-4/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    For sure many of us didn't know that this rule even exists but that doesn't change a thing on the fact that what he did is clearly forbidden by the written rules.
    Yep, rules are needed but they must be applied sensibly. In any democratic state, warnings, fines and suspended penalties are used on the legal system; shouldn’t the FIA be equally tolerant?

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I still think he is a valuable addition to the ERC but I would like to see him fight for the championship on speed and not just reliability.
    Amen. Running on a tight budget and a rally to rally basis probably doesn’t allow him to risk a bit more.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (24th July 2018)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Yep, rules are needed but they must be applied sensibly. In any democratic state, warnings, fines and suspended penalties are used on the legal system; shouldn’t the FIA be equally tolerant?
    Man, let's not start in this way. It has nothing to do with democracy. Every legal system has given range of penalties for most of the infringments and no, for most of them You don't get any warning or fine first.

We can discuss if such rule is need and if it's sensible to change it or cancel. But there is no point saying that Gago suffered some damage from wrong FIA decision. No, he suffered from his own mistake and the FIA gave him lesser penalty than what is written in the rules. They could have been stricter if they wanted.

PS what does it mean sensibly? It's forbidden to enter two event at the same time without withdrawing or excusing self from one of them and there is clearly given penalty for that. There is no ambiguity, no freedom in explanation of such rule and nothing to bend there.
    Last edited by Mirek; 24th July 2018 at 18:13.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: m-ast (25th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    [QUOTE=dimviii;1186675]Ιngram small clip

Better angle

https://twitter.com/ChrisIngramGB/st...13708890968064
    #M-SPORTER

11. Likes: Mirek (25th July 2018),WUff1 (25th July 2018)
    Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I guess Kreim did well after having stuff stolen the day before the rally.

But his times were often quite slow and he was fortunate not to have any punctures like others.
    I think it was Munnings and Wagner who had the materials stolen.

13. Likes: Mirek (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018),WUff1 (25th July 2018)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    I think it was Munnings and Wagner who had the materials stolen.
    Yes, it was Catie and Simon.

15. Likes: WRC1 (25th July 2018)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Man, let's not start in this way. It has nothing to do with democracy. Every legal system has given range of penalties for most of the infringments and no, for most of them You don't get any warning or fine first.

We can discuss if such rule is need and if it's sensible to change it or cancel. But there is no point saying that Gago suffered some damage from wrong FIA decision. No, he suffered from his own mistake and the FIA gave him lesser penalty than what is written in the rules. They could have been stricter if they wanted.

PS what does it mean sensibly? It's forbidden to enter two event at the same time without withdrawing or excusing self from one of them and there is clearly given penalty for that. There is no ambiguity, no freedom in explanation of such rule and nothing to bend there.
    The reason for this FIA rule is that entering one event & then not turning up because you have entered another event is a breach of contract in civil law. If you look at the rules of any ASN that adopts the FIA code you should find that this is also a national rule. It has been a national rule in the UK for as long as I can remember & that's about 45 years.

17. Likes: Mirek (25th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Yes, it was Catie and Simon.
    The ES commentator said Kreim.

They must've heard him constantly complaining about lack of confidence in the pacenotes and thought his own were stolen...