Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    In my opinion the level of competition in ERC is not that high. When watching Grzyb you just have to ask yourself questions about competition. I was spectating Grzyb during last three years of Rally Hustopece and his results are 5th, 10th and 5th. He isnīt slow, but he isnīt some kind of top driver in middle Europe region. And there is no progress in both style of driving seen by eyes and results on paper. This is just his level, which is OK, but how can he be TOP 3 in Europe?
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    but how can he be TOP 3 in Europe?
    retirements.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Re Gryzb - experience and consistency counts for a lot, especially when you are competing against mostly young driver's...

5. Likes: RS (23rd July 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    In my opinion the level of competition in ERC is not that high. When watching Grzyb you just have to ask yourself questions about competition. I was spectating Grzyb during last three years of Rally Hustopece and his results are 5th, 10th and 5th. He isnīt slow, but he isnīt some kind of top driver in middle Europe region. And there is no progress in both style of driving seen by eyes and results on paper. This is just his level, which is OK, but how can he be TOP 3 in Europe?
    I think the speed at the front (by which I mean Lukyanuk and Gryazin) is pretty good now.. you can't beat Basso and Andreucci at home if you are slow. But the field could do with more depth and consistency.

Ingram is probably the one who has shown the most promise outside of that considering his lack of experience.

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (24th July 2018)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    So Alexey Lukyanuk has shown that the days of dangerous Italian drivers are gone. He was undoubtedly the best driver of the weekend. Congratulations
    Undoubtedly the times when Italian drivers were totally dominating events on their home soil are gone (for example look at the final results of Mille Miglia 2005: https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/6...0-miglia-2005/), but obviously you haven't looked close the results of Simone Cempedelli:
    1st stage: already on fourth corner rear drive-shaft failure....lost more than ten seconds.
    2nd stage: on the first proper stage he immiedately set the best stage time
    3rd stage: lost 5 sec compare to Luky
    4th stage: set equal stage time as Luky
    5th stage: flat tyre
    6st stage, flat tyre again, had to retire

On sunday Cempedelli was the fastest over all. So, I do not want to minimalize the pefect victory of Luky (after all I have put him on first place in my pickem!), but Cempedelli is showing already for the last two seasons great speed (he is eaisily the fastest compare to Ucci, Scandola, Crungola, Nucita...), however his finish arrivals are very rare.....for some retirements the reason is technique failure, but he is also very ''crash prone''.

9. Likes: dimviii (23rd July 2018)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    All we can learn from your link of Mille Miglia '05 is that there were almost no foreign drivers, and from those, very few fast ones...

11. Likes: Mirek (23rd July 2018)
    Campedelli was fast,but as Ucci said he is too much prone to crashes,broken rims,flat tyres etc.
    Italian championship is not slow,they are still fast,just too many contenters for various reasons were out of the battle very early at this rally

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Why is Andrea Crugnola so slow? I remember reading somewhere that he was going to be a new Italian talent...
    He was one of the biggest italian talents. But did some bad decisions and also lack of money...

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    It's a nonsense about Simon Wagner on Rally-Base website !!! They give him 7' penalty for superrally but he seems to always finish stages(he says something at the end of almost each stage)and seems not to have any problems !!
    He retired in SS 3 - https://rally-base.com/crew-profile/...8&crewId=41069