Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes, it's possible, most top Italian drivers are much over 30 or even 40, but it doesn't explain the fact that only last year they were faster than top ERC crews. I have just found my comparison of stage times from last year. Crugnola was wiining stages and this year he is down in the 13th position. So last year the Italians were faster and just one year later so much slower. What has changed since last year?
    Last year italians were driving under different conditions (and in different time). This year they must follow all ERC rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Why they measure time of passing through three donuts and two chicanes is beyond me.

Anyway do they make roads from ice in Rome? It looks unnaturally slippery.
    Last year, before podium there was road for coming cars. There was plenty of spectators, cars were doing donuts between them. It was toooooooooo dangerous. So thats why they decided to do it as regular stage with all safety measures.

Quote Originally Posted by m-ast View Post
    Stewards change yesterday decision on Gago's non prensence and they only quit him 10 points
    http://www.rallydiromacapitale.it/do...a_erc_2018.pdf
    It was difficult job...

Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    In my opinion the level of competition in ERC is not that high. When watching Grzyb you just have to ask yourself questions about competition. I was spectating Grzyb during last three years of Rally Hustopece and his results are 5th, 10th and 5th. He isn´t slow, but he isn´t some kind of top driver in middle Europe region. And there is no progress in both style of driving seen by eyes and results on paper. This is just his level, which is OK, but how can he be TOP 3 in Europe?
    You are out of reality. He is currently one of the fastest drivers in middle Europe, without any doubts. He did great rally, he was fighting with Andreucci and forced him to retire. He did really good job there.

5. Likes: electroliquid (25th July 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    The said confusing quotes of him after SS4 were on rally-base...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Undoubtedly the times when Italian drivers were totally dominating events on their home soil are gone (for example look at the final results of Mille Miglia 2005: https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/6...0-miglia-2005/), but obviously you haven't looked close the results of Simone Cempedelli:
    1st stage: already on fourth corner rear drive-shaft failure....lost more than ten seconds.
    2nd stage: on the first proper stage he immiedately set the best stage time
    3rd stage: lost 5 sec compare to Luky
    4th stage: set equal stage time as Luky
    5th stage: flat tyre
    6st stage, flat tyre again, had to retire

On sunday Cempedelli was the fastest over all. So, I do not want to minimalize the pefect victory of Luky (after all I have put him on first place in my pickem!), but Cempedelli is showing already for the last two seasons great speed (he is eaisily the fastest compare to Ucci, Scandola, Crungola, Nucita...), however his finish arrivals are very rare.....for some retirements the reason is technique failure, but he is also very ''crash prone''.
    Rallysport is not about winning stages, but about to be first in the finish...

8. Likes: pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The said confusing quotes of him after SS4 were on rally-base...
    I didnt seen it, there was really bad internet connection in service. So maybe some mistake...

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I think the speed at the front (by which I mean Lukyanuk and Gryazin) is pretty good now.. you can't beat Basso and Andreucci at home if you are slow. But the field could do with more depth and consistency.
    You are forgetting Magalhães. This season he seems too focused on consistency and point scoring but we should believe he can be faster than guys like Grzyb or Kreim, with due respect. Surely it was disappointing not see him fighting for the podium in Canarias or Rome (he was P3 on both last year and he usually performs greatly on that kind of stages) and next rounds won’t probably be the best ones for him to shine but he’ll still have plenty of chances to show that he’s more than just a reliable driver.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-ast View Post
    Stewards change yesterday decision on Gago's non prensence and they only quit him 10 points
    http://www.rallydiromacapitale.it/do...a_erc_2018.pdf
    Still 10 points more than what would be fair…
    Many can find that penalties must be fully applied, but we should remember often how hard drivers fight for an extra point on a rally and how unfair is to wipe away that brilliant effort for some administrative reason or a minor sport fault. A fine and a suspended penalty would be enough in such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Bah, it's just a rally not deserving to be in ERC (let alone WRC, as someone already suggests). Plenty of better rallies in Italy, or somewhere else in Europe.
    Yep, this rally doesn’t seem to be the best one to represent Italy at the ERC, but an event in Italy (and one in France, btw) should be part of it. Strong local entries are a plus for the series.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Still 10 points more than what would be fair…
    Sorry but in the rules it's written black on white that he shall loose his license for exactly this infringement. Loosing 10 points by the decision of the stewards is much softer penalty and in a way he shall be glad it ended with loosing only 10 points instead of the license. For sure many of us didn't know that this rule even exists but that doesn't change a thing on the fact that what he did is clearly forbidden by the written rules.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: m-ast (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)