Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    And that driver is Leclerc, who I think Vettel is as scared to have as a co-driver as Danny boy!
    I think he's still got some developing to do. Could get there though.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

2. Likes: Mia 01 (22nd July 2018)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    And that driver is Leclerc, who I think Vettel is as scared to have as a co-driver as Danny boy!
    After the race today I just don't know if Leclerc is ready. But Seb I see much like Alonso in the sense that he is a great driver, but not having obvious #1 status gets in his head fairly quickly. Just the time they kept him behind Kimi today was evidence of how quick he starts stressing out and whining.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    After the race today I just don't know if Leclerc is ready.
    It was a freaky race for him today, at least he has done well more often than stuff like today rather than the other way round.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Leclerc has the rest of the season to mature, and give Kimi the freakin' boot for 2019. Come on dawg Fred punked Kimi whe he was a lot younger, in fact Massa was a match for Kimi when they drove for Ferrari.!He has got to be getting tired of being a freakin' lap dog.I think Danny boy is the better driver, but Ieclerc is the future
    May the forza be with you

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    It was a freaky race for him today, at least he has done well more often than stuff like today rather than the other way round.
    Completely agreed. I think he is the real deal, and would do well in a better car. But as I've said upthread, once the cars get faster the problems often arise. It's not as if Ferrari has a hard time pulling in drivers, and I think if I were them the prospect of Ricciardo has more promise at the moment. With the recent car problems, I'd bet Ricciardo's asking price is still dropping as well.

Leclerc has the rest of the season to mature, and give Kimi the freakin' boot for 2019. Come on dawg Fred punked Kimi whe he was a lot younger, in fact Massa was a match for Kimi when they drove for Ferrari.!He has got to be getting tired of being a freakin' lap dog.I think Danny boy is the better driver, but Ieclerc is the future
    If Danny is the better driver (and I agree), then why hire the lesser driver? Kimi isn't really much to gauge by, as since the season with Massa he's been in obvious #2 status as his driving declined. He brings home points and mostly stays out of trouble, but seems content towing the party line for the team. But as the current old man in F1, his options are limited as to being in a competitive team that won't force him into that situation.

If they bring on Ricciardo and give neither driver #1 status, I suspect Seb will crack. And if Danny whips his butt, Leclerc will probably still be available to partner him the following year.

7. Likes: Tazio (23rd July 2018)