Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Breen many times, Evans many times, Ostberg many times, Lappi many times, Lefebvre many times, Mikkelsen at least once, Meeke few times, Paddon few times, Tänak few times too I think. It's way more of those who have than those who haven't.
    Last edited by Mirek; 14th August 2018 at 20:39.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: pantealex (15th August 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Many of those before they had WRC contracts or whilst they weren’t under contract. Sordo is a current WRC driver and former WRC tarmac winner, I think he (and Neuville on Ypres) is on a different level to those you mention.

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (14th August 2018)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    @RhysYatesRally

Some exciting news: It's going to be a busy week....

Aiming to keep my @MSA_BRC & @FIAERC hopes alive by contesting both the @UlsterRally & @barumrally in the same week.

Delighted to be driving a Kresta Racing Fabia R5 for Barum too !

“It was going to be pretty impossible to get the car from Antrim to Zlin in time for a decent shakedown and we have been lucky enough to work out a great deal with Roman (Kresta) and his team to drive one of his Skoda’s. I`ll be using my own car in Ulster run by CA1 Sport and jumping on a plane pretty much as soon as the rally is over”.

http://www.rhysyates.com/from-antrim...nd-erc-rounds/
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 14th August 2018 at 21:59.
    #M-SPORTER

6. Likes: Jarek Z (14th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post

Ingram said R5, and maybe he’s right.. other than Neuville/Ypres have any other current WRC drivers started with R5 elsewhere?
    One or two have driven R5's, but usually to get tarmac practice (like Ostberg & Paddon). I dont think Sordo in Barum falls into this category...

So WRC's Sordo, ex-ERC Champ Kopecky, and the rocket Lukyanuk... have there been a stronger trio to beat in an R5 / ERC rally ?
    #M-SPORTER

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    @RhysYatesRally

Some exciting news: It's going to be a busy week....

Aiming to keep my @MSA_BRC & @FIAERC hopes alive by contesting both the @UlsterRally & @barumrally in the same week.

Delighted to be driving a Kresta Racing Fabia R5 for Barum too !

“It was going to be pretty impossible to get the car from Antrim to Zlin in time for a decent shakedown and we have been lucky enough to work out a great deal with Roman (Kresta) and his team to drive one of his Skoda’s. I`ll be using my own car in Ulster run by CA1 Sport and jumping on a plane pretty much as soon as the rally is over”.

http://www.rhysyates.com/from-antrim...nd-erc-rounds/
    He'll be using the car which was reserved for Nordgren...

One or two have driven R5's, but usually to get tarmac practice (like Ostberg & Paddon). I dont think Sordo in Barum falls into this category...

So WRC's Sordo, ex-ERC Champ Kopecky, and the rocket Lukyanuk... have there been a stronger trio to beat in an R5 / ERC rally ?
    Only Sordo, Latvala and Ogier havet driven R5 in a competition from all WRC works drivers and half of the rest drove at least once against Kopecký or Lukyanuk and most of the time it was in ERC events. There is really nothing that special about that.

As a Brit You should at least remember that Evans spent quite a large part of the last season figting Kopecký (and even Mikkelsen) in R5...
    Last edited by Mirek; 14th August 2018 at 22:14.

9. Likes: pantealex (15th August 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (15th August 2018)
    Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    I think you can compare it by Ypres this Neuville Abbring Bouffier. Abbring super quick but crash prone like Luky and Bouffier always very fast in Ypres and Neuville, Ogier his biggest in all those years.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

13. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (15th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    As a Brit You should at least remember that Evans spent quite a large part of the last season figting Kopecký (and even Mikkelsen) in R5...
    Not pure R5 events... WRC.

Other WRC drivers have driven R5's but BEFORE they were in WRC.

Other WRC drivers have driven R5's but BEFORE they were in WRC.
    No, absoutely not. Neuville (Ypres 2x), Evans (dozens of events), Ostberg (ERC Canarias against Lukyanuk + many events in Norway) or Paddon (Sanremo at least) definitely drove R5 after they were WRC drivers. And Mikkelsen even 3 months after he won WRC Rally Australia (Monte Carlo).

16. Likes: pantealex (15th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    No, absoutely not. Neuville (Ypres 2x), Evans (dozens of events), Ostberg (ERC Canarias against Lukyanuk + many events in Norway) or Paddon (Sanremo at least) definitely drove R5 after they were WRC drivers. And Mikkelsen even 3 months after he won WRC Rally Australia (Monte Carlo).
    I was talking about purely R5/ERC events. I already mentioned Ostberg and Paddon (tarmac practice so were not the hardest to beat).

As for Mikkelsen he did WRC2 not ERC, as did Evans after he was demoted by M-Sport.

Yes current WRC-man Neuville is one example at Ypres, as said by Mousti.. (but he crashed early on in 2017, plus it isnt ERC now with top drivers, only TER)
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 15th August 2018 at 19:44.
    #M-SPORTER