Page 26 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    When he was crawling through the stages last season in the c3 in Sardinia, he did a tv interview where he said he could walk into the i20 and be fast straight away as that car was more like the Polo (compared to the c3 which was totally different to drive). I think he's just having a bad year and isn't as fast or competitive as many thought he was. When he was over looked by Makinen it was made out like he was a nailed on future champion by some. He needs to step up because Neuville is winning this championship in the same car and Sordo is having a good season too.
    (note that this was after he tested the I20 on gravel)

Also he walked into the I20 and immediately led after first gravel day of Spain, so he told the truth.

2. Likes: AnttiL (17th August 2018),Mirek (17th August 2018)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    when he was crawling through the stages last season in the c3 in sardinia, he did a tv interview where he said he could walk into the i20 and be fast straight away as that car was more like the polo (compared to the c3 which was totally different to drive). I think he's just having a bad year and isn't as fast or competitive as many thought he was. When he was over looked by makinen it was made out like he was a nailed on future champion by some. He needs to step up because neuville is winning this championship in the same car and sordo is having a good season too.
    nailed it!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Reply from WRC+ Support:

' We have already recognized the problem and at the moment we are working hard to solve it as soon as possible.
    We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to ask you to retry later. Thank you ! '
    Very fast. Only 20 days left when they recognized something

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo View Post
    Mikkelsen is nowhere...
    I wonder what the contract exit clauses are?
    Last edited by tomhlord; 17th August 2018 at 12:33.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    (note that this was after he tested the I20 on gravel)

Also he walked into the I20 and immediately led after first gravel day of Spain, so he told the truth.
    And this year the pace has been there on gravel, at least at times

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hyundai have been in WRC for many years now, they have the biggest budget together with Toyota and yet the car is this bad on tarmac. Im starting to think the guys on the top are doing a pretty shitty job.
    Let's see if they find some speed after service, but it's indeed frustrating to see that the problems they've had for a while aren't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Let's see if they find some speed after service, but it's indeed frustrating to see that the problems they've had for a while aren't fixed.
    It looks like some things sit quite hard at Hyundai.
    Paddon supposedly got the dif he wanted first in Finland this year. 1,5 year after the car introduction. (and Paddon has been driving also the previous I20 and won Argentina with it)

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It looks like some things sit quite hard at Hyundai.
    Paddon supposedly got the dif he wanted first in Finland this year. 1,5 year after the car introduction. (and Paddon has been driving also the previous I20 and won Argentina with it)
    The 2016 i20 was quite good, second best to the Polo on most of the events including tarmac events such as Germany and Spain. For those two events things have gone in the wrong direction.

Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    I wonder what the contract exit clauses are?
    At the moment I wouldnt be surprised if Mikkelsen wants to go back to citroen. He clearly likes the C3 better on tarmac. And the car is going in the right direction on gravel. I cant see Hyundai being very happy with him either. Maybe they start to realise this wasnt a perfect match.

Whom would they replace him with? Paddon has comparable (slightly worse) results on gravel this year and he has never shown any good speed on tarmac.
    Sordo said he doesn't want to do full season again.

Only clearly better option could be Lappi, who is still quite untested and unlikely to want to change so early. Latvala as mentioned is doing even worse than Mikkelsen this year and was also worse in 2016 when they were in same car.