Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    He's exactly same place on tarmac with Hyundai as he was in Spain last year... nowhere. Funny that it seems Hyundai doesn't care (1,5 day test before Germany).

I get their priority now is Neuville and manu champs... but Neuville is 3rd on their home rally and Sordo is getting beaten by Lappi and Evans on tarmac.
    The Hyundai is clearly the slowest car on tarmac. It only suits Neuville, and not even he is able to go as fast as he should.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The Hyundai is clearly the slowest car on tarmac. It only suits Neuville, and not even he is able to go as fast as he should.
    With Germany and Spain on tarmac and fighting for both championships I'd expect them to be testing on tarmac like hell before Germany. Instead all drivers got like 1 day and a bit of test and as Nandan said they only worked a bit on setup.
    I get they can "sacrifice" Finland cause it's one rally ( a bit like Toyota "sacrifices" Mexico) but 3 tarmac rallies that's too much.
    Last edited by mknight; 17th August 2018 at 11:56.

3. Likes: tomhlord (17th August 2018)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Latvala looks like a broken man... again

5. Likes: tomhlord (17th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Latvala looks like a broken man... again
    One thing is Tanak coming in and being faster, but now Lappi being consistently faster on tarmac is probably too much.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Yeah but he couldn't drive the c3 on gravel at all either. He's just not as good or as fast as people made him out to be I'm afraid to say. He was at vw for years in basically a one team championship, yet won 1 rally on pace alone? Spain was the biggest gift ever from Seb. Even his best result this season was overshadowed by getting beaten by Breen in his "home rally" and blown away by Neuville. Let's hope for his sake he can have a good end to the season and find some extra speed, and take that into next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    He explained it on the interview, his driving style doesn't fit the i20 on tarmac. He's not as aggressive on the steering wheel as the other drivers. In the more unstable C3 that style worked better.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarriK View Post
    do you have that scrolling etc buttons all the time under all live video? I can't get those off anymore!
    Reply from WRC+ Support:

' We have already recognized the problem and at the moment we are working hard to solve it as soon as possible.
    We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to ask you to retry later. Thank you ! '
    #M-SPORTER

9. Likes: HarriK (17th August 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    standings going into lunch

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: tomhlord (17th August 2018)
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    With Germany and Spain on tarmac and fighting for both championships I'd expect them to be testing on tarmac like hell before Germany. Instead all drivers got like 1 day and a bit of test and as Nandan said they only worked a bit on setup.
    I get they can "sacrifice" Finland cause it's one rally ( a bit like Toyota "sacrifices" Mexico) but 3 tarmac rallies that's too much.
    Hyundai have been in WRC for many years now, they have the biggest budget together with Toyota and yet the car is this bad on tarmac. Im starting to think the guys on the top are doing a pretty shitty job.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The polo and c3 was obviously better for him. With those cars he was a top three driver. Now he is actually one of the slowest driver in WRC. He was really fast in Sardegna and portugal but Finland and now Germany has been a joke. He has to do something. Quick. At the moment im not sure i would rate him over Sordo and Paddon.
    When he was crawling through the stages last season in the c3 in Sardinia, he did a tv interview where he said he could walk into the i20 and be fast straight away as that car was more like the Polo (compared to the c3 which was totally different to drive). I think he's just having a bad year and isn't as fast or competitive as many thought he was. When he was over looked by Makinen it was made out like he was a nailed on future champion by some. He needs to step up because Neuville is winning this championship in the same car and Sordo is having a good season too.

14. Likes: EstWRC (17th August 2018),Mirek (17th August 2018),steve.mandzij (17th August 2018),tomhlord (17th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Yeah but he couldn't drive the c3 on gravel at all either. He's just not as good or as fast as people made him out to be I'm afraid to say. He was at vw for years in basically a one team championship, yet won 1 rally on pace alone? Spain was the biggest gift ever from Seb. Even his best result this season was overshadowed by getting beaten by Breen in his "home rally" and blown away by Neuville. Let's hope for his sake he can have a good end to the season and find some extra speed, and take that into next year.
    Nobody could drive C3 on gravel last year without crashing, just that Meeke managed to win one rally WITH crashing
    But yeah as said many times before compared to the 3 rallies in Hyundai last year this year is terrible.

Btw. Mikkelsen has led 3 rallies this year. Latvala has not led any rally for a single stage after fighting for the title mid-way last year... and this is in the same car. That's for me even bigger disappointment than Mikkelsen.

16. Likes: steve.mandzij (17th August 2018)