Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    IMHO Citroen is not so much clear failure as Skoda and Seat were in their days, Citroen has shown us glimpses of speed. But obviously their driver lineup is weakest at the moment. Lets see if Loeb can show us something and if he can post top times again, then this may convince Ogier to give it a try, as currently it doesnt seem that Ford is just quick enough for him to enable to Ogier fight back Tänak and Neuville.

Edit: due to lack of sleep or sheer stupidity i thought for a moment that Mikkelsen is driving Citroen. Deleted that foolishness...
    Last edited by Indreq; 19th August 2018 at 14:59.

2. Likes: Rally Power (19th August 2018),steve.mandzij (19th August 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Think this event has been beaten to death by now.

For rest of season each team has a rally where they stuggled last year and the unknown of turkey.

(Toyota struggled in GB. Hyundai in Spain and MSport in Australia.)

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    But GB should be dryer this year...although this year the climate has been pretty different. Didn`t they also make modifications that would prevent this mud-collecting?
    Hyundai promised changes for Spain, will see. If it`s stronger, then they should be fine.
    M-Sport had a so-so rally in Australia, with Tänak being up there all the time and titles secured previously in GB.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 19th August 2018 at 15:15.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    It was wrong to use word young. I just mean his level of experience. IMO Mikkelsen has already peaked concidering his experience. He did some good rallies with superior car when his team mate had championship in the pocket and other had no motivation left for the season. Mikkelsen just has no championship potential in my books.
    Tanak seemingly peaked in 2012 after which he got fired...
    Latvala seemed like a guy to fire at end of 2016 and fought for championship in 2017.

Mikkelsen is very much like Burns. Doesn't typically push the 1% extra to win stages but is in top 3 on all stages when he is fast. I am not sure if he has potential to win championship. But he is without question among the top 6 best drivers atm.

6. Likes: jparker (19th August 2018)
    Liked 1,445 Times in 828 Posts
    IMHO, Turkey could be the decider as the crews will tackle the event for the very first time so it will be a level playing field. Tanak will have a hard time catching the top two, although all he needs is for one of them to DNF. Hopefully Paddon can scrape some of his speed back & Breen will get some consistency, they have 4 weeks to prepare & I really hope that for both their sakes, their fortunes will improve.
    As for the three remaining rounds after that it's anyone's guess. Must say that this is one of the most interesting championships I've seen since Marcus Gronholm & Sébastien Loeb fought back in 2007, and to add a little spice, we have a really tight manufacturer title being chased by three teams.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: AnttiL (19th August 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    You can keep bashing Mikkelsen, but most of you know he has what it takes to be top contender. It's quite obvious that something is not working for him at the moment, but he had same decent events. Unfortunately tech issues spoiled the delivery of good results.
    The reality is Mikkelsen, while quick, has only ever won a single rally on pure pace (Aus 2016), inheriting his other wins. Almost every single time he's been in the lead, he's made mistakes. Regardless of his speed, he cracks under pressure from behind during rallies, every single time (re Germany 2017, and I think Australia 2017 too).

10. Likes: er88 (20th August 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    True, but he was driving a more powerful car than WRC2 cars. He was basically alone in his category, with no one to match his speed to. I mean, probably still the best private WRC drive this year, but not much competition in the field...
    His only real target before this rally was to enjoy driving and beat all WRC2 drivers. No other chances to go more up...

12. Likes: Jarek Z (19th August 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    After winning of Kopecky in Deutschland, his chances with Pontus to WRC2 title are equal. I hope that everything will goes according to previous plans and both drivers will fight each other in Turkey.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    With all bad talking about Mikk. He si currently lying 5th, That's better than Latvala, Evans and Breen (I exclude half seasoners). That's not bad at all.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    what the hell was going on here ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z6e_EXeq4Q

wtf...
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

16. Likes: Jarek Z (19th August 2018),the sniper (20th August 2018)