Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    What have you achieved...apart from being an "expert" in everything considering rally?
    plenty my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    He just finished 6th, adding some valuable Manu points. That's the power of finishing.
    I'm sure he and the team are delighted.

Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    b) Lappi is not really "young", or inversely Mikkelsen isn't "old". The difference is 1,5 years.
    It was wrong to use word young. I just mean his level of experience. IMO Mikkelsen has already peaked concidering his experience. He did some good rallies with superior car when his team mate had championship in the pocket and other had no motivation left for the season. Mikkelsen just has no championship potential in my books.

Sure he could be nice 3rd driver if Lappi or Latvala is leaving. I don't think they are because Rovanperä is not ready yet.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    My five seconds:
    - deep respect for Tanak, the guy is at the moment simply the fastest on this planet. Well deserved victory, but still with some bitterness, because he knows now that he is the master, he can win everywhere & anytime, but there are just four events to the end of this season and it is unfortunately not enough. Still, enjoy the champagne.....
    - Neuville; not a performance for the world champion 2018, but at the end, who cares.....second place with some luck is a top result, especially because he must now drive tactically. Which sometimes is not quite easy, but to push in the next events over 100% would be even bigger stupidity.
    - Lappi; average, mentally important result for him, as he did not have any drama.
    - Ogier; huge looser, he was here to win, at the end pure luck gave him P4. Five points from PS are just a wound patch...Constant complaining are caused by the knowledge, that he is no more Nb.1 driver in the world. Simple. The star has a name Ott. And this particular Ott can even take him second place in the world championship standing at the end of 2018. Remember this!
    - now I would also mention somebody, who gave a promisse at the beginning of this rally: Greibel. He expressed his wish to be in top10 and faster than WRC2 drivers. And he did it. Well done.
    - I did not expect from Ostberg to retire due to drivers error, anyway he was lost during event....
    - shame for Sordo, he is the master of Panzerplatte. But the retirement was his fault....
    - Mikkelsen, enough of humiliation from other forum members....

All in all nice event, sunday gave us real excitement, should be even more with some rain.

5. Likes: Augury (19th August 2018),cali (19th August 2018),eib1 (19th August 2018),EstWRC (19th August 2018),Jarek Z (19th August 2018),juhoman (26th August 2018),logic (19th August 2018),Rally Hokkaido (19th August 2018)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    You can keep bashing Mikkelsen, but most of you know he has what it takes to be top contender. It's quite obvious that something is not working for him at the moment, but he had same decent events. Unfortunately tech issues spoiled the delivery of good results.

7. Likes: logic (19th August 2018),skarderud (19th August 2018)
    You can keep bashing Mikkelsen, but most of you know he has what it takes to be top contender. It's quite obvious that something is not working for him at the moment, but he had same decent events. Unfortunately tech issues spoiled the delivery of good results.
    The fact is he will never be anything more than a 3rd driver.
    At the moment there are more seats than there are good drivers.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Citroen need a break from the WRC for a couple of years and come back when they got themeselves sorted. Really need a fresh start.
    Just need normal people to team management... not only fresh, just new.
    Cuz it's another great weekend for Citroen without Meeke. All Citroen problems was sorted out after Portugal, and 3 wins in a row for team.... actually not.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    - now I would also mention somebody, who gave a promisse at the beginning of this rally: Greibel. He expressed his wish to be in top10 and faster than WRC2 drivers. And he did it. Well done.
    True, but he was driving a more powerful car than WRC2 cars. He was basically alone in his category, with no one to match his speed to. I mean, probably still the best private WRC drive this year, but not much competition in the field...

Liked 37 Times in 20 Posts
    Toyota only 13 points behind Hyundai now in manufactures championship.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Yeah, let's not be that result oriented. He is a top driver and he has shown to be able to stay among the best.
    Unfortunately for him in this sport everything has to be at its place and clearly this is not his case at Hyundai.
    I also think that psychologically is not nice that a guy with whom you have shared most of your career, even if he is your friend, is going to realize your dream with the same car of yours.