Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Yes, its pretty ridiculous for people to say he's had a terrible 2018 when he has hardly been in the car. And don't forget that about half of his bad results in 2017 were from mechanical problems not driver.

I don't think Hyundai's treatment of Paddon and Sordo contracts will help them attracting other drivers if they are looking - drivers have seen that a 'full season contract' with Hyundai might mean you only get to drive half the season if they find someone else they want.
    Every team have their issues, no one is perfect. Hyundai have these driver rotating thing, Toyota is unreliable at the moment, M-Sport does everything only just for frenchie, others are there just to fill the spots, Citroen have bad reputation. So where will everyone go if all will look at these problems.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    In this case why did they left the diff with Corsica settings?
    "remain in same spec"
    Rallies are paired, you have to use same setup (diffs, gear-ratio etc.)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

3. Likes: AnttiL (21st August 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Diff settings are not a matter of turning a knob from "Corsica" to "Deutschland" or even from "tight" to "loose" or something. It requires changing parts, and that is not allowed.

5. Likes: dimviii (21st August 2018),pantealex (21st August 2018)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Diff settings are not a matter of turning a knob from "Corsica" to "Deutschland" or even from "tight" to "loose" or something. It requires changing parts, and that is not allowed.
    Ok, that's clear now, but why TN was more competitive the following day? Got used to the Corsica diff, or something else? Did they repaired the broken one (is it allowed?).Sorry, but all these rules are confusing.
    Last edited by jparker; 21st August 2018 at 15:32.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Didn`t they replace the gearbox on Friday, and so had to also change the diffs because of ratios, but put the gearbox back on Saturday with suitable diff. ratios once again.

Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    zeroundersteer video https://youtu.be/NzD6JfSVdEs
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: dimviii (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

WRC Bump and Jump

Highlight Video from all days, Enjoy it! >>> https://youtu.be/soGmTU5gNuk
    Last edited by GRID.Media; 22nd August 2018 at 22:29.

12. Likes: N.O.T (22nd August 2018),Rally Power (29th August 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Thierry, a second place behind Ott Tanak, 19 points, two better than Ogier, you're doing pretty well?

"Indeed, we had a difficult weekend, we struggled to find the right pace for a variety of reasons, we had a differential problem before Friday, and by the time the team checked it, we had to to give the one of Corsica that did not suit, I got a little misguided in my settings, maybe I also paid a little bit for my position of leader of the championship.I could not take all the risks, too cut the ropes But in the end, the result is quite satisfactory. "

At one point you ended up fifth. But you did not get angry, you did not force or commit any fault to go up.

"It's what's called managing a championship, I can not afford to be abandoned, so I stayed calm, I kept a smart approach, which was not the case with Sébastien. Ogier, frustrated at being behind his former team-mate Tanak, took big risks in Panzerplatte and hit a 250-kg rock in a rope, which resulted in his puncture, ultimately losing more than he could have won. "

How do you explain that suddenly you were able to sign the scratch Sunday morning?

"We did a good job on Saturday night, I put the same rear shock settings as Dani Sordo, softened and gave more confidence and traction when braking in the dirt."

You were hoping to score more than one point in the Power Stage?

"Yes, but I was too optimistic and I missed a crossroad at the start of the stage, I had to go into reverse, I lost a handful of seconds and some important units."

Next step, Turkey, a new rally where you will be handicapped by your position of opener ...

"That may be the case until the end of the year, we will try to manage that at best.There will be a lot of sweeping apparently, but on the other hand, it looks very brittle. which is pretty good for the Hyundai. "

23 points ahead, it starts counting.

"It's better to have them in advance, but we have seen this weekend as it can change quickly.If I give in Turkey and Ogier wins, I'll be 2nd in the championship. It will be necessary to continue to roll with his head until Australia to be champion.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/w...324d3f140a4d82

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Not sure if this was mentioned already, apparantly Tanak ran with 30/70 middle diff mapping. To be honest I find it hard to believe, such a big difference, car must be hard to control. What are the technical guys here on the forum thinking about this?
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...ak-so-schnell/
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

15. Likes: EstWRC (29th August 2018)