Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The worst kept secret in F1 is out. Red Bull are switching to Honda next year..

Yeah, maybe even threadworthy in itself?
    I might sound risky at first but when you think it through it really does make sense.

Huge pot of Honda money, full works collaboration with no clash of interests in the relationship, unlike staying with Renault who they are never going to be able to really compete at the very front with regardless whether the Honda partnership is a success or not. It really is the obvious choice IMO... and for BOTH parties.

The 2 year agreement coincides nicely with the new 2021 regs. They either stay with Honda if they prove to be a worthwhile improvement... or possibly walk away from F1 completely blaming Honda and start afresh in another discipline or sport that can provide at least the same exposure value to their 'Koolade' brand.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I hope they get an engine like those Honda made for McLaren. There's no team right not in F1 that deserves them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I hope they get an engine like those Honda made for McLaren. There's no team right not in F1 that deserves them more.
    Perhaps... but I suspect RB have a far better chance (than Mac ever did) of forming a working technical relationship by actually being on the same page.
    Mac were completely incompetent ...IF.... they actually believed.. that they had one of the best chassis on the grid.

Maybe Mac knew the truth all along.. and it was to keep Fernando there and out of their faces.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    that can provide at least the same exposure value to their 'Koolade' brand.
    I'm amazed they even feel the need to keep advertising, given how well known the brand is. I also find it astonishing just how many sports they're involved with, and to the extent that they are. Take World RX for example, they sponsor two teams in a big way, and at least 5 drivers wear their kit as a result. Then you peg in all the motorbikers they seem to sponsor and the big events (Flugtag, Soapbox, Crashed Ice, X-Fighters, Supernatural, Rampage, Hardline etc. etc.) and then they give away free products too. How are they selling so much sugary drink at £1 a can to make the kind of money to allow that investment? And that's without considering the two F1 teams
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I'm amazed they even feel the need to keep advertising, given how well known the brand is. I also find it astonishing just how many sports they're involved with, and to the extent that they are. Take World RX for example, they sponsor two teams in a big way, and at least 5 drivers wear their kit as a result. Then you peg in all the motorbikers they seem to sponsor and the big events (Flugtag, Soapbox, Crashed Ice, X-Fighters, Supernatural, Rampage, Hardline etc. etc.) and then they give away free products too. How are they selling so much sugary drink at £1 a can to make the kind of money to allow that investment? And that's without considering the two F1 teams
    Amazing what you can do with a bit of advertising and a drink that tastes like cough syrup. Absolutely horrible drink. I bought one drink once, long before RBR arrived in F1. Took two tastes and threw the rest in the bin. Never again.

Totally agree... It would be interesting to know how their books balance for their two F1 teams. Make money or run at a loss bar the advertising exposure they bring?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Tells you what the mark up is on that stuff. $$$$$
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Perhaps... but I suspect RB have a far better chance (than Mac ever did) of forming a working technical relationship by actually being on the same page.
    Mac were completely incompetent ...IF.... they actually believed.. that they had one of the best chassis on the grid.

Maybe Mac knew the truth all along.. and it was to keep Fernando there and out of their faces.
    I suspect that the (relatively) new management at Mac is more to blame. Certainly not the team it used to be.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Now Redbull have won three races with so many opportunities to win ahead. Surely they would win at least one more before the season is out.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    As it goes YES THEY CAN. They have won four races and were denied what looked like a definite fifth win at Interlagos by a crash between Verstapenn and Ocon. Now would you bet against them going for the 2019 title next season?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th November 2018 at 10:24.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare