Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Can Redbull win more than three races this year?

By the close of the 2017 season, Redbull was giving as good as it got winning three races last year. With aerodynamic maestro Adrian Newey back to the drawing board for the 2018 car, would you venture to say Redbull may win more than three races this season. Hamilton is surely looking at them with wary eyes. I am sure Ferrari are very nervous of Redbull but quietly confident they have a better engine than the Renault block.

I think Redbull would win some races on pure merit rather than snapping up wins due to Merc or Ferrari dropping the ball. And these two teams are sure to have one or two bad weekends this season. Hence, Redbull could shape the championship outcome this season. But that would depend on whether they can win more than three races. What do you think?
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I think it will be tougher for them this year. Power remains their likely weak area but in the wet they should be very competitive... it's a great levelled. If it is wet this weekend I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Max ended up the top podium step.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I'm with Zico on this one. I would be very surprised if they managed to improve on their 2018 win tally. I don't expect Merc and Ferrari to be dropping the ball that many times, although it remains to be seen how competitive this Ferrari is. I would imagine the red cars should be better than the RBR, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm with Zico on this one. I would be very surprised if they managed to improve on their 2018 win tally. I don't expect Merc and Ferrari to be dropping the ball that many times, although it remains to be seen how competitive this Ferrari is. I would imagine the red cars should be better than the RBR, but who knows...
    As it goes, it turned out to be very close between Ferrari and Redbull. The race pace of the Merc is within reach of both Ferrari and Redbull it appears. At least the Ferrari and l am sure the Redbull can stay with the Merc. Close enough to spring a surprise win it appears. If Melbourne is anything to go by.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Yes, if they figure out how to overtake Haas-Ferrari.

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    They look nothing like a race winner. I would be surprised if they are constantly on the podium.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    They look nothing like a race winner. I would be surprised if they are constantly on the podium.
    The strength of the Redbull will become apparent when we get to one of the tracks with lots of twists and turns. Melbourne was difficult for everyone. Even Bottas found it difficult to pass the Renault of Hulkenburg.
    William Shakespeare

Well the bull stood tall today and chalked up their first win of 2018. Seeing how strong their race pace was in China, l think they can win more than three races this season.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    I don't know, they don't look like a consistent challenger. If Max is going to continue to get into accidents, regardless of fault, it is going to take more of these overtaking moves that actually come off for them to win more races. Sure, they may have better luck at the tracks that suit them but you can say that for Mercedes and Ferrari too. The trick is to find that winning form where it doesn't suit them.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    The worst kept secret in F1 is out. Red Bull are switching to Honda next year..