Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 376 Times in 209 Posts
    Thats how Group B cars should be, being thrashed round a track rather than stuck in a museum appreciating in $£!

Liked 142 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Thats how Group B cars should be, being thrashed round a track rather than stuck in a museum appreciating in $£!
    Oh yeah! I appreciate that some of them are very difficult to maintain, but it's brilliant to see them being driven properly. I can't imagine many people extracting more from the Doran RS200, he was absolutely committed everywhere.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Godfrey won round 3 and then another win for Tohill at Pembery in round 4 with Roger Thomas getting 3rd in the new Fiesta after O'Donovan got a penalty for exceeding track limits.
    Last edited by Sal the 2nd; 24th June 2019 at 10:22.

Shame to see O'Donovan walking away from this years championship due to perceived inconsistencies in penalties. The series needs as many supercars as it can get at the moment.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    O Donovan has been a financial backer to the series for years now, I see his point but in his release trying to compare the rules in WRX to this championship is a bit sour grapes, they are poles apart.

I imagine he will stick around, his kid is out there, so will no doubt be in a Supercar as soon as possible
    The mighty Imps will rule the world
    http://bikeracenews.com

Well it wasn't a classic, but there was some decent racing during the day, particularly from the Juniors (who have been really entertaining all season). I don't know if it has been resolved yet, but I see their results were shown as provisional last time I looked.

Shame not to see Ollie in the Supercars, as the title was still within reach. Think the heat took its toll on the cars (definitely did on me!), as there were a few retirements in the afternoon.

As ever, took a few snaps...

...with a few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57710685117812

For those who are interested!
    Last edited by tbtstt; 4th September 2019 at 10:07.

Not overly impressed that its looking like the upcoming rounds of the championship will be the last at Croft certainly for the foreseeable future. Not sure whats going on. Maybe something to do with the circuit thinking they can make more money running another track day due to their limited noise allowance or the championship not delivering on the commercial front. Either way hope this gets resolved positively.

Very poor entry for Croft and no 4WD Retro cars so sadly going to be giving the event a miss which bearing in mind the weather forecast for these parts this weekend may not be a bad thing!

Hope whatever is as play with the British Championship gets resolved as its a bit embarrassing to see the home of the sport struggle.

Victory for Derek Tohill in the final round yesterday, but another Championship for Godfrey. Heard some mixed stories about Julian over the years, but can't deny that he has done well to keep that Fiesta at the head of the field. Yes, there wasn't as much competition this year as previous seasons, but Tohill is using (what I am led to believe) is a well sorted car and Godfrey wasn't that far off matching the pace of Munnich at the Titans round earlier this year.

Lydden Hill confirmed to run the 2020 Championship, so I hope we see some changes made for the next season.

Also, not the British Championship, but Winter rallycross advertised as making a return to Lydden before the end of the year...

...though they did promise something last year and had to cancel it due to lack of entries. Hopefully it goes ahead this year.