Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 220
  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    282
    Like
    25
    Liked 234 Times in 106 Posts
    ERC is in interesting shape currently, Lukyanuk is clear star who could be contender for WRC2 wins in almost every event but he is Lukyanuk and we all know how he is.
    Then we have Gryazin who is fast somewhere and not so fast in others and is still very unstable - kinda like Lukyanuk.
    Ingram could have potential but he has 0 to none 4wd experience so it's not easy to push against people he needs to beat to really prove himself against + also his funding seems to be on thin ice and one wreck could end his season, also missing Canarias due to illness is not helping.
    And for people who Jarek Z mentioned, Brynilden hasn't atleast to my knowledge proven anything in international level so far, he is been fast in Norway and in sweden but that's pretty much it.
    I have nothing to say about Loubet and Suarez, have they actually won anything or shown any speed?

    When Kajto decided not to do ERC this year the whole series lost a great benchmark, he wasn't as fast as Luky but he was consistent.
    Losing to Kajto speedwise ment you really need to build up your speed but beating him you could be up for something bigger.
    Sadly ERC is currently just Luky vs the rest.

  2. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
  3. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,149
    Like
    684
    Liked 1,075 Times in 579 Posts
    I have the feeling that Luky has learnt to drive sensible this year and isn’t being pushed too hard so far. Gryazin might give him a run for his money on gravel though (remember he beat Rovanpera on Liepaja last year)

    Ingram showed real potential on Azores but it’s probably one year early to push for wins.

    Biggest disappointment for me is that Griebel couldn’t put together a proper programme in a decent car, he did a great job last year.

  4. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
  5. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    282
    Like
    25
    Liked 234 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I have the feeling that Luky has learnt to drive sensible this year and isn’t being pushed too hard so far. Gryazin might give him a run for his money on gravel though (remember he beat Rovanpera on Liepaja last year)

    Ingram showed real potential on Azores but it’s probably one year early to push for wins.

    Biggest disappointment for me is that Griebel couldn’t put together a proper programme in a decent car, he did a great job last year.
    He did beat Kalle but that was Kalle's first rally in Fiesta with little (50km's or so) testing. But he also gave him run for his money during Latvia's national season when they were both driving Fabias.
    And yeah Ucci seems to be the only one making 206 working for them and Griebel seems to be struggling with it a lot.

  6. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
  7. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,149
    Like
    684
    Liked 1,075 Times in 579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    He did beat Kalle but that was Kalle's first rally in Fiesta with little (50km's or so) testing. But he also gave him run for his money during Latvia's national season when they were both driving Fabias.
    And yeah Ucci seems to be the only one making 206 working for them and Griebel seems to be struggling with it a lot.
    Has Griebel done any DRM rounds with it yet?

    Support of a national supporter might seem attractive but if he’s really serious about a career in rallying then I doubt the German Championship is the place to be, let alone it seems that as part of the deal he had to use 208 in ERC, which didn’t go too well on Azores.

  8. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
  9. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    282
    Like
    25
    Liked 234 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Has Griebel done any DRM rounds with it yet?

    Support of a national supporter might seem attractive but if he’s really serious about a career in rallying then I doubt the German Championship is the place to be, let alone it seems that as part of the deal he had to use 208 in ERC, which didn’t go too well on Azores.
    Ewrc shows 1 drm race before the azores for him, retired due to "engine", 206 seems to be struggle for most of the drivers.

  10. #146
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    5,983
    Like
    1,449
    Liked 1,335 Times in 689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    I have nothing to say about Loubet and Suarez, have they actually won anything or shown any speed?
    Suarez won Peugeot 208 Trophy in France a few years ago and that opened the door to WRC and ERC for him. As far as I know he didn't win anything important in those championships despite being backed by Peugeot.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  11. #147
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    5,983
    Like
    1,449
    Liked 1,335 Times in 689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Has Griebel done any DRM rounds with it yet?
    Yes, he has. Unfortunately his Pug broke down already before the first stage!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  12. #148
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,453
    Like
    1,905
    Liked 4,312 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I have the feeling that Luky has learnt to drive sensible this year and isn’t being pushed too hard so far. Gryazin might give him a run for his money on gravel though (remember he beat Rovanpera on Liepaja last year)

    Ingram showed real potential on Azores but it’s probably one year early to push for wins.

    Biggest disappointment for me is that Griebel couldn’t put together a proper programme in a decent car, he did a great job last year.
    You're right about the loss of Griebel this season... and the year before we lost an ever better young talent, Ralfs Sirmacis.

    It's such a shame such guys cant get the funding. The ERC could be so much better and the competition for Lukyanuk would be real.

  13. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,149
    Like
    684
    Liked 1,075 Times in 579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You're right about the loss of Griebel this season... and the year before we lost an ever better young talent, Ralfs Sirmacis.

    It's such a shame such guys cant get the funding. The ERC could be so much better and the competition for Lukyanuk would be real.
    The stupid thing with Griebel is that he does have some funding - enough to buy him a drive in a 2016 WRCar on a WRC round. I guess that would have been enough to buy him three or four ERC events in a Fabia.

  14. #150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,437
    Like
    296
    Liked 498 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Has Griebel done any DRM rounds with it yet?

    Support of a national supporter might seem attractive but if he’s really serious about a career in rallying then I doubt the German Championship is the place to be, let alone it seems that as part of the deal he had to use 208 in ERC, which didn’t go too well on Azores.
    This weekend he's doing Sulingen.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •