Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Is the event planned to be near Nairobi or where? If it goes ahead I must say I would be really interested to go there, though it would require lots of planning coming from other side of the planet. And to be honest I am not sure if I would dare to drive myself.
    Don't drive and stay indoors when it's dark. Chances of getting mugged are about 70 percent. If it's during election time I would stay at home and watch on All Live.

2. Likes: cali (11th July 2019),EstWRC (10th July 2019),pantealex (10th July 2019),Rally Hokkaido (10th July 2019)
    Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Ok, is the situation that bad in Kenya? I have dreamt of a trip there, but ofcourse do not want to risk it.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    It's easier to host an event in Africa than to find a championship-level driver from Argentina, Kenya or Japan.
    Well there are more wrc rally's than wrc seats, so that's no suprise.

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Ok, is the situation that bad in Kenya? I have dreamt of a trip there, but ofcourse do not want to risk it.
    Do it! Remember what racerx1979 has written, then you should be totally fine.

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    “But the new standards of rallying must be respected. What was possible back then when events ran on open roads is not possible these days with the population. Rallies must now be organized on closed roads, “Todt said.
    Would that this man could simply buy his seat at the head of the UN and just go away. Every minute he's president of the FIA is another minute spent heading in the wrong direction. He and Mosley before him are the undertakers of motorsport.

Shameful that he was once a co-driver.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Umm yeah. Every single one of my family members carries a gun in the glove compartment of their car. And nearly everyone who has attempted to walk at night has had their phones or wallets taken It's unsafe.

If you know who Henry Rollins is then listen to his podcast with Joe Rogan. He's been to over a 100 countries and the most unsafe for him was Nairobi at night. He even mentions being warned by locals to stay in.

Don't think you're going to some country where you can stroll with your backpack and high five people while eating street food. Be safe and enjoy the rally. Drive carefully if you decide to drive and stay in at night or go out to safe areas (malls etc).

The wildlife in Kenya is a dream and I suggest everyone go to safari in Kenya. Masai Mara is amazing!

I've been to Kenya at least 12 times in the last 5 years and nothing has happened. We had a small situation when trying to enter an apartment. A car literally tried to trap us, but when the individual came out of his car, my cousin backed up and drove away quickly. I was shocked, but my cousin then told me to always leave enough space between the car and the gate to make a quick getaway in case someone tries to trap you... yeah not so safe.

8. Likes: cali (11th July 2019),Rally Hokkaido (11th July 2019)
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Is the event planned to be near Nairobi or where? If it goes ahead I must say I would be really interested to go there, though it would require lots of planning coming from other side of the planet. And to be honest I am not sure if I would dare to drive myself.
    You will find it the easiest of all. Love for rally is here i. Africa as well. Let us enjoy the WRC events as well. The people who are negative forget that there sre a lot of us in this part of the world that love rally and would like to see one in real. Rally is the sport where there is love among the fans. Let us join the world to enjoy this spectacular sport.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

10. Likes: Berke (11th July 2019),tommeke_B (11th July 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Would that this man could simply buy his seat at the head of the UN and just go away. Every minute he's president of the FIA is another minute spent heading in the wrong direction. He and Mosley before him are the undertakers of motorsport.

Shameful that he was once a co-driver.
    Huh? What's wrong with demanding closed roads for rallying?

12. Likes: pantealex (11th July 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Apparently there's security concerns over the rally. Not spectator safety issues, but threats of Somali terrorist groups. The rally organizers of course ensure everything will be OK.

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/s...turn-concerns/

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Coming from a media perspective. If I'm threatened for my equipment I'd just happily hand it over. Insurance is key. Though if i'm kidnapped then that's a different story. No thanks
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"