Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
look at the difference between Tänak vs Paddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ncOWqfUVs

Tänak has quite a "straight" or nosy? style nowadays IMO, he used to be one of the flamboyant and agressive ones back in the day but not anymore...and i think thats also why he is so consistent now and doesnt have incidents. And this is not based alone on the video above.

Correct me if i am wrong, im not an expert at all at this.
I'm not expert either so I may be wrong as well, but I think what Tanak improved the most is not that he became "nosy" but that he has now more control over the car. I remember his onboards before dmack, he went like a crazy man in the corner and made more adjustment to the trajectory. Now he put the car in the corner controlling the car from the very beginning of the corner preserving the same speed but in a more safe way. I don't see him less sideways than before. Also he has much more confidence than before and that helps.

In general I think we should not stick into the "nosy"/"rear" rethoric in this thread. Things are more complex than that IMHO.
Ogier has a very different style than Loeb even if we can put both of them in the nosy category. I think there are differences that goes beyond putting the car sideways on corners.