Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    This could be pretty wicked - as an add-on, regroup after the first pass, then send them back along the stage in the opposite direction, points for fastest aggregate time

e.g. two stage mini rally on the Sunday
    This was applied in the past and it actually worked very well in IRC. It was called a Golden Stage. It was held only once per year and it was also avarded with quite a lot of money.

Here's Neuville's epic drive through it in 2011 (crazy moment @ 1:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3dj13W7dSk
    Last edited by Mirek; 18th June 2019 at 20:37.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: AndyRAC (19th June 2019)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    I don't know if it's currently possible within the rules, but I think that there should always be a Tyre Fitting Zone just for Priority 1 entrants prior to the Power Stage.

4. Likes: dnb (19th June 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    PS is the only thing that makes Sundays not boring, most of the time. On other hand it makes the other stages even more boring when drivers save tyres for it. The whole Sunday stages have to be rethink into something else. Now I sound like Capito.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

How about after Saturday drivers get 2/3 of the points, on Sunday 1/3 of them? Or 3/4 vs 1/4? Pros and Cons?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 18th June 2019 at 21:57.

Liked 159 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I don't know if it's currently possible within the rules, but I think that there should always be a Tyre Fitting Zone just for Priority 1 entrants prior to the Power Stage.
    I think the guiding principle of rally organisation should be: people come to see the drivers drive, and drive fast.

So, there should be a tyre zone before the PS. There should be a short service at the end of every loop, and a chance for retired drivers to enter restart rules in the afternoon. There should be a rally 2 on the last day of the Monte, and if their park isn't big enough for more than 60 cars then find another one. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    I think the guiding principle of rally organisation should be: people come to see the drivers drive, and drive fast.

So, there should be a tyre zone before the PS. There should be a short service at the end of every loop, and a chance for retired drivers to enter restart rules in the afternoon. There should be a rally 2 on the last day of the Monte, and if their park isn't big enough for more than 60 cars then find another one. And so on.
    With or without tyre fitting zone before PS, some drivers still won't go flat out (rally 2) at the previous stages. Besides there should be still tyres left to fit?!?

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    This was applied in the past and it actually worked very well in IRC. It was called a Golden Stage. It was held only once per year and it was also avarded with quite a lot of money.

Here's Neuville's epic drive through it in 2011 (crazy moment @ 1:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3dj13W7dSk
    I remember watching it live. Neuville was on an absolute push...

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    When will we know if FIA will do adjustments or ditch the powerstage for 2020?

There are so few WRCars now, so even if you habe issues on day 1, as Ogier did in spain, you will get 1 point in 10th, and could get 5 for PS. 6 points is too much for that.

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Well I don't see the problem with Power Stage, I haven't complained about it once and it is almost allways exciting. Do feel like it made the rally worse in some way? Because it seems to be really great rally with really close fights this year and previous year.

12. Likes: AnttiL (28th October 2019),Rally Power (27th October 2019)
    Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    its pseudo issue , powerstages from last two rallies have been brilliant. Why change something that is working just fine?

14. Likes: AnttiL (28th October 2019)