Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Never had a criticial word from Eddie about Ogier in the last 2 years so no surprise here.

Ford has every right to swap positions of drivers and do whatever they want as long as it is not against rules.

I think its also fair to criticize them in these cases for non fair play. In the end it wont change anything.

The sad part about it is, just like with Ogier shenanigans in Sweden PS. Once they do it so blatantly, Hyundai and Toyoto wont have any other choice but to do the same when they are in a similar position to have an equal chance.

But hey, as long as it is in the rules. I will still continue being critical of non sportsmanship actions.
    How long have you been watching rallying out of interest? I can't see anything new that M-Sport have done this weekend?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: WRC1 (29th July 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    How long have you been watching rallying out of interest? I can't see anything new that M-Sport have done this weekend?
    First time I see a team having to slow down both 2nd and 3rd driver for a 5-time world champion.

I am quite sure this is first time that has ever happened.

4. Likes: Simmi (29th July 2018)
    Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You don't get it. It's not that they let him past in overall standings, every team would do that at this point.

It's the ridiculousnes of letting Evans drop for 5th instead of 6th on the road and now get Suninen penalty before PS so Ogier drives 7th instead of 8th. What's the real gain? 0.1s?

That's completely new level of "doing everything for lead driver". Certainly setting new levels of how far you could go.
    It must be worth it or they wouldn't do it. Even if it just gives a psychological boost.

It's a professional sport and a team can do what it likes to maximise its results.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    you criticize his idol
    You know nothing about me, don't make what I'm not.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts
    When did Organisers start sending leading WRC2 crew first for PS?
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    They do that on almost every rally. Sometimes even send 2 if there are not enough cars.

9. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (29th July 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    I have respect for both, I just dont respect these actions.
    Yeah? My respect goes for them not hiding behind stupid excuses masquerading the circus. How about You?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    So you agree it is a circus, but respect them for not masquerading it. Fair enough, I can get behind that.

Although I found it hilarious when they asked Ogier about the incident with Evans and he just completely avoided answering that after one stage.

Liked 801 Times in 417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    a very long time ago

Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    Hahahahaha, it's so funny to read these comments about team orders and sportsmanship.

1. It was clear MSport was building a team to fully support Ogier this year. Tanak saw that and smartly left. It's not surprising considering Ogier is the only world champion competing full time at the moment and MSport with their limited budget are trying to maximise their chances.
    2. Evans giving a position is a marginal gain but then again if you can do it and helpt just a bit you will do it. Evans hasn't shown anything special this year it's not like he was unfairly robbed of some big result while in the title fight...
    3. Suninen didn't have much to fight for and is not competing full time this year, again it makes sense to give Ogier a small advantage if possible, 5th or 6th makes little difference for Suninen but a couple of points could decide a title. MSport has learnt this lesson the hard way several times.

Ogier was underperforming all weekend, part due to road position, part due to new parts on the car not working so well and most likely part due to himself. BUT Ogier still has almost double the points of Suninen and Evans combined and 3 wins this year and is the only chance for MSport to win the driver title. It's especially at this time that the team should do all it can to limit damages and help get as much as possible from a bad weekend.

At least that's what happens in the adult world, in kindergarten-WRC Ogier is a crybaby and MSport are being unsporting for making poor Evans and Suninen give up a position each.

14. Likes: Augury (29th July 2018),Mirek (29th July 2018),Simmi (29th July 2018),spiderem (30th July 2018),stefanvv (29th July 2018)