Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post

But we all know there's no such thing as climate change....
    there isn't

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    The severe weather situation puts me out of visiting Rally Finland this year. Me and my son have had the plans as usual since late March, but took decision yesterday evening to cancel our trip.

More important is to be close home regarding safety for rest of family staying home.

Very sad to miss the WRC event of the year. Last time I missed it was back in 2005. So twelve year in a row now broke.

I wish you all personal friends, rallyfans, average Joes spectators a fantastic rally. Be sure we will follow every minute and second on all stages. That´ll be on WRC+.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (23rd July 2018),AnttiL (23rd July 2018),dimviii (23rd July 2018),famjo70 (23rd July 2018),Lead (23rd July 2018),MTA (23rd July 2018),N.O.T (23rd July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018),satnav (23rd July 2018),SubaruNorway (23rd July 2018),the sniper (24th July 2018),timlord22 (24th July 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    The severe weather situation puts me out of visiting Rally Finland this year. Me and my son have had the plans as usual since late March, but took decision yesterday evening to cancel our trip.

More important is to be close home regarding safety for rest of family staying home.

Very sad to miss the WRC event of the year. Last time I missed it was back in 2005. So twelve year in a row now broke.

I wish you all personal friends, rallyfans, average Joes spectators a fantastic rally. Be sure we will follow every minute and second on all stages. That´ll be on WRC+.
    On the positive side you are going to be trapped in this forum with me and my intellectually superior comments during the rally.... Isn't life great ???

5. Likes: cali (25th July 2018),dupanton (25th July 2018),EstWRC (23rd July 2018),irish_tiger (26th July 2018),kure91 (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018),Rallyper (23rd July 2018)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    On the positive side you are going to be trapped in this forum with me and my intellectually superior comments during the rally.... Isn't life great ???
    Yes, N.O.T. that will be the upside. And I´m serious about it.

Only wait and see the intellectual sides of us when we see the outcome of the rally...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Result thoughts:

There are 4 clear candidates for the win here, 3 Toyotas and Ogier.

For Toyota anything but a win and 2 cars on podium should be considered a failure, given their drivers, their unlimited testing on same stages, performance last year here and so far this year. But things can happen, Citroen was also big favorite in Corsica this year and not a single car on podium, same with Hyundai in Germany last year or Toyota in Sweden this year.

Ford had the speed relative to Toyotas last year and both Evans and Sunninen did their best as well, so should be able to fight in top. Not quite sure about Ogier approach, he might settle for 3rd or so after Friday if Neuville struggles.

I actually rank Citroen above Hyundai here, both Breen and Østberg have done very good here in the past so 5-6th for one of them should be easy. For Østberg it depends if he can stay out of trouble.

Don't think Hyundai suddenly made the car work in Finland, doesn't look they did so much testing for it either. Neuville would try some damage control in some 6th place. Mikkelsen no idea, he has always struggled in Finland and seems to struggle with Hyundai in fast stages. Paddon is anyone's guess as well, given his last have year it's most likely crash when fighting in top or safe drive for 5-7th.

8. Likes: AnttiL (24th July 2018),famjo70 (24th July 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Agreed, but I wouldn’t put so much pressure or expectations on Toyota, Fords and Breen will be quick as well. Neuville will have a big struggle first on the road, seems like dry roads for Friday.

10. Likes: famjo70 (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    Lappi and Latvala are clear favourites IMO. Especially Latvala with his excellent starting position, and like AnttiL has said and Hirvonen says in Urheilulehti that he has been testing on some of the stages past years. Suninen should also be very fast given his result and speed last year.

Ogier hasnt had the best result the past two years and we know Hyundai doesnt like those roads and Neuville starts first. i dont even know what to expect from those two.

I also agree that Breen should be good, got his first podium here and he really likes this event and has a great starting position.

Tänak has had great speed on this event but his best finish so far is only 5th. Every year (except 2012) he has made some small stupid mistakes that have ruined his rally already on Friday. For example last year when he went little wide in the first corner of Jukojärvi stage and had a puncture.

We are leaving tomorrow morning and i really hope this year we can come back with a good result
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: AnttiL (24th July 2018)
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    There is a app released called Neste Rally Finland App 2018 (both Android and Iphone) that contains all information as well as maps. Access roads marked if not allowed to enter.

14. Likes: AnttiL (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I think that Lappi will be dangerous. Good confidence from last years win and it will be interesting to see how he tackles to be "favorite"! Latvala and Tänak will also be dangerous!

The Hyundai's I am not sure about? Starting position for Thierry looks difficult. And if Andreas and Haydon can keep out of trouble they might be in the top. But often they do some mistakes.

Ford's I think Sunninen has the best chances. He did well last year and should have good confidence and more experience this year. Also remember that there is less pressure on him. Ogier seems not to do well in Finland?

I think Breen can be on the podium, would be great for him and Citroen since they need some good results after all turbulence! Östberg seems to be candidate for pos 4-6?

It looks interesting and lets hope that it will be an open fight until the last meters of the power stage!!!

We are driving to Stockholm in a few hours to spend the night there and take the ferry tomorrow morning!

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Result thoughts:

There are 4 clear candidates for the win here, 3 Toyotas and Ogier.

For Toyota anything but a win and 2 cars on podium should be considered a failure, given their drivers, their unlimited testing on same stages, performance last year here and so far this year. But things can happen, Citroen was also big favorite in Corsica this year and not a single car on podium, same with Hyundai in Germany last year or Toyota in Sweden this year.

Ford had the speed relative to Toyotas last year and both Evans and Sunninen did their best as well, so should be able to fight in top. Not quite sure about Ogier approach, he might settle for 3rd or so after Friday if Neuville struggles.

I actually rank Citroen above Hyundai here, both Breen and Østberg have done very good here in the past so 5-6th for one of them should be easy. For Østberg it depends if he can stay out of trouble.

Don't think Hyundai suddenly made the car work in Finland, doesn't look they did so much testing for it either. Neuville would try some damage control in some 6th place. Mikkelsen no idea, he has always struggled in Finland and seems to struggle with Hyundai in fast stages. Paddon is anyone's guess as well, given his last have year it's most likely crash when fighting in top or safe drive for 5-7th.
    I would partly agree with you, however minor corrections arised to me: Toyota (Lappi & JML) are still favourits, but this season's results are not so brilliant (except one victory and two second places, all achived by Tanak, who doesn't count as a distinctive favorite on this event), so other drivers have wider opend doors for a possible victory.
    Ogier is defenitely one of them, but in the case that Neuville will not bew able to challenge him due to speed or technical troubles, he can very soon settle ''just'' for a podium place. If Ogier makes same stupidity as last year, championship dreams Nb.6 are over. So, still not an easy event for him.
    Suninen can chllenge for some stage wins, but to bring Fiesta with this speed to the finish line-mission impossible. Same goes for Evans.
    Breen & Ostberg: C3 is the most fragile car, I simply do not see them as a winner contender.
    Neuville: I do not know, what to predict for him...last year performance was disgraceful. I hope (although I'm Ogier's fan) that he is going to finish in top3. But first day (sweeping) is going to cost him precious time....
    Paddon-if he finishes under top5, he can be happy.