Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Just go to the following junction, you’ll see the whole straight plus a spectacular hairpin
    Won't it be absolutely packed?

We're trying to avoid really busy places too (hence my question about if you can walk down the road a bit). It's just better in our opinion with less people there. A reason I avoid Harju stage.

On that point, I saw your great post a few days ago about best places to go on stages on Friday.. You seem experienced about the stages and places for spectators.. can I ask where you think are (or could be) good but also quiet? The fewer people there the better. We can walk if we have to!

We found this place in 2016 on Horkka stage and it was really great
    Last edited by eewrqt; 24th July 2018 at 16:02.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I don't want to start recommending unofficial places. They could be private property or otherwise forbidden.

Actually on topic, here's fresh pictures from Oittila

https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/s...73178127958017

The two first pictures are from the small road (the first 8 km), before the straight on the third picture. I would go for that small road to see something special.

But that third picture place from the straight and the junction seems great. I don't think it will be "absolutely packed" as it's Friday and the stage is run only once and it's not even the most easy junction to access (it requires a bit of walking).

But I'm quite sure if you start walking down that field on the straight, the marshals are going to get you. They don't want to be responsible for your actions near the cars, with official spectator zones so nearby.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 24th July 2018 at 16:52.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't want to start recommending unofficial places. They could be private property or otherwise forbidden.

Actually on topic, here's fresh pictures from Oittila

Thanks, I just had a look and think I've spotted a great place just out of shot on this pic. Will definitely check it out and not bother with the straight.

I didn't necessarily mean 'unofficial' places, just places where there aren't usually so many people for whatever reason

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eewrqt View Post
    Thanks, I just had a look and think I've spotted a great place just out of shot on this pic. Will definitely check it out and not bother with the straight.

I didn't necessarily mean 'unofficial' places, just places where there aren't usually so many people for whatever reason
    Just finished all Day 2 stages, + Oittila, extremely loose, and Oittila, unusually rough (some places) and loose. I must say that with new sections in stages, day 2 caharcetristics are 95% similar to Rally Estonia. Drove also those stages, and here I had very similar feeling.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

5. Likes: AnttiL (24th July 2018),dimviii (24th July 2018),EstWRC (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Oittila, extremely loose, and Oittila, unusually rough (some places) and loose..
    Second sounds like Oittila, first is Moksi?

I'm listening to this two hour special on Finnish radio. They talk about dust being a big issue this year and also the roads could wear more because it has been so dry. Some roads wear more with wet conditions, some more with dry.

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (24th July 2018),the sniper (24th July 2018)
    Second sounds like Oittila, first is Moksi?
    Kakaristo and Oittila, both very loose, some sections of Pihlajankoski and Päjällä also. And yes, some places my car was hitting the bottom already in Oittila, some sections in this stage were already softer than Rally Estonia stages after second pass, steep uphills in Oittila are quite bad for normal car

I do not think dust is so big issue. Compared to South European rallies, I was able to see everything from my mirrors

10. Likes: AnttiL (24th July 2018),dimviii (24th July 2018),EstWRC (24th July 2018),pantealex (25th July 2018)
    Yeah, more of an issue for spectators than competitors. More than usually, probably less than South European rallies

Yeah, more of an issue for spectators than competitors. More than usually, probably less than South European rallies
    Any Forum members in Service or near Hotel Alba?

Double junction at Ässämäki. A nice place to spectate as well.

14. Likes: pantealex (25th July 2018)