Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    You still haven't given us any sensible reason why Tanak should be singled out for such punishment instead of another driver.

You talk about the beginning of more consistent and clearer penalties and yet you want to pick one driver seemingly at random to make an example of with extreme punishment?
    I think we've had enough of this thread already.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (8th February 2018),AnttiL (8th February 2018),pantealex (8th February 2018),the sniper (8th February 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Update regarding FIA's involvement in the case. Jean Todt's chief of staff Mr. Malenfer has informed me that the Tänak incident has been now reported to the Stewards. So the FIA is having a look into the issue at least and haven't turned the blind eye, which is good. We'll see where the case goes from here.

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (8th February 2018)
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    So we should start filing complaints about Ogier using phone and sliding, Mikkelsen sliding. And search for videos about other drivers too and after every rally, so we find out who won after half a year, when all complaints are looked over?

https://youtu.be/UT8pg0xEQ4I?t=44 Ogier shoul be banned from 2017 championship.
    https://youtu.be/UT8pg0xEQ4I?t=122 Thierry to

https://youtu.be/5O-INzThaZ0?t=23 Ogier again in MC2018
    https://youtu.be/5O-INzThaZ0?t=28 Mikkelsen in MC2018

As long as you don't report other drivers doing same thing your'e a butt-hurt finn trying to get Tänak out from this years championship because Latvala is getting his ass whipped by Tänak.
    If you want fair game, then all those known misdoings should be reported by you, bus as long as you haven't done that, everyone sees that you are only trying to get Tänak.
    You have said, that its not about Tännak and you being finn and you would report others to, but after you get proof that others do the same things you don't report them.

6. Likes: pantealex (8th February 2018),steve.mandzij (8th February 2018)
    Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    Update regarding FIA's involvement in the case. Jean Todt's chief of staff Mr. Malenfer has informed me that the Tänak incident has been now reported to the Stewards. So the FIA is having a look into the issue at least and haven't turned the blind eye, which is good. We'll see where the case goes from here.
    Does that mean you have reported this incident to FIA? ? If so you should be banned from this forum imho, this forum is made for rally fans i believe.

Btw, have you ever driven a 4wd +300 HP car with studded tires on fresh snow? Quite impossible to not go sideways...

8. Likes: bandit12 (8th February 2018),cali (27th December 2019),dimviii (8th February 2018),jliivak (13th February 2018),Kaps (8th February 2018),steve.mandzij (8th February 2018),WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Does that mean you have reported this incident to FIA? ? If so you should be banned from this forum imho, this forum is made for rally fans i believe.

Btw, have you ever driven a 4wd +300 HP car with studded tires on fresh snow? Quite impossible to not go sideways...
    Indeed!

10. Likes: WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMK View Post
    So we should start filing complaints about Ogier using phone and sliding, Mikkelsen sliding. And search for videos about other drivers too and after every rally, so we find out who won after half a year, when all complaints are looked over?

https://youtu.be/UT8pg0xEQ4I?t=44 Ogier shoul be banned from 2017 championship.
    https://youtu.be/UT8pg0xEQ4I?t=122 Thierry to

https://youtu.be/5O-INzThaZ0?t=23 Ogier again in MC2018
    https://youtu.be/5O-INzThaZ0?t=28 Mikkelsen in MC2018

As long as you don't report other drivers doing same thing your'e a butt-hurt finn trying to get Tänak out from this years championship because Latvala is getting his ass whipped by Tänak.
    If you want fair game, then all those known misdoings should be reported by you, bus as long as you haven't done that, everyone sees that you are only trying to get Tänak.
    You have said, that its not about Tännak and you being finn and you would report others to, but after you get proof that others do the same things you don't report them.
    Yes, you must act like a real rallye fan and twitter hero.

12. Likes: WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Does that mean you have reported this incident to FIA?
    Yes.

Regarding the other comments, I won't go anymore into the issue of comparing different incidents with the Tänak case and whatnot. That one I have explained in depth already and you will find everything I have to say about that within the confines of this thread.

But regarding the nationality thing, if I cared so much about that, then why on earth would I make such a song and dance about an Estonian driver, driving for an essentially Finnish WRC team. Toyota's WRC team is quite a big thing in Finland after all and if I cared about being nationalistic, I would be very quiet about anything negative involving them. FIA now looking into Tänak does much more harm for Toyota's rally team than it does good for the Finnish drivers, who drive for it. I highly doubt there is anything good about this thing for anyone in the Toyota team.

If you notice, I earlier said that in my opinion Ayrton Senna should have been banned from Formula 1 for a year at the very minimum, while I also stated that I am his great fan. I think it's healthy to apply critical thinking with everything in life. Just because you are a fan of someone, it doesn't mean you have to approve of everything they do or say either, no one or nothing is perfect. Or just because someone does something you think is wrong, it doesn't mean they are an all around horrible person with nothing to admire about them.

When it comes to driving on the stages, I admire Ott's commitment and speed. Comparing him directly to Latvala, I believe Tänak is actually an all around faster driver than Latvala at the moment. Who is more consistent nowadays is more up in the air though, as Latvala has become much more consistent since he joined Toyota. I would probably give a very slight advantage to Latvala on that criteria, as last year we saw the most mature Latvala we have ever seen, but he was very unlucky with mechanical failures. So at the moment I would probably rate Tänak and Latvala fairly even, with Lappi far behind them, simply because he is still way too inconsistent. I have no problem in saying that in my opinion so far Lappi has driven a lot more bad rallies for Toyota, than good ones. The slightly fortuitous win in Finland probably flatters his rating a bit to be honest. Apart from that rally he has mostly been either slow or binning it.

But like I have said already before, this topic is about driving off the stages, not on them.
    Last edited by AnttiK7; 8th February 2018 at 10:59.

14. Likes: Allez Andruet (8th February 2018),AnttiL (8th February 2018),nafpaktos (8th February 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    ^
    ^

16. Likes: steve.mandzij (8th February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    Yes.

Regarding the other comments, I won't go anymore into the issue of comparing different incidents with the Tänak case and whatnot. That one I have explained in depth already and you will find everything I have to say about that within the confines of this thread.

But regarding the nationality thing, if I cared so much about that, then why on earth would I make such a song and dance about an Estonian driver, driving for an essentially Finnish WRC team. Toyota's WRC team is quite a big thing in Finland after all and if I cared about being nationalistic, I would be very quiet about anything negative involving them. FIA now looking into Tänak does much more harm for Toyota's rally team than it does good for the Finnish drivers, who drive for it. I highly doubt there is anything good about this thing for anyone in the Toyota team.

If you notice, I earlier said that in my opinion Ayrton Senna should have been banned from Formula 1 for a year at the very minimum, while I also stated that I am his great fan. I think it's healthy to apply critical thinking with everything in life. Just because you are a fan of someone, it doesn't mean you have to approve of everything they do or say either, no one or nothing is perfect. Or just because someone does something you think is wrong, it doesn't mean they are an all around horrible person with nothing to admire about them.

When it comes to driving on the stages, I admire Ott's commitment and speed. Comparing him directly to Latvala, I believe Tänak is actually an all around faster driver than Latvala at the moment. Who is more consistent nowadays is more up in the air though, as Latvala has become much more consistent since he joined Toyota. I would probably give a very slight advantage to Latvala on that criteria, as last year we saw the most mature Latvala we have ever seen, but he was very unlucky with mechanical failures. So at the moment I would probably rate Tänak and Latvala fairly even, with Lappi far behind them, simply because he is still way too inconsistent. I have no problem in saying that in my opinion so far Lappi has driven a lot more bad rallies for Toyota, than good ones. The slightly fortuitous win in Finland probably flatters his rating a bit to be honest. Apart from that rally he has mostly been either slow or binning it.

But like I have said already before, this topic is about driving off the stages, not on them.
    Douchebag. Tanak and Toyota will be proud of you.

Let's hope that FIA have better things to do than work on your "case" and will forget about all. And then you can go crying in the corner.

Stupid people everywhere..

18. Likes: dimviii (8th February 2018),Epik (8th February 2018),MartijnS (8th February 2018),TypeR (8th February 2018),WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts

Agree 100% this person should be banned...what an I....?
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "