Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    The WRC needs to do anything it can to attain and keep a positive image. This doesn't help at all.

2. Likes: dupanton (30th January 2018),PLuto (30th January 2018),satukata (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Anyone want a drink?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: cali (30th January 2018)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Anyone want a drink?
    no, it is dangerous and leaves bad image to rally forum

6. Likes: cali (30th January 2018),dimviii (30th January 2018),jliivak (30th January 2018),Rallyper (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    no, it is dangerous and leaves bad image to rally forum
    Okay, no tea for you today.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

8. Likes: cali (30th January 2018),dimviii (30th January 2018),TypeR (30th January 2018)
    Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I really don't understand the need to bring up completely different and very serious issues to this topic, while making fun of them. We are here to talk about rallying.

Toyota no, but FIA yes definitely. I would love to get a proper FIA clarification on this and how it is in line with their road traffic safety campaigns. And as far as I can see the point of the existence of this forum is to share our opinions and raise discussion about various things related to rallying, so I don't see any problem here whatsoever. Even if nothing happens because of these discussions, now more people are aware of the whole issue and the snowball rolls. It was only because the link was posted on another forum that I even found out about this myself. It more seems like the problem is that I have undesirable views on the matter for some people.
    You talk about road safety campaigns, but why dont you want to put also Ogier as example for others that its not good for sport. Ogier was using his phone while driving and we all saw it in live. This kind of behavour is straitly regulated by law in France and you must give away your driving-license. In Tanaks case we even dont now what law will say about little slide in slippy contitions...
    5 time world champion will be much more useful example for others.
    Its funny that most of you, who want that only Tanak must be punished are finns(Jari-Matti fans)....smile and life will be much more nicer 😉

Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Maybe take that as a hint of much you should be reacting...

Rather than jumping up and down writing pages and pages of angry indignation.
    Learn from the French. giggle, shrug and get on with life..
    (I say this not as a spectator or a fan but as a competitor who spent 2 seasons racing in France. After 7-8 years in a country equally Lutheran to where you live. Things are different in different countries, not better or worse, just different. Learn to roll the eyes back, smile and shrug)0
    I don't use the reactions of other people, rally fans or not, as a guideline on how I should react to things. Also I don't believe in rolling my eyes back, smiling and shrugging at everything in life. If there's something I care about and what means something to me and I disagree with something then no, that's not the way to go nor is it something I would suggest for anyone. And I am yet to jump up and down in anger about this and it's nothing to get a heart attack over, but in the context of WRC it is very much an issue.

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    i would ask people who think it was dangerous and Ott should be banned, do you think the same when you watch the Tour de France and see the team cars passing by spectators very close at speeds over 50kph sometime?

12. Likes: the sniper (30th January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Only when it`s not their favorite.

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    i would ask people who think it was dangerous and Ott should be banned, do you think the same when you watch the Tour de France and see the team cars passing by spectators very close at speeds over 50kph sometime?
    I am not fan of Tour de France, they can do what they want there. But I am fan of rallysport. And I am also part of organisation. I know how people are starting to be against rally everywhere. And behaviour during recce and on liaisons is one of their biggest arguments. Year by year there are problems with approving the stages. We must make picture of rallysport to be more friendly to normal people, who dont like the sport. Dont give them so stupid arguments to be against rallysport.

15. Likes: AnttiK7 (30th January 2018),AnttiL (30th January 2018),Myrvold (30th January 2018)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not fan of Tour de France, they can do what they want there. But I am fan of rallysport. And I am also part of organisation. I know how people are starting to be against rally everywhere. And behaviour during recce and on liaisons is one of their biggest arguments. Year by year there are problems with approving the stages. We must make picture of rallysport to be more friendly to normal people, who dont like the sport. Dont give them so stupid arguments to be against rallysport.
    However Otts driving is not the example that will get the antirally people yelling hurray. Need to be something else.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...