Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    I actually completely agree with the champagne part, but that's for another topic and discussion altogether. Regarding comparisons between Ogier's and Tänak's incidents I have already said enough in the past 30 pages until something new surfaces.
    You're saying you don't approve using phones, but your actions and explanations are pretty much passive approval. You consider showing off clearly more damaging than something that's (also) clearly both dangerous and illegal. You consider one guy's showing off more damaging than others. How is that not hypocritical?

As I already said, for general public, both of those drifting incidents are identical. You might argue one is safer/slower/whatever than the other, but to some random pal who holds a grudge against rally, they're both reckless. So I don't really see a difference here.

PS. Thanks Hartusvuori, been reading this forum for quite some time, it was about time to register too
    Last edited by RaunoK; 1st February 2018 at 12:57.

2. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018),Hartusvuori (1st February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaunoK View Post
    As I already said, for general public, both of those drifting incidents are identical. You might argue one is safer/slower/whatever than the other, but some random pal who holds a grudge against rally, they're both reckless. So I don't really see a difference here.
    This is true. But I don't think it's AnttiK7's intention to put the blame on Tänak in particular, but to give awareness to FIA that the drivers are doing this? As a matter of fact, they must be aware of it already, but have just realized that they don't have any power or resources to do anything about it, other than letting the police make their decisions.

I want to also clarify that as a Finn I'm super happy about Tänak doing well in the Toyota. I also posted it during the rally

4. Likes: AnttiK7 (1st February 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    As one of the people who is anti hooning on public roads maybe let me state that I don't think that any of the drivers should get sanctioned for anything that happened in Monte Carlo since it seems a common behaviour.

What I'd like the FIA to do is to have a briefing with all the drivers and to tell them that it is a no-go and introduce to everyone at the same time what sort of penalties will be given out if a driver is caught breaking the law. They could enforce it on the basis of onboard camera evidence coupled with looking at the telemetry, so you can see who breaks the speed limit and who commits to inapropriate driving behaviour.

A solution to the tire warming issue could be that they would block a piece of road before the stage, however long it needs to be, so they can zick-zack and do heavy breaking to get heat into the tires and breaks safely.

Does that sound appeasing to everybody?
    Last edited by Watson; 1st February 2018 at 13:20.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (1st February 2018),AnttiK7 (1st February 2018),AnttiL (1st February 2018),jliivak (1st February 2018)
    Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    As one of the people who is anti hooning on public roads maybe let me state that I don't think that any of the drivers should get sanctioned for anything that happened in Monte Carlo since it seems a common behaviour.

What I'd like the FIA to do is to have a briefing with all the drivers and to tell them that it is a no-go and introduce to everyone at the same time what sort of penalties will be given out if a driver is caught breaking the law. They could enforce it on the basis of onboard camera evidence coupled with looking at the telemetry, so you can see who breaks the speed limit and who commits to inapropriate driving behaviour.

A solution to the tire warming issue could be that they would block a piece of road before the stage, however long it needs to be, so they can zick-zack and do heavy breaking to get heat into the tires and breaks safely.

Very good ideas!

8. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Does that sound appeasing to everybody?[/QUOTE]

It may mean closing a section of public road for this to happen 'legally' and I am not sure if this is possible for all stages at all events, as I believe some countries do not allow road closures for motor sport.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    It may mean closing a section of public road for this to happen 'legally' and I am not sure if this is possible for all stages at all events, as I believe some countries do not allow road closures for motor sport.[/QUOTE]

Also, in many cases liason road on a tarmac with a junction to the stage road is often used for normal traffic. Doing the warm up area at the beginning of the stage road could be somewhat difficult as well and at least shorten the stage distance by a kilometre or so.

But nevertheless constructive idea!
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

11. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018)
    Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Just a simple question:

Why would it be needed to have liason especially for sliding for spectators? Have I missed something here?

To me sliding and reving is on the stages. Proposal denied.

(Having said that, above has nothing to do with main topic about OT. I already cleared my view on it.)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    https://youtu.be/_5fQZhv0poU

Footage of Antti. I understand him now.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Just a simple question:

Why would it be needed to have liason especially for sliding for spectators? Have I missed something here?

To me sliding and reving is on the stages. Proposal denied.

(Having said that, above has nothing to do with main topic about OT. I already cleared my view on it.)
    I wasn't suggesting an area for sliding, but for warming up tires and breaks.

Edit: I also talked about the Tanak's, Ogier's, Mikkelsen's and anyone who hasn't been caught on camera-'s incident and a way to get a handle on it. Very much so. Please read again.

I just came up with it before I posted it so I know it is likely to be flawed in some ways but maybe we can work that out collectively. Or someone comes up with better ideas.
    Last edited by Watson; 1st February 2018 at 15:22.

15. Likes: AnttiL (1st February 2018),Rallyper (1st February 2018)
    Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
    So in summary the thread went something like this:
    - Ogier uses his phone while driving on a main road.
    Antti: “I’m OK with that”.
    - Ogier is filmed going sideways past a van on a public road.
    - Mikkleson is filmed going sideways on a public road.
    Antti: I’m OK with that”.
    - Evans is filmed going sideways on a public road.
    - Tänak is filmed entertaining a few of his fans at the side of a quiet road by wheel spinning at a snails pace.
    Antti: “Ban that f*cker! I’m making a formal complaint to the FIA!”

You are everything that is wrong with patriotic idiots. Now put your panties back on and move away from the PC before you embarrass yourself even more.