Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    https://www.rallye-sport.fr/loeb-en-prive-au-dakar/

last Dakar private win is from Schlesser, back in 2000; another record for Loeb to beat?
    Hard task without support race cars, when Loeb is in problems who will help him? MINI has many cars. Same for ToyotaGR if they compete.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Hard task without support race cars, when Loeb is in problems who will help him? MINI has many cars. Same for ToyotaGR if they compete.
    Harry Hunt has been doing quite a few raids lately with PH Sport's 3008, and also I think there is a possibiity of Al Quassimi running one as well. We will see if they or anyone else will be alongside Loeb.

3. Likes: pantealex (5th November 2018),Rally Power (4th November 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    watch how many fans crowded at Hyundai for Loeb.

Upon the arrival of Monte Carlo Sunday, I responded to a lot of media. Three days later, a little more "cold", my feelings are always the same. So I will be short because you have certainly read everything ...

I think the mission that Hyundai took us to was filled with big points in the constructor championship. In addition, before the start, I had no idea what it could do with a single day of testing, the discovery of a new team and 90% of the course. Fourth place is not so bad.

However, in the car, with Daniel, we gave of ourselves! We really attacked hard at several times and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed with our performance. Especially during the last stage, in the dry and when we had all the same tires. In the car, passing the line, we said with Danos, "there should be a time" ... and then, no.

We will have to analyze with the team what was not. The lack of driving, in my opinion, does not excuse the average time of Sunday in particular. What is interesting about Hyundai is that they immediately listened to us and I already know that working meetings will allow us to analyze and work in the right direction for the future.

I am clearly a competitor and I am not satisfied with a fourth place. We will work and still work to improve and certainly adapt the car to my driving.

To come back to the rally, I do not remember all the editions in which I participated but it is certain that 2019 will remain as one of the most difficult. The state of the road was constantly changing between ice, snow, dry, wet. In my day - it's a bit old to say that! - we did not make tire choices that were ... strange! 3 nails, 3 slicks ... I remember that on a Monte Carlo, we sacrificed parts to attack hard in others. Today, this is just a compromise story, the 'cash' is never right but in the end, it pays to perform on a loop. We paid the price by making more 'classic' choices at the start of the rally before resigning to the end to be like 'young people'! I do not say that to complain, absolutely not, I just notice that things have changed, evolved and that's good. To us, with Daniel, to adapt!

What has not changed is the atmosphere on this rally. She is pretty amazing with so many people. It's really a rally apart and I can guarantee you that it was a pleasure to relive those emotions. It brought back good memories!

Finally, it was our first with Hyundai Motorsport and we were pleasantly surprised by their welcome, their way of working and the comfort that can be had within the structure. Everything is done for drivers and co-drivers with a 'nanny' for everyone, a box to land, a briefing room at breakfast ... I speak especially in Seb Keller's column Red Bull. The atmosphere is also very good. Everyone seems relaxed but very involved. After spending our entire career in the same 'group', we feared a little change and we were quickly reassured!

Now we are focused on the Rally Sweden and can not wait to see the car on this surface. I have not put the wheels in six years, it does not look simple on paper. But as in Monte Carlo, our goal will be to bring points to Hyundai Motorsport and have fun. This rally can be the most beautiful of the season if the conditions are good: walls of snow, ice on the ground, sun and -15 degrees! By cons, it can quickly become hell without a wall of snow, with fresh snow on the ground or earth and a gray weather.

I leave you, the plane will take off!

Seb »

http://www.sebastienloeb.com/monte-c...e-monte-carlo/

5. Likes: BleAivano (1st February 2019),gorganl2000 (1st February 2019)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    it's such an interesting personality trait of champions..they always want to be competitive/win. It's very admirable, as Loeb was hired to bring in manufacturer's points first and foremost. to do this in the current WRC environment, he could probably get anywhere from 4th to 6th positions fairly comfortably on any rally, but still he wants and needs to be competitive with the main drivers (top 3). This is the kind of thing that separates the best from the rest, that drive and burning desire. I think its built into your DNA.
    i hope with some testing, driving adaptation, set up changes and analysis they can get the Hyundai WRC to match his style and improve in general (((i want this for even Ford, Toyota and Citroen as well, the more evenly matched the cars are, i feel the closer to rivalry will be during the season with the drivers making more of the difference---but i suppose in the real world this is highly unlikely as each car usually have its own strengths and weaknesses))).

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    I think we safely can say that Loeb is one of the best, maybe the best rallydriver of all times!

8. Likes: BleAivano (24th January 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    To echo my comment from the monte thread:

Now there can be no more doubt.

10. Likes: dimviii (23rd January 2022)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    “It was one thing I was always thinking about: I didn’t know why when I did my comeback with Citroën in Catalunya, the next year I finished the gravel leading the rally and then I was slow like hell on Tarmac. I never understood how I could lose everything in one year.”

I think I heard that before...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I think we can close this thread now.
    Here's another unbelievable story about Le Maestro.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-i...te-brilliance/

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

13. Likes: becher (5th February 2022),dimviii (5th February 2022),Mirek (5th February 2022),Rallyper (5th February 2022),TypeR (6th February 2022)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    And the guy wins race of champions

I’m really starting to believe he is a alien
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

15. Likes: cali (6th February 2022),Rally Hokkaido (9th February 2022),TypeR (6th February 2022)
    Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    Now that a lot of ice&snow racing is done..

let's do the rally Sweden also..

17. Likes: WRC1 (6th February 2022)