Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Will Tänak catch Kopecky for 8th place finish and some salvage points? Suninen could also make it to top 10 but the puncture cost him 3 more minutes.

Liked 12,171 Times in 5,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Will Tänak catch Kopecky for 8th place finish and some salvage points? Suninen could also make it to top 10 but the puncture cost him 3 more minutes.
    That’s his target according to his own words.

#Tyre info: Day 2 - Afternoon:

WRC:
    Citroën: 2 Michelin LTX Force S5 + 4 Michelin LTX Force H4
    Toyota & M-Sport: 5H
    Neuville & Mikkelsen: 5H
    Paddon: 3H + 2S

WRC2:
    Veiby: 3H + 3S
    Kopecki & Tempestini & Loubet: 6H
    Ciamin: 3S + 3H

#RallyItaliaSardegna ����#WRC
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Gap down to 3 seconds between 1st and 2nd... but if Thierry is overpushing to get those times out, he'll have a hard time getting through the long stages. We'll see, fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    That’s his target according to his own words.
    During the morning loop Kopecky lost like 3 minutes to Tänak, so Tänak could catch him already today

Liked 241 Times in 66 Posts
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ges?id=9940778

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ete?id=9940771

Ogier:

Can you explain the time gap in the last stage? "It's difficult to explain, no? I don't know, certainly a bad rhythm. I didn't feel the grip. It felt like it was slippery. I thought I was driving neat and tidy, but we didn't do enough. These conditions, when it's more slippery, are less suitable for me. I was under the impression that we lacked performance in these conditions, but we'll try to do better this afternoon."

With the championship in mind, can you win or lose more in this rally? "Pff, I don't ask myself this question, it's important for the both of us to score points like in every rally."

And then some stuff about the importance of tyre choice and how he likes the battle...

Neuville:

What was the objective this morning? "We wanted to reduce the gap to Sebastien little by little this morning, because we knew it would be difficult to achieve big gaps. But in the last stage we were able to deal a big blow. I think he wasn't very comfortable on that stage, a very difficult stage."

A big attack then? "Well, I wasn't feeling 100 per cent at the start, it felt better and better and I continued to up the rhythm until the end of the stage. I started to widen the gap, at the end 14 seconds. We know the stages well, that helps."

We know the championship standings. More to lose or to win? "Today we're in the same situation. It's true that I have a little bit of an advantage in the championship, but the objective this weekend is to take more points than them and be the leader of the championship. Up til now he's still in front, so we have to find some seconds this afternoon and take the lead."

You like the battle? "Yes, but it also brings pressure, there are a lot of traps. Sometimes it's warm, but we've been okay up til now."
    Ouninpohja!

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    During the morning loop Kopecky lost like 3 minutes to Tänak, so Tänak could catch him already today
    Especially considering that now Kopecký has nobody around him in WRC2 and the only thing he needs is to cruise to the finish.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: pantealex (9th June 2018),RS (9th June 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Veiby quicker than Slowgier in that one.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    What is this stage schedule? You have a proper stage at 10 am, then a service (fair enough so far) but then a 1.4 km stage at 2 pm and then 2 hours of nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    What is this stage schedule? You have a proper stage at 10 am, then a service (fair enough so far) but then a 1.4 km stage at 2 pm and then 2 hours of nothing?
    Ittiri Arena is close to Alghero, but the start of Coiluna - Loelle is 100 km away. Also 100 km from the end of Monte Lerno to service.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Ittiri Arena is close to Alghero, but the start of Coiluna - Loelle is 100 km away. Also 100 km from the end of Monte Lerno to service.
    Fair enough I suppose

12. Likes: stefanvv (9th June 2018)