Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 891
  1. #11
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,176
    Like
    1,996
    Liked 2,051 Times in 933 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.co...al-2018-route/

    Route preview, not much changes, but trying to come up with something worth saying of the stages.

  2. Likes: EstWRC (30th April 2018),steve.mandzij (30th April 2018)
  3. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    37
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Someone knows where is the spot in the video at 2:30?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEWgPWJzIA
    It is labeled as Vieira do Minho, but is some spectacle zone or near of some?

    Thanks a lot!

  4. #13
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,176
    Like
    1,996
    Liked 2,051 Times in 933 Posts
    When does the entry list come out?

  5. Likes: pantealex (2nd May 2018)
  6. #14
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,940
    Like
    2,217
    Liked 1,564 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.co...al-2018-route/
    Route preview, not much changes, but trying to come up with something worth saying of the stages.
    Nice stuff AnttiL, as usual!

    I just miss the mention of Portugal being one of the 7 countries still holding a WRC event since the series beginning (1973). You’re right mentioning Fafe as the iconic stage of current Portugal Rally but it would make sense to also name Sintra and Arganil on the history part of your piece (just like the video does); those 3 areas were, for decades, the ‘holy trinity’ of our rally. Btw, the North to South route of the 80’s and 90’s rally never visited the Algarve (Faro) region; it was usually divided in two legs, the second including the unforgettable Arganil dawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meekefan View Post
    Someone knows where is the spot in the video at 2:30?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEWgPWJzIAIt is labeled as Vieira do Minho, but is some spectacle zone or near of some?
    Yep, it’s Vieira stage. The spot you’re asking looks to be right after the ‘Senhora da Fé’ spectacle zone (ZE) and you can access from the ZE by foot, through the hill. Around 1:15 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2551SV2SSyg
    Rally addict since 1982

  7. Likes: AnttiL (1st May 2018)
  8. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    18,906
    Like
    5,948
    Liked 8,867 Times in 4,074 Posts

  9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (1st May 2018),Rally Power (1st May 2018)
  10. #16
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,176
    Like
    1,996
    Liked 2,051 Times in 933 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

    I just miss the mention of Portugal being one of the 7 countries still holding a WRC event since the series beginning (1973). You’re right mentioning Fafe as the iconic stage of current Portugal Rally but it would make sense to also name Sintra and Arganil on the history part of your piece (just like the video does); those 3 areas were, for decades, the ‘holy trinity’ of our rally. Btw, the North to South route of the 80’s and 90’s rally never visited the Algarve (Faro) region; it was usually divided in two legs, the second including the unforgettable Arganil dawn.
    Thanks for the corrections, I updated my post a bit.

  11. Likes: Rally Power (1st May 2018)
  12. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    37
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Nice stuff AnttiL, as usual!

    I just miss the mention of Portugal being one of the 7 countries still holding a WRC event since the series beginning (1973). You’re right mentioning Fafe as the iconic stage of current Portugal Rally but it would make sense to also name Sintra and Arganil on the history part of your piece (just like the video does); those 3 areas were, for decades, the ‘holy trinity’ of our rally. Btw, the North to South route of the 80’s and 90’s rally never visited the Algarve (Faro) region; it was usually divided in two legs, the second including the unforgettable Arganil dawn.



    Yep, it’s Vieira stage. The spot you’re asking looks to be right after the ‘Senhora da Fé’ spectacle zone (ZE) and you can access from the ZE by foot, through the hill. Around 1:15 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2551SV2SSyg
    Thanks Rally Power.

  13. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    24
    Like
    51
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    When does the entry list come out?
    so, nobody knows?

  14. Likes: pantealex (4th May 2018)
  15. #19
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    510
    Like
    103
    Liked 366 Times in 179 Posts
    Will be a great event. I think Lappi is one to look out for in Portugal. He's done these stages before and should set some fastest times. JML needs to come back to reality and focus on a finnish (pun intended). Tanak will also be one to look out for... or in his own words "basically we just have to drive our rally"

    The Fords claim to have issue with sandy surfaces, so I'm not sure how they will do in Portugal. Ogier will can easily win this event as he's done so many times in the past, but the other teams are also developing cars. Evans still having issues and way off pace. I don't see any reason why he would do any better in Portugal, but I sure hope he does.

    Hyundais looking good. I think Sordo and Paddon will be trying hard to let Hyundai know who is best. Sordo has had some good events this year and has been fast on gravel so far. Paddon has been out of a WR car for too long so it will be interesting to see if he still has his pace. With all 4 cars in this event it will be interesting.

    Citroen seems to be divided with Meeke loving the new rear end set up and Breen not so much. They will start with good road position so they can do well even though they will not be testing for this event. Meeke actually did some set up tests while in Argentina and had some high hopes for the new set up. Lets see where he lands. Breen confirmed that his roof and cage are good for future rolls.

  16. #20

  17. Likes: AnttiL (4th May 2018),pantealex (4th May 2018),Rally Power (10th May 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •