Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Not for third car
    Probably not.

2. Likes: pantealex (6th January 2018)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    With the 8 rounds for Suninen news this is how things appear to be shaping up
    Monte - Bouffier t.b.c.
    Sweden - Suninen
    Corsica - Camilli t.b.c.
    Mexico - Suninen
    Portugal - Suninen
    Argentina - Suninen
    Sardegna - Suninen
    Finland - Suninen
    Deutschland - Camilli t.b.c.
    Turkey - Suninen
    Wales GB - Suninen
    Catalunya - ??
    Australia - ??
    That could be plan for Suninen
    If everything goes well, he is fast and reliable, maybe podium place?
    He will get to drive last 2 events also. (without paying to Malcolm, I mean)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

4. Likes: AnttiL (6th January 2018),Rally Power (6th January 2018),tommeke_B (6th January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    He has been on the RMC podium in ERC/IRC, WRC2, WRC so i`d say there`s a strong possibility for points there.
    ERC/IRC mean nothing. WRC is another sport. He arrived second in 2014 only because he's been lucky with tires.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    ERC/IRC mean nothing. WRC is another sport. He arrived second in 2014 only because he's been lucky with tires.
    You have to see it from both sides - he didn't have thousands of kilometers in WRC behind him like the others. It's always kind of amiracle when somebody suceed in such one-off starts.

And by the way speaking about luck on Monte Carlo is ehm... some drivers have always luck, some never. You know what I mean (by the way his IRC victory was also about this "luck" when he and Loix were the only top drivers with somewhat good tyre choice in the critical moment but Loix had a puncture).
    Last edited by Mirek; 6th January 2018 at 17:05.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: pantealex (7th January 2018),RS (7th January 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    You have to see it from both sides - he didn't have thousands of kilometers in WRC behind him like the others. It's always kind of amiracle when somebody suceed in such one-off starts.

And by the way speaking about luck on Monte Carlo is ehm... some drivers have always luck, some never. You know what I mean (by the way his IRC victory was also about this "luck" when he and Loix were the only top drivers with somewhat good tyre choice in the critical moment but Loix had a puncture).
    Don't get me wrong Mirek. Or maybe I shuold have explained it better. I think Bouffier is a strong driver and especially in Monte he is very good and has achieved a lot of results. He knows that rally very well and I respect him of course.
    Said that if I have to give a third car, he would not be in the top of my list. I tell you why:
    He is good at Monte but he is not the fastest. 2014 shows that. He had a huge advantage after the right tire choice in the first days but he was continuously losing time to other WRC drivers (that's why I said IRC is another thing, he wins there, but he has not the pace in WRC).

M-Sport already have Evans and Ogier, two experienced and reliable drivers that most likely will take points. I would rather invest that seat to a young gun and give him experience for the future. Experience is very important, ecpecially in a unique rally like this.
    Even better if he pays well.

9. Likes: AnttiL (6th January 2018),dimviii (6th January 2018),Mirek (6th January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    It`s still a tricky rally where everything can happen. Learning in a R5 car makes total sense, learning in a WRC could be just an expensive crash...or when one of the two "works" cars goes off/breaks down. In terms of championship a solid finisher, especially a good place finisher, is more safe.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Don't get me wrong Mirek. Or maybe I shuold have explained it better. I think Bouffier is a strong driver and especially in Monte he is very good and has achieved a lot of results. He knows that rally very well and I respect him of course.
    Said that if I have to give a third car, he would not be in the top of my list. I tell you why:
    He is good at Monte but he is not the fastest. 2014 shows that. He had a huge advantage after the right tire choice in the first days but he was continuously losing time to other WRC drivers (that's why I said IRC is another thing, he wins there, but he has not the pace in WRC).

M-Sport already have Evans and Ogier, two experienced and reliable drivers that most likely will take points. I would rather invest that seat to a young gun and give him experience for the future. Experience is very important, ecpecially in a unique rally like this.
    Even better if he pays well.
    Or if you were Malcolm Wilson and you wanted to defend your championship with the strongest start to the year possible, it would make sense to find the best "local" driver who knows the event well. Use him to get you points if it works out, and he will no doubt be able to bring local knowledge and resources that can help your whole team on the event too. I think it's a smart choice. Especially when you compare Bouffier having done the event 8 times compared to the 4 times of Evans.
    Last edited by Munkvy; 7th January 2018 at 21:57.

12. Likes: Andre Oliveira (7th January 2018),pantealex (8th January 2018),WUff1 (8th January 2018)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Not for third car
    If no one else is lined up, why not. If any of the main drivers retire and he finishes there are some points at least. Better than no driver.

Liked 57 Times in 24 Posts
    And it's.... Bouffier for Monte and Corsica

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/janua...5--12-12-.html

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swanny View Post
    And it's.... Bouffier for Monte and Corsica

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/janua...5--12-12-.html
    Press release makes it very much sound like MSport did 'hire' Bouffier, although of course we can see his sponsors on the car I doubt they are footing the whole bill.

Does this mean Malcolm has given up on Camilli? Or could Bouffier just make a greater financial contribution?