Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts

2. Likes: dimviii (9th March 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (9th March 2018),HaCo (9th March 2018),salamaja (9th March 2018),satnav (9th March 2018)
    Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    That's nice!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    The point is (thankfully for Ott), is that he didn't have as big issues as his teammates over those stages, Tom Fowler said as much.

They have a system this year that kicks in to protect the engine and other components when the engine starts to overheat, and they'll work on Lappi and Jari's car in service to give them the chance to fight like Ott has been able to do.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. Likes: dimviii (9th March 2018)
    Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Wish you could click on a driver to have it as reference in the spilts. A long time ago this was possible.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

7. Likes: KKS (9th March 2018)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I know that it is early but I am impressed with Loeb so far. He is little bit more competitive than I thought considering how long he has been away.

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    The point is (thankfully for Ott), is that he didn't have as big issues as his teammates over those stages, Tom Fowler said as much.

They have a system this year that kicks in to protect the engine and other components when the engine starts to overheat, and they'll work on Lappi and Jari's car in service to give them the chance to fight like Ott has been able to do.

He said it now on all live? If so then thanks for the information! I couldn’t watch after the stage
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Mightily impressed by Loeb. All those other competitions have made him an even more complete driver. I think he will get faster as the rally goes and that will make a few guys stressed likely. Even though you are fighting for the championship, you don't want to beaten by somebody whos been away that long. Let's see if he can make it stick.
    Great rally so far, shame for the toyotas.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Loeb doing great and fully taking advantage of his road position.

It's amazing how on the pace he is. A true master....

12. Likes: cali (9th March 2018)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    cant understand his ''answer''...From his times at highest stage there is no problem with overheat.
    The avg. speed of the last stage was 30 km/h faster than the stage before.

It's air cooling after all

the air cooling was different from other 2 yaris?
    All 3 Yaris had much better stage times in SS4 than all morning. Q.E.D.
    so you dont know if all yaris had engine overheat problems. Thats the answer you had to give at my question.
    answer is not that ''they are faster vs previous stages''.
    Off course I don't know if they had overheat problems, you don't know either. Heck often the drivers can't be sure either as the engine turns down power automatically (ref. Toyota engineer), supposedly without even telling on the dashboard (ref. Latvala SS2).

But based on times they clearly had much less issues in SS4 and the higher speed is for sure the reason. I recommend you actually read and think about whats written first. "Highest stage" doesn't mean much if the difference is a few 100m while the avg. speed difference is 30 km/h.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post

Could it be then that Lappi and Latvala pushed harder (as in, were stressing the engine more) than Tanak, meaning that their engines overheated first?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk