Page 139 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1563
  1. #1381
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,376
    Like
    1,561
    Liked 312 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75 View Post
    This could only be a joke
    First pass

  2. Likes: b3637853 (12th March 2018),Zeropt (12th March 2018)
  3. #1382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    219
    Liked 320 Times in 166 Posts
    It doesn't matter. If a driver is penalised for a reason, and everyone else who did the same, must be equal for all, regardless of whether it makes a difference or not.

  4. Likes: dupanton (12th March 2018)
  5. #1383
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    4,917
    Like
    2,090
    Liked 4,166 Times in 1,750 Posts
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

  6. Likes: dimviii (12th March 2018),electroliquid (12th March 2018),Lead (12th March 2018),MartijnS (12th March 2018)
  7. #1384
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,419
    Like
    2,254
    Liked 2,333 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75 View Post
    It doesn't matter. If a driver is penalised for a reason, and everyone else who did the same, must be equal for all, regardless of whether it makes a difference or not.
    You would be happier if Neuville was 9:13.0 from the lead instead of 9:03.0 and 1:31.7 ahead of Tidemand instead of 1:21.7?

    Like I said, this is why we have human stewards.

  8. #1385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    1,539
    Like
    219
    Liked 320 Times in 166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You would be happier if Neuville was 9:13.0 from the lead instead of 9:03.0 and 1:31.7 ahead of Tidemand instead of 1:21.7?

    Like I said, this is why we have human stewards.
    This type of penalty does not make me happy and I don't have favourite drivers. I just like things to be fair. And those barriers should have water within.

  9. Likes: electroliquid (12th March 2018)
  10. #1386
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,419
    Like
    2,254
    Liked 2,333 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Well, if the stewards had acted quick and given Neuville a penalty before the power stage started, I guess Ogier would have taken it easier. So in that way it was not fair.

    Regarding that chicane and how it should be built, I don't think it should have been there at all. It was not even necessary for the stage average speed being too high.

  11. Likes: electroliquid (12th March 2018),RICARDO75 (12th March 2018)
  12. #1387
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    54
    Like
    0
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Loeb also moved the barrier(only on the exit though) on the power stage and didn't get penalty and scored one point.

  13. #1388
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,705
    Like
    1,944
    Liked 4,437 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Thats what I mean... driver's take every cut and advantage they can, those crappy barriers were asking to be clipped.

  14. #1389
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    68
    Like
    11
    Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

    Regarding that chicane and how it should be built, I don't think it should have been there at all. It was not even necessary for the stage average speed being too high.
    Theese chicanes are used to slow cars down on the entry to villages or cities, due to improve safety of spectators or citizens just accidentaly passing by. If there was not the chicane, cars would be entering next right corner about 40kph faster, (i guess) and there was a lot of spectators on the outside on the finish straight.

  15. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018)
  16. #1390
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,419
    Like
    2,254
    Liked 2,333 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kubiczech View Post
    Theese chicanes are used to slow cars down on the entry to villages or cities, due to improve safety of spectators or citizens just accidentaly passing by. If there was not the chicane, cars would be entering next right corner about 40kph faster, (i guess) and there was a lot of spectators on the outside on the finish straight.
    They could have just put the finish a bit earlier, where tarmac started?

    EDIT: Maybe the chicane was indeed to allow a big spectator area in the outside of the last corner...otherwise they wouldn't have had space for a big spectator area.

  17. Likes: RICARDO75 (12th March 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •