Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
As I suspected , Massa wasn't the mentor he signed up to be , according to Lance .
Massa has responded with a curt "I shouldn't comment" comment .

It might have been a little fault from both sides , but I never got the impression that Felipe wanted the new boy to get too close to him .

Either way , it points out that it was a tougher road than it looked to be from the outside for the young lad .
The way Lance spoke , there seems to have been a fair amount of resentment shown at the mere idea of any mentoring having taken place at all .
That's pretty destabilizing for a new guy , thrown into the deep end with everybody and their uncles saying that they are expecting him to fail because he's just the rich kid .

I think he'll do a lot better without the Mousa pout in the other side of the garage .
It was a hard situation the Massa - Stroll setup. Massa has to mentor while protecting his F1 legacy. Stroll want to make a reputation for himself by beating the veteran F1 driver Massa. I am sure Stroll started out thinking this was going to be an easy enough job until he discovered that Massa was not that slow as most woulkd like to let on. Hence, l can see that there would be some frustration from the Stroll side of the garage. And also from the Massa side which may suggest why the departure of Massa was abit mysterious but expected.