Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 brc

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Question is if you need "good events". Primary you need to have events, which are interested for the crews. Look at ERC - there is Acropolis and Cyprus, both nice events with rough gravel, but lot of crews prefers to miss it as it is very expensive, especially in terms of costs with rebuilding of the cars. I remember when czech championship had first round in Austria on Janner. It was close to czech border, on snow and with big gap before next event. In first years everybody wanted to go there to drive on snow, but in next years they have found it is too expensive event (you must be ready for snow, wet and dry) and czech sponsors were not interested in promotion in Austria...

Maybe this should be also problem of BRC? They should primary find the events, where they will have competitors. And find a way, how to persuade competitors to do more events in the championship, not only their local ones...

2. Likes: Jarek Z (12th September 2018),Jeppe (12th September 2018),tommeke_B (12th September 2018)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    2019 Prestone MSA British Rally Championship calendar*

16 February – Visit Conwy Cambrian Rally, Llandudno, Wales

16/17 March – Quality Hotel West Cork Rally, Clonakilty, Republic of Ireland

27 April – Pirelli International Rally, Carlisle, England

28/29 June – Renties Ypres Rally, Ypres, Belgium

17 August – Ulster Rally, Antrim, Northern Ireland

7 September – The Armstrong Galloway Hills Rally, Castle Douglas, Scotland

Reserve Round – Dayinsure Wales Rally GB – Date TBC

*Calendar subject to approval by the MSA
    Jesus Christ, your championship runs in 6 countries, no wonder it's in trouble.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Jesus Christ, your championship runs in 6 countries, no wonder it's in trouble.
    Running in Scotland, Wales and England isn't that big a deal though and it ran similarly even when it was popular.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (13th September 2018),the sniper (13th September 2018)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Running in Scotland, Wales and England isn't that big a deal though and it ran similarly even when it was popular.
    Yes, that's not a problem; there used to be RSAC Scottish Rally, Vauxhall Rally of Wales and the Pirelli International Rally.

I think an issue may have been trying to get events interested in being a BRC round; the Trackrod was and in the end pulled the plug. The Mid Wales was and the following year had to cancel due to small entries/ budget issues....

My only disappointment is all the gravel events are 1 day; but I suppose that is a cost issue due to the forestry per mile charges...

As a fan of the sport, you wish it success - but it's a long way to go before its on the same level as the BTCC, British GT, BSB....and I doubt it can reach those heady heights.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    For sure the BRC should choose nice events and provide fine conditions to privateers but getting Ford, Hyundai, VW/Skoda or Peugeot/Citroen UK importers into the series must be the main priority, as only manus can bring the key factor for success: media coverage.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I watched a recent round of the Belgian RC last night. They have a good entry of R5 cars, plus GT Class Porsches, BMW M-Cars and Historics.

We have better roads for rally over here but the BRC could learn a lot from them in terms of organisation.

The BRC 60th Anniversary is being 'celebrated' at the RallyDay at CastleCombe today......

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    The BRC 60th Anniversary is being 'celebrated' at the RallyDay at CastleCombe today......
    Probably more appropriate to hold a wake...

I did RallyDay last year and it was great, far better than I'd imagined. Having Malcolm Wilson, Tanak, Elfyn Evans, JML and a 2017 WRC there certainly helped!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I was thinking of doing rallyday this year as only done it once about 15 years ago, but a £25 ticket put me off and the weather forecast sealed the deal.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

I do wonder how long it will continue - when you look at something like RallyLegend, it's not really comparable; sadly.