Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 brc

Liked 1,956 Times in 806 Posts
    Malcolm Wilson rally postponed. Was supposed to be a big pre-season test for the BRC runners.

Now whether to make the trip up to a one-day Border Counties...
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,437 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Malcolm Wilson rally postponed. Was supposed to be a big pre-season test for the BRC runners.

Now whether to make the trip up to a one-day Border Counties...
    It's OFF.

https://www.msabrc.com/news/statemen...ent-postponed/

Liked 110 Times in 84 Posts
    I can't find the live results page of the Border Counties Rally that should have started right now

Liked 500 Times in 234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    I can't find the live results page of the Border Counties Rally that should have started right now
    It has been cancelled..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 110 Times in 84 Posts
    Oh no

Thanks for the info Mousti...

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,437 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    It has been cancelled..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Postponed actually. They hope to find a new date later in the calendar.

Liked 509 Times in 291 Posts
    Sensible decision, but the event only had 5/6 R5 cars, and originally cancelled a day of action. Whether they can get a new date is debatable; as I think that's 3 gravel events trying to reschedule for later in the year.

As for the BRC, there need to be another discussion on what it's meant to be. BTCC, BSB, British GT all have healthy entries and good series, so why is rallying the poor relation?
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 226 Times in 130 Posts
    Troubling times once again for our premiere series however I fear their social media outlets will try and tough it out with videos of previous glories and tenuous links to success elsewhere for anyone who might just have entered a BRC round in the past!

I've been thinking and am wondering whether M-Sports presence in the first couple of years of the re-launched championship has been a bit counter-productive? It would appear that an established driver in a "works" run car has been a shoe in for the championship, and ok last year was close mainly due to KC struggling a bit more than expected, however rather than prove a yard stick it would appear that its proved a deterrent. I don't get the lack of money in British rallying argument as there are plenty of WRC and R5 cars doing the BTRDA and tarmac series so maybe its time to open up the championship to anything rather than try to hang on to the hope that overseas crews will see it as WRC/ERC "Lite". The heritage of the Open Championship glory days really is at risk of being thrown out with the bath water. I see elsewhere on this forum threads about how many R5 cars are being entered in other European National championships so is Britain a unique case? At the moment it kind of seems so.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (14th March 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (15th March 2018)
    Liked 509 Times in 291 Posts
    I'd say here in the UK we are a unique case.

Despite having 2 WRC drivers, a WRC event, which pulled in massive crowds - we're actually almost a rallying backwater. Remember the IRC Scottish Rally that ran for only 3 years? Very few home drivers bothered to enter. Why?

The BTRDA is a nice national club series, but surely people want to do more than a 45 mile event? Or do they? We once had the BTRDA, then the ANCRO which were about 60-70 miles events, and then the BRC which were 120+ miles.

Yes, motorsport is expensive, but other British motorsport series seem to manage, so what is why can't rallying? Is it lack of sponsors due to poor media coverage, etc
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

11. Likes: sonnybobiche (25th March 2018)
    Liked 1,891 Times in 883 Posts
    I am not following BRC so close, but from my point of view as person from outside - BRC should more focus to be a national championship, not international. Not so much try to bring foreign drivers or organising foreign event abroad, but focus on persuading drivers from all parts of United Kingdom and Ireland to do that championship.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (14th March 2018),the sniper (14th March 2018)