Page 236 of 237 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2367
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    It's more mindset I believe. In order to win you must first believe you can win... I'm sure Ogier and Tanak believe the same.

2. Likes: dupanton (14th November 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yes but the FE social accounts have only been in existence for a third of the time the WRC ones have. It takes time to grow that following. That FE growth is very impressive.
    It may be impressive, but anyone can feel that FE growth is artificial, just like its races are. FE is mainly a marketing case study rather than a genuine motorsport form; the promoter, the FIA and the manus involved keep pushing the media to cover it in an inflated way; the general media does it because eco mobility is a trendy topic and the specialized media does it to survive, as they depend on manus.

In result of this, we have tradicional and popular motorport forms getting less media exposure, despite a real growing interest by the public on them, in WRC case mainly due to a fantastic new generation of WRC cars, a top driving level and a positive effort from rally organizers and the promoter.

No matter what mainstream media and marketing wizards are trying to sell, Rally still is and will remain to be a top motorsport form, with worldwide popularity and a lasting heritage.

PS: the F Type Rally video is now over the 30k views. Well done Jaguar!
    Rally addict since 1982

4. Likes: Japé (14th November 2018),NickRally (14th November 2018),sonnybobiche (20th November 2018),the sniper (14th November 2018)
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    It may be impressive, but anyone can feel that FE growth is artificial, just like its races are. FE is mainly a marketing case study rather than a genuine motorsport form; the promoter, the FIA and the manus involved keep pushing the media to cover it in an inflated way; the general media does it because eco mobility is a trendy topic and the specialized media does it to survive, as they depend on manus.

In result of this, we have tradicional and popular motorport forms getting less media exposure, despite a real growing interest by the public on them, in WRC case mainly due to a fantastic new generation of WRC cars, a top driving level and a positive effort from rally organizers and the promoter.

No matter what mainstream media and marketing wizards are trying to sell, Rally still is and will remain to be a top motorsport form, with worldwide popularity and a lasting heritage.

PS: the F Type Rally video is now over the 30k views. Well done Jaguar!
    Or well done you

Jaguar appear to very good at marketing.

If as you say WRC is the 3rd most followed car motorsport after F1 and Nascar, then that puts it the top motorsport for cars that resemble the ones we see on the road.

So still don't get Ford Europe not pushing the wins last year, even more so as it wasn't a factory team. Putting Ken Block into the odd rally opens up new audiences, but don't see any marketing from Ford.
    I'm sure the Scooby, Evo and Ford specials of the past help keep brand/car awareness. Would of thought a WRC Fiesta St on the outgoing model would of been produced if we were in the 1990's

Evan's comments on stage 6 confirm he's not got a ride next year.
    Also seemed from the commentators that Ogier was mentioning and fighting his case to MW.

6. Likes: Rally Power (16th November 2018)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Also on WRC+, Julian Porter (I think it was him) confirmed that Seb Marshall will be in the car with Meeke last year. From the comment of Becksy afterwards, it was obvious that he wasn't suppose to say this out loud.

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th November 2018)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Elfyn Evans stated how disappointed he was to have to concede time to Ogier in Australia, saying it was even more so as he doesnt have a seat for 2019.

Sounds like he knows he's not got the money or performances to get him a place next year and isnt able to show any prospective employer a good result in Aus either.

I think he may be only kept as a test driver by M-Sport and then perhaps have a role in the new Fiesta R5.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Elfynished Evans...

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    He didnt seem to hold any grudges after SS6 and the position drop to help his team leader.

I hope Elfyn gets a drive of some kind next year.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    He didnt seem to hold any grudges after SS6 and the position drop to help his team leader.

I hope Elfyn gets a drive of some kind next year.
    Worst case scenario, WRC2? Shame for him anyhow....
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

13. Likes: the sniper (16th November 2018)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    some interesting bits in recent interviews with Tommi and Latvala in estonian media (at least for me)

ill start with Latvala

You have been in the same team with two title contenders, with Tänak and Ogier. How different they are?

Lets say Ogier doesnt focus so much on details as Tänak. Of course behind the wheel Ogier is very focused but out of the car he doesnt focus so much on little details. But they both are very similar, very determined and unbelievably hard workers. I have seen now that Tänak works on every little detail, he has his personal trainer, he is following his diet very very closely. It all starts from little things.

How did you come out of your low time this season?

By the way, for the first time in my career I had to use super-rally system, in five rallies! In fact, I could not finish two of these five - Corsica and Argentina. If you do not get a result in half a year, you will start to doubt. The only way to return is by concentrating and persuading yourself. First of all, I needed a top five result, so I got something to build on this result. But this requires faith. And it takes time.

Your renewal with Toyota was revealed only during the Welsh rally. Were you afraid that your contract would not be extended?

Of course. Spring was very scary time for me. If you had asked me before rally Finland, I would have replied to you that maybe I will not continue. After Kris Meeke's dismissal I was still behind him in the general standings. That was not the best time for me.

I thought then that now I'm next. Everyone has tough times, but the question is how long it lasts. Thinking of Thierry and Sebastien, Rally Finland's was a disaster for them, but in the Germany they were quik again. In Wales at one point it looked that Sebastien was out of the game but then he came back. However, this is the key to the world title. That the bad times dont last too long and you climb out of it quickly.

After Wales rally Citroën announced that Esapekka Lapp will be driving in their team besides Sebastien Ogier. Esapekka has said that Toyota he was no longer comfortable and the team did not pay enough attention to him. Do you agree? Do you also feel that Ott has attracted the attention of the entire team?

Personally, I have had the maximum team support, but I can not deny that when Ott arrived, things changed slightly. We knew that he was fast and the main focus now is more on him. This is a normal situation: if youre not the leading driver then less attention will be paid to you. Last year, we had no one that could compete on behalf of the world title. Now we have Ott. However, this isnt something new to me, since I've been teammates with Sebastien, but for Esapekka it was a completely new situation.

Do you already have a list of what changes have to be made on the car for next year?

We have already changed a few things before the last rally, and I am very happy about it. We tried to do everything in order to be completely satisfied with the car and I would be comfortable, but this journey has been long. Of course, there are still some nuances that should be corrected, but we say that the major changes have been made. And these have been important milestones.

What were these changes?

I can not tell you these details because this information is spreading very fast. Neuville will read this interview and put ideas behind his ear. However, I can say that we have hardly worked on the differentials. And, of course, on the suspension.

and now the Tommi part

Next year Toyota will have three leading-drivers - Tänak, Latvala and Meeke all want to win and to be World champions. Is it good if there is no number two and three in the team?

Latvala and Meeke are clever and experienced drivers and know how things are working. We had long discussions with them before signing about teamwork and how to succeed together. On the other hand, you never know how all this will fall out. I believe we can handle it. One of the reasons why I wanted Meeke myself - he is very famous in the rally world and especially in Europe. Rally fans love Meeke. He has many followers - the very first video where Meeke tested Toyota already got impressive number of viewers. So hiring Meeke is also a part of Toyota's reputation project design.

Do you want see to points or wins from Kris?

First of all points. Both Meeke and Latvala are at such a level that they can be on podium on every rally. But Ott can win every rally. So we can say that we have roles shared, we have the strongest and most experienced drivers, and a great opportunity to win both championships.
    We start with Monte Carlo rally and let's see what the situation will be, and then decide. However, Meeke's "best before" is running out. Also, Latvala has been in the series for a very long time and im not sure how long he will continue.

The experts are saying that the supertalent Kalle Rovanpera will be in Toyota in 2020 and Tänak will continue.

There is no contract with Rovanpera yet and no new agreement has been signed with Ott. Unfortunately, because I want both to be in Toyota for a long time. On the other hand, it's clear that the earlier contracts are signed the better, everyone would have a secure future, tensions down, and a team could focus on full-time work.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 16th November 2018 at 16:43.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

15. Likes: AL14 (16th November 2018),Allez Andruet (17th November 2018),AnttiL (16th November 2018),dimviii (17th November 2018),pantealex (16th November 2018),sonnybobiche (20th November 2018),steve.mandzij (16th November 2018),the sniper (17th November 2018),TWRC (17th November 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    some interesting bits in recent interviews with Tommi and Latvala in estonian media (at least for me)

ill start with Latvala

You have been in the same team with two title contenders, with Tänak and Ogier. How different they are?

Lets say Ogier doesnt focus so much on details as Tänak. Of course behind the wheel Ogier is very focused but out of the car he doesnt focus so much on little details. But they both are very similar, very determined and unbelievably hard workers. I have seen now that Tänak works on every little detail, he has his personal trainer, he is following his diet very very closely. It all starts from little things.

How did you come out of your low time this season?

By the way, for the first time in my career I had to use super-rally system, in five rallies! In fact, I could not finish two of these five - Corsica and Argentina. If you do not get a result in half a year, you will start to doubt. The only way to return is by concentrating and persuading yourself. First of all, I needed a top five result, so I got something to build on this result. But this requires faith. And it takes time.

Your renewal with Toyota was revealed only during the Welsh rally. Were you afraid that your contract would not be extended?

Of course. Spring was very scary time for me. If you had asked me before rally Finland, I would have replied to you that maybe I will not continue. After Kris Meeke's dismissal I was still behind him in the general standings. That was not the best time for me.

I thought then that now I'm next. Everyone has tough times, but the question is how long it lasts. Thinking of Thierry and Sebastien, Rally Finland's was a disaster for them, but in the Germany they were quik again. In Wales at one point it looked that Sebastien was out of the game but then he came back. However, this is the key to the world title. That the bad times dont last too long and you climb out of it quickly.

After Wales rally Citroën announced that Esapekka Lapp will be driving in their team besides Sebastien Ogier. Esapekka has said that Toyota he was no longer comfortable and the team did not pay enough attention to him. Do you agree? Do you also feel that Ott has attracted the attention of the entire team?

Personally, I have had the maximum team support, but I can not deny that when Ott arrived, things changed slightly. We knew that he was fast and the main focus now is more on him. This is a normal situation: if youre not the leading driver then less attention will be paid to you. Last year, we had no one that could compete on behalf of the world title. Now we have Ott. However, this isnt something new to me, since I've been teammates with Sebastien, but for Esapekka it was a completely new situation.

Do you already have a list of what changes have to be made on the car for next year?

We have already changed a few things before the last rally, and I am very happy about it. We tried to do everything in order to be completely satisfied with the car and I would be comfortable, but this journey has been long. Of course, there are still some nuances that should be corrected, but we say that the major changes have been made. And these have been important milestones.

What were these changes?

I can not tell you these details because this information is spreading very fast. Neuville will read this interview and put ideas behind his ear. However, I can say that we have hardly worked on the differentials. And, of course, on the suspension.

and now the Tommi part

Next year Toyota will have three leading-drivers - Tänak, Latvala and Meeke all want to win and to be World champions. Is it good if there is no number two and three in the team?

Latvala and Meeke are clever and experienced drivers and know how things are working. We had long discussions with them before signing about teamwork and how to succeed together. On the other hand, you never know how all this will fall out. I believe we can handle it. One of the reasons why I wanted Meeke myself - he is very famous in the rally world and especially in Europe. Rally fans love Meeke. He has many followers - the very first video where Meeke tested Toyota already got impressive number of viewers. So hiring Meeke is also a part of Toyota's reputation project design.

Do you want see to points or wins from Kris?

First of all points. Both Meeke and Latvala are at such a level that they can be on podium on every rally. But Ott can win every rally. So we can say that we have roles shared, we have the strongest and most experienced drivers, and a great opportunity to win both championships.
    We start with Monte Carlo rally and let's see what the situation will be, and then decide. However, Meeke's "best before" is running out. Also, Latvala has been in the series for a very long time and im not sure how long he will continue.

The experts are saying that the supertalent Kalle Rovanpera will be in Toyota in 2020 and Tänak will continue.

There is no contract with Rovanpera yet and no new agreement has been signed with Ott. Unfortunately, because I want both to be in Toyota for a long time. On the other hand, it's clear that the earlier contracts are signed the better, everyone would have a secure future, tensions down, and a team could focus on full-time work.
    Tommi's part is very interesting... it seems he didn't want Latvala to renew the contract in the first place.