Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2367
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Making money position.

2. Likes: AL14 (13th November 2018),sonnybobiche (20th November 2018),WRC1 (13th November 2018)
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    I don`t see motorsports selling cars TODAY, except racing. Maybe the brand itself, yes, but that`s also quite hard. People want SUVs, entertainment, economy, long warranty and a low monthly payment- when we aren`t talking about premium car. Also pretty hard to create cars for a petrolhead because of all the safety and eco demands. They all weigh a million because of many airbags and driveraids and cost a lot. Times when RS`s, STIs and Evos were popular from clubman events to grp n. are over, fun while it still lasts and hopefully the "oldtimers" are also maintained not only used and they`re around for some 10 years+.
    When I 1st started taking my 15 year daughter to the WRC, she turned to me and said the Hyundai's was her favorite car of the year. Whereas I probably carried favoritism from the 70's and 80's and would look to the Fords and not consider a Hyundai.
    Roll on 4 years and now she's just picked up a Hyundai I30N. Granted it is a fantastic car, but WRC had some influence as the only colour option she wanted was the rally blue or performance blue I think they call it. I also after watching the i20 for the last few years would have the I30n on a very short list next car change.
    My perception of Yaris has changed and even I was looking at the Yaris GRNM as a possible replacement for the Wife's car but they've all sold out.

The manufacturers don't seem to market on the back off the WRC these days. Fiesta St did get an M-Sport make over but nothing official. Its only the Yaris that is the same model that gets the full treatment.
    This is where i could see Hyundai being different and would imagine they'd do something on the back of a driver or manufacturers championship win.

Guess we are niche market these days or poor marketing.

4. Likes: Rally Power (13th November 2018),sonnybobiche (20th November 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlancer555 View Post
    When I 1st started taking my 15 year daughter to the WRC, she turned to me and said the Hyundai's was her favorite car of the year. Whereas I probably carried favoritism from the 70's and 80's and would look to the Fords and not consider a Hyundai.
    Roll on 4 years and now she's just picked up a Hyundai I30N. Granted it is a fantastic car, but WRC had some influence as the only colour option she wanted was the rally blue or performance blue I think they call it. I also after watching the i20 for the last few years would have the I30n on a very short list next car change.
    My perception of Yaris has changed and even I was looking at the Yaris GRNM as a possible replacement for the Wife's car but they've all sold out.

The manufacturers don't seem to market on the back off the WRC these days. Fiesta St did get an M-Sport make over but nothing official. Its only the Yaris that is the same model that gets the full treatment.
    This is where i could see Hyundai being different and would imagine they'd do something on the back of a driver or manufacturers championship win.

Now that's a cool rumor.. j/k. I remember the old days when we had the TME Evo and Carlos Sainz GT4. They should do more of that.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 13th November 2018 at 19:15.

6. Likes: pantealex (14th November 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlancer555 View Post
    Actually, that’s quite interesting. After reading your post I went to check the new F Type Rally YouTube video views and in just 2 days it has more than 25k; that’s quite impressive if we realize that in 13 monthes the i Pace electric racing car video has a total of 39k views.

Even more interesting is to realize that the WRC is the 3rd most popular motorsport series/events (2 wheels apart) in the social media, only (and largely) beaten by F1 and Nascar. The WRC is followed by the Dakar (also a bike and truck event), Le Mans/WEC and vacuum cleaner races (aka Formula E marketing sessions).

Yep, despite the huge (payed?) time and space in general and specialized media the FE has only one third of WRC Facebook likes and half of WRC Twitter followers. So, is Rallysport a niche market or is everybody being told to believe so?
    Last edited by Rally Power; 14th November 2018 at 00:38.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Actually, that’s quite interesting. After reading your post I went to check the new F Type Rally YouTube video views and in just 2 days it has more than 25m; that’s quite impressive if we realize that in 13 monthes the i Pace electric racing car video has a total of 39m views.

Even more interesting is to realize that the WRC is the 3rd most popular motorsport series/events (2 wheels apart) in the social media, only (and largely) beaten by F1 and Nascar. The WRC is followed by the Dakar (also a bike and truck event), Le Mans/WEC and vacuum cleaner races (aka Formula E marketing sessions).

Yep, despite the huge (payed?) time and space in general and specialized media the FE has only one third of WRC Facebook likes and half of WRC Twitter followers. So, is Rallysport a niche market or is everybody being told to believe so?
    Where did you find those video's? I'm seeing one with 26k...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

9. Likes: pantealex (14th November 2018)
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts

Even more interesting is to realize that the WRC is the 3rd most popular motorsport series/events (2 wheels apart) in the social media, only (and largely) beaten by F1 and Nascar.
    Where do you find information to support this claim?
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Where did you find those video's? I'm seeing one with 26k...
    The views numbers were correct; I just forgot to convert the Portuguese m for the English k. Now, it's 26k for the FType and 39k for the iPace. i Pace video here: https://youtu.be/MVOmNnK-6T8

Btw, FB and Twitter figures can be checked on the series/events official pages. In FB case the numbers will immediatly appear on the google search: WRC 2.561.405 likes; FE 886.926 likes.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 14th November 2018 at 01:04.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Yes but the FE social accounts have only been in existence for a third of the time the WRC ones have. It takes time to grow that following. That FE growth is very impressive.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Nicolas Gilsoul codriver of Neuville saying that their title winning change is 60% giving Ogier only 30% and Tanak 10%. Quite optimistic

Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakem View Post
    Nicolas Gilsoul codriver of Neuville saying that their title winning change is 60% giving Ogier only 30% and Tanak 10%. Quite optimistic
    Why are they obsessed with chance percentage? If it's to play "mind tricks" by showing they're confident, I doubt Ogier and Tanak give a damn about these fantasy percentages...

15. Likes: cali (16th November 2018),WRC1 (14th November 2018)