Page 185 of 237 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2367
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Autosport runs the story too: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...r-safari-rally

Open road stages to be replaced with closed SS. But I'll take that, happy if an African rally returns to the calendar.
    No problem with a closed stage as long as it's still a hundred or so kilometers long. Africa's really big.

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (23rd June 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    No problem with a closed stage as long as it's still a hundred or so kilometers long. Africa's really big.
    But Toyota have big issues for endurance. They will boycott the event

4. Likes: Gregor-y (22nd June 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Autosport runs the story too: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...r-safari-rally

Open road stages to be replaced with closed SS. But I'll take that, happy if an African rally returns to the calendar.
    Imagine AnttiK with open road stages!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    We just had an accident in ERC Cyprus Rally even though the stage was "closed". We don't want any more of that.

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    I want to be really cynical and nasty and point out that it's not the real Safari without open roads and helicopters and 6000km over a week. I want to, but I can't. I'm just too happy that the Promoter is finally willing to go back to Africa. What a win for the championship. It's been far too long.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think it would be the best for everyone just to call it ”WRC Rally Kenya”

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    How is the punishment incredibly harsh? If I understood correctly, they'll lose the points only if they'll repeat the same infringment over the course of the season, which is extremely unlikely to happen. The fine means close to nothing for Ogier, maybe a bit more for Lukyanuk. In Ogier's case, he went close to being forcibly excluded, and I'm sure he's very glad the penalty consists only in this.
    Maybe I misunderstood, but I read it as they will lose points if they have any more regulations violations.

Some countries still have idiotic laws from the past which are not enforced so if out highest legal system has leverage, so should this one.

It is not a competition in who can interpret the rules in the truest way to how FIA interpret them. It is a competition in who can be the quickest on the stages on equal terms. This is where the rules should be harsh, not for ridiculous things like time cards and a GoPro on your dashboard.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think it would be the best for everyone just to call it ”WRC Rally Kenya”
    Spot on.

11. Likes: sonnybobiche (24th June 2018)
    Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    It is not a competition in who can interpret the rules in the truest way to how FIA interpret them. It is a competition in who can be the quickest on the stages on equal terms. This is where the rules should be harsh, not for ridiculous things like time cards and a GoPro on your dashboard.
    You make it sound like excluding a driver for not having his time card is some obscure mean hidden deep inside the regulations that no one knows about, when in reality it's very simple. If right now in Ypres Rally, Princen or Cronin would forget their time card at a time control, they'd be excluded, period. The reason why we very rarely see something like that, it's because it's a silly and stupid mistake that codrivers rarely make.
    And this would have happened to Ogier in Sardinia as well, if it wasn't for Tanak. Thanks to him, stewards decided to give this "half penalty" to Ogier and grace him.
    I don't know enough about what Lukyanuk did, so I can't say anything about his case.

13. Likes: Rally Power (28th June 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    If right now in Ypres Rally, Princen or Cronin would forget their time card at a time control, they'd be excluded, period.
    There is no such rule in FIA regulations. The time card is only to have at next TC. Please stop speculating about this, it was already discussed thorough in Sardegna thread.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI