Page 158 of 237 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2367
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Who's next, Paddon & Latvala.

2. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2018)
    Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    This is huge, they are basically giving up their best chance of winning rallies. On the other hand they are probably saving some money. Will be interesting to follow what direction the team will take as I think this is either the beginning of the end or the start of a big shake-up to reorganize the team for next year.

4. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2018),the sniper (24th May 2018)
    YOU still Believe that they will compete for the rest of the season or in next years.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Hopefully they'll now let Craig do Spain too. And I guess Ostberg will be there 'till the end of the year. As for next season, if things don't pan out for the Kiwi, maybe Citroën will take him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

7. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2018)
    With that kind of approach, no testing days, don't listening to drivers, stupid decisions, constantly reorganizing inside the team and with resources from cheap arabs who by the way have all the money from the world and still don't want to give any I don't think that there is a place to be, even for drivers who will lose their seats at current teams.

This crash from Portugal for the car number 10 made me realize that these guys out there have huge luck escaping with no serious injuries. How could that car can so easily break roll cage. Sure it's not indestructible but have they not go through safety inspection at all? Citroen is now cowardly axed Meeke out so they don't cause a fatal accident by poor made car together. I said a while ago, they don't care at all... Breen get the f*** out already...

9. Likes: KKS (25th May 2018)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    With that kind of approach, no testing days, don't listening to drivers, stupid decisions, constantly reorganizing inside the team and with resources from cheap arabs who by the way have all the money from the world and still don't want to give any I don't think that there is a place to be, even for drivers who will lose their seats at current teams.

This crash from Portugal for the car number 10 made me realize that these guys out there have huge luck escaping with no serious injuries. How could that car can so easily break roll cage. Sure it's not indestructible but have they not go through safety inspection at all? Citroen is now cowardly axed Meeke out so they don't cause a fatal accident by poor made car together. I said a while ago, they don't care at all... Breen get the f*** out already...
    What's with all this anti-Arab talk... there wouldn't be a (Citroen) Team at all without their money.

And that's rubbish about the car - Meeke was the first to say that the car saved their lives and the roll-cage did its job.

KM: "Of course, you’ll have seen the pictures of our C3 WRC after the crash last weekend and the damage didn’t look too pretty. That’s led to a bit of an over-reaction from the wider rallying community, I’d say, because it probably ended up looking more serious than it really was.

It was my mistake, I know, and we went just that little bit too wide and then into the trees. And any accident where a rally car has an impact with trees has the potential to be serious. But in fact, the ‘scale’ of the crash wasn’t really any more than, say, Sebastien Loeb’s off in Corsica.

Citroen Racing builds a strong rally car; I know that and I have total faith in the team. And that trust was proven correct in Portugal because the roll cage did exactly what it was supposed to do - dissipate the energy of the impact, and keep Paul and I safe."
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 24th May 2018 at 19:22.
    #M-SPORTER

11. Likes: WRC1 (24th May 2018)
    Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Citroen is done. The car can't be fixed. Solving last year's issues, creates new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    What's with all this anti-Arab talk... there wouldn't be a (Citroen) Team at all without their money.

And that's rubbish about the car - Meeke was the first to say that the car saved their lives and the roll-cage did its job.

KM: "Of course, you’ll have seen the pictures of our C3 WRC after the crash last weekend and the damage didn’t look too pretty. That’s led to a bit of an over-reaction from the wider rallying community, I’d say, because it probably ended up looking more serious than it really was.

It was my mistake, I know, and we went just that little bit too wide and then into the trees. And any accident where a rally car has an impact with trees has the potential to be serious. But in fact, the ‘scale’ of the crash wasn’t really any more than, say, Sebastien Loeb’s off in Corsica.

Citroen Racing builds a strong rally car; I know that and I have total faith in the team. And that trust was proven correct in Portugal because the roll cage did exactly what it was supposed to do - dissipate the energy of the impact, and keep Paul and I safe."
    And you would believe that crap. If your bosses would breathe on your neck you would say that too. Marketing man, marketing.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    This is a vulnerable spot for all rallycars (and other chassis based racing cars) in these kind of crashes. The safety of this car has been tested in competition by Meeke himself several times. So try not to see ghosts where there aren`t any..
    Last edited by Tarmop; 24th May 2018 at 21:19.

15. Likes: cali (25th May 2018),Mirek (24th May 2018),pantealex (25th May 2018),TWRC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Wait wasn't Loeb nearly leading at both rallies he contested in this so called piece of $hit (insert a country you hate) car? Let's be honest. If you worked for me and crashed eleventeen chassis worth a million I would gladly can your ass. I will not wait until the end of the year. You all would seriously keep Meeke on the team if that was your money? I mean he's not destroying suspension or minor impacts. He's DeeFugginStroying chassis. I like Meeke and respect his skill, but he has made way too many mistakes. He needs to rethink his approach and come back for another team, but this might be it.

17. Likes: cali (25th May 2018),gorganl2000 (25th May 2018),JTGANG (25th May 2018),pantealex (25th May 2018),Rally Power (25th May 2018),seb_sh (25th May 2018),WUff1 (25th May 2018)