Page 177 of 216 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2153
  1. #1761
    Senior Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    458
    Like
    359
    Liked 554 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I also think Paddon is lacking the pace we would expect. In Sardegna he was taking it easy because of the Portugal injuries?
    He was winning stages and leading the rally at times in Portugal so obviously not lacking pace there.

    He did seem to be taking it gently on the jumps and rougher stuff in Sardegna which may be injury related, but also Friday conditions weren't good for his late road position with the mud, and then 3rd on the road when it was dry on Saturday probably wasn't likely to produce top times either - just the way it goes with conditions sometimes. A few different factors, small amounts of time that all add up.

  2. Likes: AnttiL (13th June 2018),pantealex (13th June 2018),TWRC (13th June 2018)
  3. #1762
    Senior Member KiwiWRCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    469
    Like
    108
    Liked 364 Times in 167 Posts

    More events and less test days

    German rally website suggests 14 events likely in 2019 #WRC calendar.
    Test days for each team could be reduced from 55 days to 30 days per year https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...ttage-geplant/
    Check my twitter feed @ https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan
    Growing old is a physiological certainty. Growing up is a psychological option.

  4. #1763
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,450
    Like
    108
    Liked 580 Times in 281 Posts
    Why are the regulations so anti-testing in the top end of the motorsport? The teams would spend that money anyway trying to find the extra advantage. Be it simulations or whatever ways they'll find
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

  5. Likes: sonnybobiche (13th June 2018)
  6. #1764
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    pussy
    Posts
    552
    Like
    0
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Why are the regulations so anti-testing in the top end of the motorsport? The teams would spend that money anyway trying to find the extra advantage. Be it simulations or whatever ways they'll find
    Yeah like citroen does have any at all? haha

  7. #1765
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,134
    Like
    979
    Liked 658 Times in 313 Posts
    Budar said for next year Citroen will have a 1st driver capable winning on any surface.

    I can't see Neuville or Tanak going there, and don't see why Ogier would go back unless he's given a mammoth salary and is really eyeing to win the championship with 3 different manufacturers.

    Paddon is not a driver who can win on any surface.

  8. #1766
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,849
    Like
    174
    Liked 1,892 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Paddon is not a driver who can win on any surface.
    Paddon is not "winning driver". He is on same level like Breen or Ostberg.

  9. Likes: Allez Andruet (13th June 2018),AnttiL (13th June 2018),itix (20th June 2018),N.O.T (14th June 2018)
  10. #1767
    Senior Member nafpaktos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nafpaktos,Greece
    Posts
    852
    Like
    555
    Liked 200 Times in 124 Posts
    I think ostberg is a little bit worse compared to the other two you mentioned,plus he has already reached his full potential.The other two i think have space for improvement.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

  11. Likes: dimviii (13th June 2018),pantealex (13th June 2018),RS (13th June 2018),TWRC (13th June 2018)
  12. #1768
    Senior Member Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    539
    Like
    0
    Liked 376 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    I think ostberg is a little bit worse compared to the other two you mentioned,plus he has already reached his full potential.The other two i think have space for improvement.
    Breen probably Paddon, I'm not sure. It's quite amazing that we have so many bipolar drivers in Paddon, Mikkelsen, Ostberg, Latvala and Evans at the moment. One moment they look proper quick, the next you're really disappointed.

  13. Likes: itix (20th June 2018)
  14. #1769
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    4,921
    Like
    2,092
    Liked 4,172 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Budar said for next year Citroen will have a 1st driver capable winning on any surface.

    I can't see Neuville or Tanak going there, and don't see why Ogier would go back unless he's given a mammoth salary and is really eyeing to win the championship with 3 different manufacturers.

    Paddon is not a driver who can win on any surface.
    i have missed this, where did he say that?
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

  15. #1770
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,644
    Like
    445
    Liked 412 Times in 226 Posts
    Maybe Lappi is the man. Then they get a man on his way up. If they want a more secure solution, Latvala as a clear number one, is still a winner imo.
    www.parcferme.no

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •