Page 86 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanremo View Post
    Unfortunatly it looks like night stages will not be included in 2018 route, especially considering they represent the sport at its best. It's just disappointing when the day comes to an end at 5 pm. Last year GB night stages were the cherry on the pie.
    I know that night stages are not so good for promotion and should be "disaster" for live coverage, but they always have been important part of rallysport...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (8th February 2018),AnttiL (8th February 2018),NoFear85 (8th February 2018),WRC1 (8th February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I know that night stages are not so good for promotion and should be "disaster" for live coverage, but they always have been important part of rallysport...
    Agreed, and they were crucial for last year's Wales and this year's Monte. Too bad we cannot have them in Finland because it doesn't get dark enough in July until the wee hours...

4. Likes: Sanremo (8th February 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Perhaps Evans didn’t quote everything, but Mr. Tavares words in that article don’t make any special mention to rally; he only says Opel will, in due time, be able to get a motorsport program, like all PSA brands.

Before knowing if Citroen can fix the C3 and continue beyond 2019 (Tavares already told the program is for 3 to 5 years), it makes little sense to insist Citroen will be replaced in the WRC by Peugeot, Opel, DS or Vauxhall…

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Even reading between the lines he was clearly hinting that we would have Opel take all the risks with e-mobility and see how the market would react, while Peugeot and Citroen stay in relatively safe territory with small electric and petrol hybrid cars.
    The future 208 will be launched in 2019 with a full electric version and some other Peugeot, Citroen and DS models will get electric very soon. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...a-ev-push-2018
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Canada wants to join the WRC come 2023, the layout of the plan ahead is in the link:
    http://rallypromoter.ca/about/
    I dont know if it is necessary to bring WRC to every continent. If there is no proper local rally scene...

7. Likes: focus206 (8th February 2018),Sanremo (8th February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Well that's manus decisions and money. No matter how big scene is somewhere always there is someone with bag of money and personal interests.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Perhaps Evans didn’t quote everything, but Mr. Tavares words in that article don’t make any special mention to rally; he only says Opel will, in due time, be able to get a motorsport program, like all PSA brands.

Before knowing if Citroen can fix the C3 and continue beyond 2019 (Tavares already told the program is for 3 to 5 years), it makes little sense to insist Citroen will be replaced in the WRC by Peugeot, Opel, DS or Vauxhall…

The future 208 will be launched in 2019 with a full electric version and some other Peugeot, Citroen and DS models will get electric very soon. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...a-ev-push-2018
    Every manu will have electric versions, its good for the CO2 fleet requirements. However those serious about it are making proper one offs alongside hybrids

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I'd prefer to see Peugeot replace Citroen in the WRC; Peugeot now have some nice performance cars, especially the 308 GTi. Citroen have done very little (apart from a DS3 Racing) in regards to performance cars during their WRC programme; an absolute waste.

As for RallyGB, well it's one step forwards, and two steps back. Traditionally a late autumn/ early winter event, it's now early October, and seemingly will have no night stages this year. It's meant to be a tough test for the crews; it's all well and good benefitting from the 'closed roads', but if you make a less challenging route, then is it really worth it?
    I agree with an earlier poster who would like to see Thursday night stages, which are possibly repeated on the Sunday. I'd also like to see to long days on the Friday & Saturday.
    As far as I'm concerned, the decision to move the event to early October could be a major downside since the probable lack of muddy/foggy conditions like in 2012 (even if at the time it was held in September). Fixed or similar calendar slots should be granted to rounds whose challenging nature is defined by weather conditions (Monte Carlo, GB,...). This way it would be more likely to have the proper conditions.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (9th February 2018)
    Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    You're right, night stages could be a disaster for live coverage but there should be no excuses for skipping them in daily recaps, since they use a recorded footage. I remember of Spain night stages in 2013 to be shown for barely 10 seconds in the highlights. It seems they are not even bothering. The video below shows them that it's possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q93_dEYLLk

At least ALL LIVE is a step forward in all ways.

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Re Opel into WRC... I think its a possibility if only because the brand needs a huge boost. It really needs something to help get it seen again and seen as something cool to own/drive.

PSA appears to be looking more to the comfort-based and luxury market with its French road cars. Opel could be their new 'sporty' brand.

14. Likes: electroliquid (9th February 2018)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    I just don't understand their thinking; the last 3 weekends have seen Sportscar races with plenty of night racing......Nobody there is calling for the end of night racing....it adds to the sport.
    The decision makers in rallying are detached from reality; Endurance & Night stages seem to go against their view of the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: Sanremo (9th February 2018)