Page 219 of 221 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2202
    Liked 1,004 Times in 546 Posts
    If Lappi goes to Citroën I think the chance of Meeke going to Toyota is quite high (50%). As I wrote before I don't think they need to use money on any test. Since they know exactly what they are getting and he is not in position to demand anything and there is No doubt that Yaris is fast.

It all depeneds on how much risk they want to take. It can turn out very well with Meeke "stabilizing" without pressure on him, or it could implode completely and he could start crashing when Tänak is much faster than him and also cause Latvala to start to crash cause he tries to match Meeke's stagetimes between crashes.

In both cases PR coverage, specially in the UK, is quaranteed. Possible crash expenses are imo not a problem for Toyota (might be for Tommi), it's the title(s) that are at stake. Maybe if Toyota get both titles this year (or look set to get them) they might be more willing to go for it.

Liked 2,545 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Kalle Rovanperä 18 years old today, finally allowed to drive everywhere(?) in the world

3. Likes: cali (1st October 2018),Micke_VOC (3rd October 2018),Mirek (7th October 2018),pantealex (1st October 2018),Sulland (11th October 2018),TWRC (1st October 2018),WRC1 (1st October 2018)
    Liked 196 Times in 91 Posts
    I think so. Sometimes it should be difficult to find a rental car company who allows him to rent a car, but as Skoda has its own recce cars there shouldn´t be any problem at all.

Liked 150 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    If Lappi goes to Citroën I think the chance of Meeke going to Toyota is quite high (50%). As I wrote before I don't think they need to use money on any test. Since they know exactly what they are getting and he is not in position to demand anything and there is No doubt that Yaris is fast.

It all depeneds on how much risk they want to take. It can turn out very well with Meeke "stabilizing" without pressure on him, or it could implode completely and he could start crashing when Tänak is much faster than him and also cause Latvala to start to crash cause he tries to match Meeke's stagetimes between crashes.

In both cases PR coverage, specially in the UK, is quaranteed. Possible crash expenses are imo not a problem for Toyota (might be for Tommi), it's the title(s) that are at stake. Maybe if Toyota get both titles this year (or look set to get them) they might be more willing to go for it.
    Stfu and leave the important decisions to those that know the business.

6. Likes: pantealex (1st October 2018)
    Liked 1,920 Times in 820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Stfu and leave the important decisions to those that know the business.
    Don't talk like that. There is no need.

8. Likes: AnttiL (2nd October 2018),BleAivano (7th October 2018),Mirek (2nd October 2018),nafpaktos (5th October 2018),Rally Power (3rd October 2018),turves (2nd October 2018),TWRC (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 412 Times in 189 Posts
    Yes it's not over for Ogier & Tänak ... but Neuville could be 2018 #WRC Champion in @RallyRACC : explications ► bit.ly/2y5mDe6

Liked 4,355 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21 View Post
    Yes it's not over for Ogier & Tänak ... but Neuville could be 2018 #WRC Champion in @RallyRACC : explications ► bit.ly/2y5mDe6
    Well for Ogier it is definitely not over, but it looks more theoretical for Ott but im still positive and hopeful.

some guy in estonian forum did some maths (of course from Tänaks perspective)

Spain
    Tänak 25+5
    Ogier 18+4
    Neuville 15+3

Australia
    Tänak 25+5
    Ogier 18+4
    Neuville 15+3

in the end Tänak 228, Ogier 226, Neuville 225.

the bottom line is that Tänak has to definitely win the last 2 rounds and power stages and even then he wont win if Neuville finishes second on both rallies. Thierry holds the aces.

but nothing is over until it is over...this season just keeps delivering.
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

11. Likes: AnttiL (7th October 2018),pantealex (8th October 2018),steve.mandzij (7th October 2018)
    Liked 246 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21 View Post
    Even if Ogier were to score 0 in Spain, it would be very difficult for Neuville to win the title there, considering the sweeping in the first day and how poor Hyundai is faring on tarmac.
    In my opinion, it's Ogier who holds the aces: 2 good rallies and he is the champion again, Neuville will have a hard time in Spain. If Ogier doesn't have troubles in the last 2 rounds, it will be hard for Neuville to be champion on speed alone. Troubles can affect anyone, though.

Liked 9,202 Times in 4,210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Even if Ogier were to score 0 in Spain, it would be very difficult for Neuville to win the title there, considering the sweeping in the first day and how poor Hyundai is faring on tarmac.
    In my opinion, it's Ogier who holds the aces: 2 good rallies and he is the champion again, Neuville will have a hard time in Spain. If Ogier doesn't have troubles in the last 2 rounds, it will be hard for Neuville to be champion on speed alone. Troubles can affect anyone, though.
    If Ogier wins in Spain he has to open the road at Australia.Not so easy for him too.

14. Likes: pantealex (8th October 2018)
    Liked 374 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I'm hesitant to consider the title firmly in Ogier's hands, but Neuville flopped at the end of last year (so did the car, yes), and the same is happening now.

This is an extremely difficult championship to call; on speed alone, Tanak should take the title, and he could, but winning another two rallies in a row is no easy task, and the Yaris needs to hold up this time.

The Fiesta is reliable, generally, and while he can't beat Tanak in a straight fight in that car he could surely brush off the nuisance and beat Neuville, so long as Tanak doesn't steal his valuable win points.

As for Neuville, he's still so prone to mistakes that I could definitely see the title slip from his hands come Australia; that i20 is also a box of chocolates when it comes to reliability and it's looking like the slowest car of the bunch.

Speaking of which, has Neuville made any rally ending mistakes this year?

16. Likes: dnb (8th October 2018)