Page 148 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2367
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    for sure Rovanpera has potential.
    But at current phase he has a long road yet to wrc
    Asphalt pace has to improove a lot.
    I want to see him to be fast and win and in other rallies,except Finland like gravel/stages.
    Argentina was his first ''real'' outing for me and his pace was good,even Tidemand wasnt at full attack due to team orders as he said.

2. Likes: cali (17th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    for sure Rovanpera has potential.
    But at current phase he has a long road yet to wrc
    Asphalt pace has to improove a lot.
    I want to see him to be fast and win and in other rallies,except Finland like gravel/stages.
    Argentina was his first ''real'' outing for me and his pace was good,even Tidemand wasnt at full attack due to team orders as he said.
    He is infact doing a tarmac event in less than 2 weeks, he did so aswell last year with a piece of shit car also know as Peugeot 206 R5 in Italy.
    And Tidemand's words him saying he wasn't in "full attack" - Do you really believe him? To me it sounded like a bad excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    He is infact doing a tarmac event in less than 2 weeks, he did so aswell last year with a piece of shit car also know as Peugeot 206 R5 in Italy.
    this shit car was the champion car at Italy.From same team too.
    And Tidemand's words him saying he wasn't in "full attack" - Do you really believe him? To me it sounded like a bad excuse.
    to me it didnt sounded like a bad excuse.
    Tidemand said that officially at day 2 last stage.
    At 3rd day they started with the gap at 23,2 sec for Rovanpera.After 1st stage Tidemand took 13,3 sec at 16,4 km ,and the gap went to 9,9 sec with 2 more stages and 39 stage km to the end.
    At next stage Rovanpera crashed...

5. Likes: cali (17th May 2018),focus206 (16th May 2018),Micke_VOC (16th May 2018),steve.mandzij (16th May 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    You can find those unnamed drivers from your homeland for instance. I`m comparing his results compared to others in national events. He has been beaten fair and square by hobby-drivers in equal machinery, atleast one has been an Academy driver, almost won the title and then didn`t find the resources.
    So they have shown nothing close to Rovanperä.

Sorry but this talking about someone somewhere having more potential is bollocks. Simply the guys come and show something like Rovanperä did (I have never claimed he is the best driver around) or there is no point talking that someone like that exists somewhere. For sure there is a few guys around who can be superfast and they will never get the chance to prove that. Hell I'm sure there is a guy on this earth who could be faster than Loeb and Ogier combined but maybe he doesn't even have a driving licence. So what? How is that even a topic? It's very clear that 99% of those guys will never make it anywhere.
    Last edited by Mirek; 16th May 2018 at 19:23.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: cali (17th May 2018),Essaj (16th May 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    this shit car was the champion car at Italy.From same team too.
    Well Andreucci is one of the only drivers to make T16 to work for them. Many others have struggled and been no where with it.

Tidemand said that officially at day 2 last stage.
    At 3rd day they started with the gap at 23,2 sec for Rovanpera.After 1st stage Tidemand took 13,3 sec at 16,4 km ,and the gap went to 9,9 sec with 2 more stages and 39 stage km to the end.
    At next stage Rovanpera crashed...
    You can believe what you want but Argentina is now 3rd rally Kalle and Pontus have driven against each other.
    In the first one, Kalle was debuting with R5 and only Kalle's puncture saved Pontus there. in Mexico Kalle was unlucky at the start with the rock in the compression but they were driving equal pace for the rest of the rally, okay propably both with a safe pace.
    Argentina you can make what you want but IMO they were both pushing but Kalle's mistake ruined the fight but like lets say Latvala wouldnt have done, he admitted that it was purely his own mistake (which to me is a good sign)

Pontus is in stage of his career in which he needs to prove his dominance in WRC2 to have a any change to step up to WRC. Losing to Katsuta in Sweden (Pirelli vs Michelin, I know) and struggling against unexperienced 17yo teammate aint what he needs and quickly drops him out of the possible WRC seat.

Currently it seems that if Skoda gives a change for Kopecky to take the title he is the #1 contender for it.

Currently it seems that if Skoda gives a change for Kopecky to take the title he is the #1 contender for it.
    This is all in the hands of the team. If they send Tidemand to all asphalt events against Kopecký he may not win the title but if they send him to distant gravel events he will win the title easily and Kopecký could not do anything about it. In fact in most of the scenarios Tidemand has better chances even if they give Kopecký enough events. He is not in such a situation like in 2015 when he would likely win the title easily if he was given the chance.

10. Likes: pantealex (17th May 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    So they have shown nothing close to Rovanperä.

Sorry but this talking about someone somewhere having more potential is bollocks. Simply the guys come and show something like Rovanperä did (I have never claimed he is the best driver around) or there is no point talking that someone like that exists somewhere. For sure there is a few guys around who can be superfast and they will never get the chance to prove that. Hell I'm sure there is a guy on this earth who could be faster than Loeb and Ogier combined but maybe he doesn't even have a driving licence. So what? How is that even a topic? It's very clear that 99% of those guys will never make it anywhere.
    But that is the exact thing you are doing. The best available equipment in every class, behind the wheel since could walk, some RB commercials and we have something the world hasn`t seen, miracle...dare to claim otherwise. Yes, i do give him that he has some good results in lower levels, great pace, not always realized until the end With big money you can do everything, again many examples and unnamed drivers...hopefully easy for everyone to name them...Especially painful topic in top level rallying.

All in all, the point is, that after a few WRC2 starts people already want to replace Latvala with him, in a team, with a mission to get the manu. title.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 16th May 2018 at 19:45.

Well Andreucci is one of the only drivers to make T16 to work for them. Many others have struggled and been no where with it.
    he was at SAME team that have made this shit car worked.
    Andreucci wasnt the only one faster from Rovanpera.Plenty Itallians too.At gravel too.

You can believe what you want .
    of course you can believe that Rovanperas crash hasnt to do that at stage 1 Tidemand took 13 sec from 23 he had builded at 2 days,and was just an unlucky moment.

13. Likes: cali (17th May 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    All in all, the point is, that after a few WRC2 starts people already want to replace Latvala with him, in a team, with a mission to get the manu. title.
    You want to replace him with someone about whom nobody ever heard. How is that a better idea? Of course Rovanperä is not yet ready for WRC car but talking about some unnamed guys from the street having better potential than him is laughable. Those guys from the street have way more to prove than Rovanperä.
    Last edited by Mirek; 16th May 2018 at 19:59.

15. Likes: pantealex (17th May 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Skoda is a factory team, he also drove tests for Toyota in 2016. But yeah rich daddy and his deep pockets
    Kalle is in Skoda mainly because of money...