Page 118 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2153
  1. #1171
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    20,139
    Like
    407
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salamaja View Post
    finally some great news...
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

  2. #1172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    19,157
    Like
    6,092
    Liked 9,052 Times in 4,156 Posts
    Barritt suffered concussion during the pair’s sixth-gear roll at Rally Guanajuato Mexico earlier this month. After hospital checks, he was advised not to continue and the pair retired their M-Sport Ford Fiesta.
    He has since been recuperating at home in Britain and experienced co-driver Stuart Loudon partnered Evans for the Welshman’s two-day test on the Mediterranean island roads which started yesterday (Monday).
    Barritt will undergo a medical examination ahead of the Corsican event to check his fitness, but M-Sport is confident he will be given the green light for the fourth round of the FIA World Rally Championship.
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march...8--12-12-.html

  3. #1173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    211
    Like
    1,119
    Liked 253 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salamaja View Post
    Wow. It finally makes sense. The teams have literally been paying these "journalists" the whole time to ensure nothing bad is ever said about anything the teams do. No wonder everything they say is pure fluff, especially Becs Williams. I know everyone here likes her, but I don't. To me, she's represents everything wrong with WRC reporting.

    And the promoter sidelining Colin Clark? A guy who has the temerity to actually say something interesting once in a while on his own YouTube channel? Pathetic. Pathetic, and very bad for the sport. Bernie never sidelined Ted Kravitz because he asked a tough questions once in a while. Oliver Ciesla must have a very, very fragile ego.

    That said, I've never been happy with the coverage on WRC Radio. 99% of it is Becs making puns, talking about the weather, giving split times, or apologising because we couldn't hear the stage end interview because the equipment isn't working.

    Your only job is to keep the audience interested. If you can't do that because Ciesla is swinging the sword of Damocles over your head, resign and go work for Red Bull TV. Mike Chen and co have been doing really great stuff over there without fear of upsetting some vain idiot. I've been going back after each rally and watching the RBTV coverage and, frankly, it's still better than anything All Live has done since Monte.

  4. Likes: AndyRAC (21st March 2018)
  5. #1174
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,732
    Like
    1,950
    Liked 4,450 Times in 2,375 Posts
    EXCITING NEW-LOOK ROUTE FOR 2018 DAYINSURE WALES RALLY GB

    This year's Dayinsure Wales Rally GB (4-7 October) will feature an exciting new-look route and a shift of focus to the forests and venues of north Wales.

    Click to read more ➡️*https://t.co/cQbBCvy2rF

    #WRGB #WRC https://t.co/vsgH1Cd7XC

  6. Likes: AnttiL (21st March 2018),Eli (21st March 2018)
  7. #1175
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    21
    Like
    17
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    EXCITING NEW-LOOK ROUTE FOR 2018 DAYINSURE WALES RALLY GB

    This year's Dayinsure Wales Rally GB (4-7 October) will feature an exciting new-look route and a shift of focus to the forests and venues of north Wales.

    Click to read more ➡️*https://t.co/cQbBCvy2rF

    #WRGB #WRC https://t.co/vsgH1Cd7XC
    For us itís our fist Wales Rally GB. Is Betws-y-Coed a good spot for an accommodation? The stages on Saturday around Aberystwyth are a bit far away from Betws-y-Coed. But Thursday, Friday and Sunday should be ok? What do the experts say?

  8. #1176
    Senior Member AL14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Like
    1,780
    Liked 1,864 Times in 801 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Wow. It finally makes sense. The teams have literally been paying these "journalists" the whole time to ensure nothing bad is ever said about anything the teams do. No wonder everything they say is pure fluff, especially Becs Williams. I know everyone here likes her, but I don't. To me, she's represents everything wrong with WRC reporting.

    And the promoter sidelining Colin Clark? A guy who has the temerity to actually say something interesting once in a while on his own YouTube channel? Pathetic. Pathetic, and very bad for the sport. Bernie never sidelined Ted Kravitz because he asked a tough questions once in a while. Oliver Ciesla must have a very, very fragile ego.

    That said, I've never been happy with the coverage on WRC Radio. 99% of it is Becs making puns, talking about the weather, giving split times, or apologising because we couldn't hear the stage end interview because the equipment isn't working.

    Your only job is to keep the audience interested. If you can't do that because Ciesla is swinging the sword of Damocles over your head, resign and go work for Red Bull TV. Mike Chen and co have been doing really great stuff over there without fear of upsetting some vain idiot. I've been going back after each rally and watching the RBTV coverage and, frankly, it's still better than anything All Live has done since Monte.
    I find her a nice person and enjoyable to listen to but I admit that I can't disagree with you when you say "The teams have literally been paying these "journalists" the whole time to ensure nothing bad is ever said about anything the teams do. No wonder everything they say is pure fluff."

    I would not blame Becs and Colin too much though, everyone in their shoes would have done the same... It's this system that is pure cancer. Promoter should have done different if they want the sport to be told in a proper and effective way.
    Maybe I was naive but I was sure that they were too "kind" with drivers and teams to ensure their collaboration with them, not because they were literally paid by the teams. That's not journalism, that's press office...

  9. Likes: dnb (23rd March 2018),N.O.T (21st March 2018),salamaja (22nd March 2018),sonnybobiche (21st March 2018)
  10. #1177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,177
    Like
    484
    Liked 1,957 Times in 807 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    For us it’s our fist Wales Rally GB. Is Betws-y-Coed a good spot for an accommodation? The stages on Saturday around Aberystwyth are a bit far away from Betws-y-Coed. But Thursday, Friday and Sunday should be ok? What do the experts say?
    Yeah seems like a good shout to me. A bit hard to say without seeing the route in full. But that should put you in position for Shakedown (probably), Penmachno (if that runs) and anything around Brenig/Alwen etc. You're never going to get a perfect location for all four days so you just have to make the best compromise.

    We should know more in April. This pre-press release press release is the new strategy now it seems.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  11. Likes: bearclaw (21st March 2018)
  12. #1178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Timaru NZ
    Posts
    303
    Like
    62
    Liked 179 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salamaja View Post
    For those in Europe that can sit in front of a screen all day then WRC+ is quite a good option, but for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere tucked up in our beds at night then Rally Radio takes the place of computer screen. With your I Phone headset on you don't wake the wife and all is at peace in the household

  13. Likes: Maui J. (23rd March 2018),steve.mandzij (22nd March 2018)
  14. #1179
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    20,139
    Like
    407
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    For those in Europe that can sit in front of a screen all day then WRC+ is quite a good option, but for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere tucked up in our beds at night then Rally Radio takes the place of computer screen. With your I Phone headset on you don't wake the wife and all is at peace in the household
    get a laptop.
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

  15. Likes: WRC1 (22nd March 2018)
  16. #1180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    340
    Like
    32
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    get a laptop.
    Yep, great idea.
    lappocket1.jpg

  17. Likes: dimviii (22nd March 2018),dnb (23rd March 2018),gorganl2000 (22nd March 2018),pantealex (22nd March 2018),Rally Power (22nd March 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •