Page 218 of 237 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2367
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21 View Post
    Yes it's not over for Ogier & Tänak ... but Neuville could be 2018 #WRC Champion in @RallyRACC : explications ► bit.ly/2y5mDe6
    Even if Ogier were to score 0 in Spain, it would be very difficult for Neuville to win the title there, considering the sweeping in the first day and how poor Hyundai is faring on tarmac.
    In my opinion, it's Ogier who holds the aces: 2 good rallies and he is the champion again, Neuville will have a hard time in Spain. If Ogier doesn't have troubles in the last 2 rounds, it will be hard for Neuville to be champion on speed alone. Troubles can affect anyone, though.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Even if Ogier were to score 0 in Spain, it would be very difficult for Neuville to win the title there, considering the sweeping in the first day and how poor Hyundai is faring on tarmac.
    In my opinion, it's Ogier who holds the aces: 2 good rallies and he is the champion again, Neuville will have a hard time in Spain. If Ogier doesn't have troubles in the last 2 rounds, it will be hard for Neuville to be champion on speed alone. Troubles can affect anyone, though.
    If Ogier wins in Spain he has to open the road at Australia.Not so easy for him too.

3. Likes: pantealex (8th October 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    I'm hesitant to consider the title firmly in Ogier's hands, but Neuville flopped at the end of last year (so did the car, yes), and the same is happening now.

This is an extremely difficult championship to call; on speed alone, Tanak should take the title, and he could, but winning another two rallies in a row is no easy task, and the Yaris needs to hold up this time.

The Fiesta is reliable, generally, and while he can't beat Tanak in a straight fight in that car he could surely brush off the nuisance and beat Neuville, so long as Tanak doesn't steal his valuable win points.

As for Neuville, he's still so prone to mistakes that I could definitely see the title slip from his hands come Australia; that i20 is also a box of chocolates when it comes to reliability and it's looking like the slowest car of the bunch.

Speaking of which, has Neuville made any rally ending mistakes this year?

5. Likes: dnb (8th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    If Ogier wins in Spain he has to open the road at Australia.Not so easy for him too.
    That's true. But in Spain Ogier can potentially open a gap in the the standings that Neuville won't be able to fill even with a victory in Australia. I see it much more critical for Neuville in Spain than for Ogier in Australia, if he opens the road.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I'm hesitant to consider the title firmly in Ogier's hands, but Neuville flopped at the end of last year (so did the car, yes), and the same is happening now.

This is an extremely difficult championship to call; on speed alone, Tanak should take the title, and he could, but winning another two rallies in a row is no easy task, and the Yaris needs to hold up this time.

The Fiesta is reliable, generally, and while he can't beat Tanak in a straight fight in that car he could surely brush off the nuisance and beat Neuville, so long as Tanak doesn't steal his valuable win points.

As for Neuville, he's still so prone to mistakes that I could definitely see the title slip from his hands come Australia; that i20 is also a box of chocolates when it comes to reliability and it's looking like the slowest car of the bunch.

Speaking of which, has Neuville made any rally ending mistakes this year?
    No no, not firmly in his hands, everything can happen in two rallies. But I see him as favourite right now.
    Neuville didn't do big mistakes this year, a slip in Monte and one in Wales. But in many rallies he's not the one setting the pace anymore, and Hyundai doesn't look like it improved in terms of pace. In Spain Hyundai should have a new engine upgrade?

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Will be quite surprised if Neuville gets a strong result in Spain (road sweeper + dodgy tarmac car), Ogier can potentially jump Neuville there and then roadsweep in Australia. Far from over, and both are good in Australia which also sets up the scene nicely.

Tänak the dark horse, tough task but definitely not impossible.

Liked 1,445 Times in 828 Posts
    Anyway you swing this around, this is the most exciting season we had for a very long time, yes 2017 was a thriller but this year eclipsed it all, I can't recall the last time you had 3 drivers in with a shout to get that driver's title. 2003 was the last year but I think that towards the end of that season it was a 2 horse race between Loeb & Solberg. Before that it was 2001 when you had Sainz-McRae-Burns fighting for it and when you think about it, that's 17 years ago!
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

10. Likes: Rally Power (7th October 2018),WRC1 (8th October 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Skeptical as I am it is possible to compare this recent era with 2000-2004 which was also great.

Past/Present:
    "old time" champ holding on but slowly loosing ground - Makinen and Gronholm at that time / Ogier now
    "lucky" guy that got a shot at the championship in between - Burns + Solberg then / Neuville now
    One team and driver starting to dominate - Loeb+Citroen / Tanak + Toyota

Hope it doesn't end the way it did in 2005-2006 and then into the "dark ages" of 2 teams.

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (17th October 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    In Spain Hyundai should have a new engine upgrade?
    Before Germany Nandan said something about suspension changes for tarmac coming before Spain. They certainly do need it. Don't remember anything about engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Before Germany Nandan said something about suspension changes for tarmac coming before Spain. They certainly do need it. Don't remember anything about engine.
    I must be mistaking then. Good if that's the case, I'd have more faith on suspension changes rather than engine upgrades. Then again, I'm not an engineer so what do I know.