Page 169 of 215 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2150
    Liked 944 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I would've lost my bet... Citroen are planning for 2019 WRC !

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...talks-for-2019

Well for 2018 they had 1 main goal:

"Widen the operational window" = make the car work in different conditions. I would say that speed/performances in Sweden, Mexico, Argentina and Portugal (looking both at Meeke and other drivers) did seem to confirm that there is an improvement.

This gets them into a better position for getting drivers for 2019 than they were last year. For Ogier I think Matton leaving is also a plus.

That does still not mean they will get any or that they will actually continue. Some of this could be PR stuff to keep interest up before pulling out.

2. Likes: A FONDO (4th June 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Because you see ghosts everywhere and post it out to everyone, currently Meeke is supposed to pay Citroen, Citroen isn`t safe (although that current crash would wreck every car similarly and in the end all C3 crashes have a "happy-ending") and is such a bad car that some old bloke with a codriver, most definitely enjoying his cuisine, comes and posts Top 3 times, even leads for a while. They aren`t perfect, like me or you, but this is nonsense.
    Don't cry, it's just arabian Citroen.

Liked 2,383 Times in 1,114 Posts
    I would've lost my bet... Citroen are planning for 2019 WRC !

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...talks-for-2019
    by david evans...

lol...
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,437 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    by david evans...

lol...
    Budar actually...
    "You can imagine in our situation we are going to consider all of the opportunities to have a new driver.

"If you tell me Ogier is on the market and Ogier can be interested by Citroen then, of course, I would be interested in Sebastien Ogier. That's for sure.

"But we have to consider all the opportunities. We have to define our driver line-up for next year."
    The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 1,682 Times in 788 Posts
    Budar actually...
    "You can imagine in our situation we are going to consider all of the opportunities to have a new driver.
    "If you tell me Ogier is on the market and Ogier can be interested by Citroen then, of course, I would be interested in Sebastien Ogier. That's for sure.
    "But we have to consider all the opportunities. We have to define our driver line-up for next year."

At least Budar sounds wiser than Matton: they aren’t exclusively betting on Ogier and they’re aware that signing him can only be possible IF he’s interested.

Again, after having a test unreasonably refused and seeing Loeb, the archrival, taking the spotlights while Matton was trying to convince Ogier to become Citroen lead driver, how can he still be interested? Sometimes it’s not only about the car or the money; it’s also about respect, and Citroen failed to show it.

The positive side of the story is really the prospect of Citroen still being there in 2019. Fingers crossed.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: AnttiL (4th June 2018),pantealex (5th June 2018),sonnybobiche (4th June 2018),steve.mandzij (5th June 2018),TWRC (5th June 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Of course Ogier will not be interested in it. Why would he start all over again. Look where he got M-Sport, they will get upgrades and if he wanted to leave the team he wouldn't bother to improve the car at first.

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (4th June 2018),stefanvv (4th June 2018)
    Liked 944 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Of course Ogier will not be interested in it. Why would he start all over again. Look where he got M-Sport, they will get upgrades and if he wanted to leave the team he wouldn't bother to improve the car at first.
    How about he's improving the car to win the title this year? Not like he is leading now is he.

11. Likes: dimviii (4th June 2018),pantealex (5th June 2018),TWRC (5th June 2018)
    Liked 228 Times in 124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i dont think Huttunen is ready for wrc.
    Not yet. Needs experience on both 4wd car and WRC events. But he has talent. Unfortunately unreliable car not giving him the experiece he needs. Mistakes also, but at that stage of career, they are inevitable

13. Likes: pantealex (5th June 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    How about he's improving the car to win the title this year? Not like he is leading now is he.
    That was actually one interesting part of the article, that an important engine upgrade will come but not until 2019

Liked 774 Times in 336 Posts
    If I was CitroŽn, I would keep Breen and get Tidemand + an experienced driver. Sordo might be a good one, for feedback on the car, helping the young guns and getting constant good results.
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

16. Likes: Micke_VOC (7th June 2018)