Page 201 of 212 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2113
  1. #2001
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    100
    Like
    20
    Liked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Why so you think he would lose his ride to Ogier? Ogier-Breen-Østberg would be a nice team
    Yes, it would be great from a consistency point of view, three drivers that rarely crash. Question mark over budget though, would Ogier bring redbull money, would Abu Dhabi then pull support etc. They really should be running a three car team, but on the strength of the last two seasons I have my doubts.

  2. #2002
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,821
    Like
    1,356
    Liked 2,590 Times in 1,210 Posts


  3. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (3rd August 2018),JTGANG (2nd August 2018),Mirek (2nd August 2018),pantealex (3rd August 2018),spiderem (2nd August 2018)
  4. #2003
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    432
    Like
    20
    Liked 135 Times in 63 Posts
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augu...4--12-12-.html

    Glad to read that Jari Matti got his confidence back.
    Honestly i wonder how his wife is copping living with such an emotional roller-coaster beside her!

  5. #2004
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    432
    Like
    20
    Liked 135 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post

    No offense to Jourdan, but is it not a bit crazy to give this beast to a "not so experienced driver"? Rally is on a slow recovery with regards to general public acceptance, 1 major off with injuries or fatalities and the whole thing will be in jeopardy again... I guess we got away with Paddon's off in Monte 17 by the fact that it was the very first stage of the first rally of the new wrc era... Hope my fears won't materialize.
    PS i like the car livery though.

  6. #2005
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    18,969
    Like
    4,586
    Liked 5,788 Times in 2,434 Posts
    I have no problem with him driving. I'm only afraid of repeating last year's Catalunya when the starting order with Serderidis ahead of Kopecký virtually destroyed Kopecký's victory.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  7. #2006
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    337
    Like
    418
    Liked 459 Times in 186 Posts
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augu...4--12-12-.html

    When your self-confidence goes down you can’t come and win the next rally because first you have to build it up again and only then can you win.

    I have to quote Terry Harryman: oh dear god
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  8. Likes: janvanvurpa (3rd August 2018),pantealex (3rd August 2018)
  9. #2007
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    358
    Like
    0
    Liked 132 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I have to quote Terry Harryman: oh dear god
    its getting near contract time, and JML is taking about finding his confidence.

  10. #2008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    993
    Like
    1
    Liked 226 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    No offense to Jourdan, but is it not a bit crazy to give this beast to a "not so experienced driver"? Rally is on a slow recovery with regards to general public acceptance, 1 major off with injuries or fatalities and the whole thing will be in jeopardy again... I guess we got away with Paddon's off in Monte 17 by the fact that it was the very first stage of the first rally of the new wrc era... Hope my fears won't materialize.
    PS i like the car livery though.
    I don't see why he's a risk.

    Yeah, he has a quick car, but he's always had quick cars. He doesn't drive on the edge so as to cause much of an increased safety risk.

  11. Likes: dimviii (2nd August 2018)
  12. #2009
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,203
    Like
    2,029
    Liked 2,072 Times in 943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I have no problem with him driving. I'm only afraid of repeating last year's Catalunya when the starting order with Serderidis ahead of Kopecký virtually destroyed Kopecký's victory.
    Dust won’t be as much of an issue

  13. Likes: cali (3rd August 2018)
  14. #2010
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,315
    Like
    387
    Liked 762 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I don't see why he's a risk.

    Yeah, he has a quick car, but he's always had quick cars. He doesn't drive on the edge so as to cause much of an increased safety risk.
    He is in fact less of a risk than the factory drivers that are on the edge everywhere. He will take corners a lot slower than the top drivers, so much less risk imo
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  15. Likes: cali (3rd August 2018),dimviii (2nd August 2018),Mirek (3rd August 2018),nafpaktos (7th August 2018),pantealex (3rd August 2018),steve.mandzij (2nd August 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •