Page 22 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I dont know actual price for JWRC next year, but with this year price you can do easily 3-4 ERC races with R5, maybe more...

2. Likes: pantealex (6th December 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also doing the JWRC gives you good media coverage.

It does? to be honest I have no idea at all about ANYTHING about JWRC..
    Nothing about the cars, nothing about their spec--what is allowed to mod what isn't who and importantly costs of car, engine suspension and entries..
    I read something--the regs oddly enough--shocking for the thing called Dubya Arsey Academy which to me looked like a scheme to make 1/4 million dollars off of rich people to drive in near last place over-all just so they can claim they are "Dubya Arsey Drajver" ...is that the same as JWRC?
    What cars? what costs?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Identical R2T Fiestas prepared by M-Sport with Pirelli tyres next year. Competitors are chosen, winner gets to own a new Fiesta mk8 R5+ fuel and tyres from Pirell. Quite tempting...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I dont know actual price for JWRC next year, but with this year price you can do easily 3-4 ERC races with R5, maybe more...
    That's why I said WRC2. ERC is just a hardcore rally fan thing or a regional thing in countries without a WRC rally.

If you get to top 5 in WRC2, even if you are 10 minutes behind the leader, you get your name on the WRC TV broadcast. And if you get to top 3, you'll get driving footage as well

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Identical R2T Fiestas prepared by M-Sport with Pirelli tyres next year. Competitors are chosen, winner gets to own a new Fiesta mk8 R5+ fuel and tyres from Pirell. Quite tempting...
    Don't understand because you begin with a sentence fragment. I understand about the "WRC Academy" having read their regs and costs structure...as i said it seems like a money grab..I was asking more about the Junior WRC--and what were costs.. Like lease a car for $xxxxxxx, entry $xxxx etc
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Don't understand because you begin with a sentence fragment. I understand about the "WRC Academy" having read their regs and costs structure...as i said it seems like a money grab..I was asking more about the Junior WRC--and what were costs.. Like lease a car for $xxxxxxx, entry $xxxx etc
    You mean like these very public details? How should they have informed the world? A personal letter to you?

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-new...y-championship

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    In addition there are R2 challenges in national events, also with quite tempting amounts (to use in JWRC or JERC). So all in all, pretty much perfect to show yourself to manus and when really lucky, grab the prize.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That's why I said WRC2. ERC is just a hardcore rally fan thing or a regional thing in countries without a WRC rally.

If you get to top 5 in WRC2, even if you are 10 minutes behind the leader, you get your name on the WRC TV broadcast. And if you get to top 3, you'll get driving footage as well
    I dont think so. Bryan Bouffier was hugely disappointed with media coverage and everything around after his third place on Monte...

10. Likes: RS (7th December 2017)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    FIA: From next season, drivers entered with R5 cars who are not registered in the FIA WRC 2 Championship, or who have not been entered by a registered WRC 2 Team during the year, may use any tyre brand, including those not nominated by the FIA for the WRC. This will ensure more local drivers have the possibility to compete in WRC events.

Wouldn't that be a good idea for R1 R2 R3 R4 as well ... ?

12. Likes: Maui J. (9th December 2017)
    Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts