Page 219 of 237 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2367
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Skeptical as I am it is possible to compare this recent era with 2000-2004 which was also great.

Past/Present:
    "old time" champ holding on but slowly loosing ground - Makinen and Gronholm at that time / Ogier now
    "lucky" guy that got a shot at the championship in between - Burns + Solberg then / Neuville now
    One team and driver starting to dominate - Loeb+Citroen / Tanak + Toyota

Hope it doesn't end the way it did in 2005-2006 and then into the "dark ages" of 2 teams.
    I wouldnt be so optimistic with Tänak...

2. Likes: cali (8th October 2018),steve.mandzij (8th October 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Sad news that Craig Parry has been forced to retire from co-driving following his pre-Germany testing crash.

http://www.dai-sport.com/parry-calls...riving-career/

Seems the crash was a lot more serious than initially reported. I read something the other week that said he wasn't back walking yet. Thankfully the piece says he should make a full recovery.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Meeke is back again ! After Rally Legend .... He will drive Skoda Fabia R5 for Condroz Rally in Belgium ► http://bit.ly/2P0iLVx

5. Likes: Mirek (16th October 2018),pantealex (16th October 2018),RS (16th October 2018),the sniper (16th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21 View Post
    Meeke is back again ! After Rally Legend .... He will drive Skoda Fabia R5 for Condroz Rally in Belgium ► http://bit.ly/2P0iLVx
    So finally he found an agreement in his fight with Citroen, which didnt allowed him to do any rally this year?

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    So finally he found an agreement in his fight with Citroen, which didnt allowed him to do any rally this year?
    Think he's now been released from his contract.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    any news?

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    Think he's now been released from his contract.
    Meeke was released from his contract as soon as he was fired. He was always free to be able to drive whatever he wanted as soon as that happened.

As there was believed to be legal action by him against Citroen over the teams of his dismissal, and the resulting damage that this would cause to his future employment opportunities, he can hardly go around and wreck that claim by comtinuning to compete, can he?

Hence, why, now that the Toyota deal has done, and his claim is null and void against Citroen he's been free to do Legends and other rallies.

Allegedly.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Hence, why is like writing "Hence, hence now that the Toyota..." Or "Why, why now that the Toyota..."
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Meeke was released from his contract as soon as he was fired. He was always free to be able to drive whatever he wanted as soon as that happened.

As there was believed to be legal action by him against Citroen over the teams of his dismissal, and the resulting damage that this would cause to his future employment opportunities, he can hardly go around and wreck that claim by comtinuning to compete, can he?

Hence, why, now that the Toyota deal has done, and his claim is null and void against Citroen he's been free to do Legends and other rallies.

Allegedly.
    That is not true. He was not free to drive whatever he wanted...

12. Likes: dimviii (17th October 2018),er88 (17th October 2018),TWRC (17th October 2018)
    Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    No way, Kris had a contract till the end of 2018 and got for sure some good money. He was free to go whatever he wants to do except to drive for another manufacturer in the WRC. Only if a manufaturer wants him to drive than Kris had to make a new deal in that case. I think why he could be driving the Toyota already and speaks what he wants because it's a deal with Lappi who can drive the Citroën as soon after the last round. Lappi (and all the orther drivers) mostly have a contract till the end of the year and needs permission to drive earlier for a new team.

What i also believe is that when Tanak don't have a chance for the championship anymore and the manufacturers title (for Toyota) is as good as be won Lappi could drive the Citroën already in Australia and Meeke the Toyota. That's a win-win situation and for sure something what would be discussed between the teams.